shape
carat
color
clarity

Bunions!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the responses.

I'm still waiting for my physiotherapist friend to return to town so I can have her take a look at my feet... It was heartening to read that Snicklefritz's bunions disappear from time to time (fingers crossed that's the case with me!!!). I am also going to try on and purchase Dansko clogs since people here have had good experiences with them. My feet haven't hurt much in the past few days but that's partly because I'm wearing adhesive cushions 24/7 and partly because I haven't stepped out of the house much - it's BRUTALLY cold here in Chicago so no walks or outdoor activity for me!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1390491692|3599468 said:
I will say that since moving to a stand up desk and wearing Danskos, my flat feet have improved a lot...

Thing, I am confused. Why would a stand up desk improve your feet? What's the connection?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes|1390538321|3600030 said:
thing2of2|1390491692|3599468 said:
I will say that since moving to a stand up desk and wearing Danskos, my flat feet have improved a lot...

Thing, I am confused. Why would a stand up desk improve your feet? What's the connection?

I think it's the Danskos and not the stand up desk, but I got the Danskos because I started standing at work. So my feet are reaping the benefits of wearing Danskos for 8+ hours a day while I stand/walk around the office! (Previously I was walking a couple of miles a day to and from work, but in not super supportive shoes, which I don't think helped my feet.) I actually just leave the Danksos at my office because I have a tendency to turn my ankles, and I turned my ankle wearing Danskos and tripped and sprained my Achilles tendon the last time I wore Danskos out and about.

Hopefully that makes more sense! :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1390328101|3597770 said:
AprilBaby|1390325361|3597728 said:
LaraOnline|1390278676|3597442 said:
AprilBaby|1390256392|3597191 said:
My gf has them from wearing pointed , very high heels for years..

ReallY??!! :errrr:

Yep. Logan's before looks good compared to hers. I have never heard of a man with bunions, very interesting.
They definitely have em. My brother's are ridiculous but his don't hurt him, or at least not enough to act on it.

Her after is seriously insanely awesome. I actually (ridiculously) thought "I wonder if they can redo mine now that time has passed and make them even better..."

Yes, men definitely get them too. My dad has them (not painful though) and he has flat feet. Bunions do not discriminate.
Hope you get good news ruby shoes and that your bunions disappear or at least do not cause you any more trouble.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who broke her leg when her ankle twisted when she wore Danskos. I tried those clogs on in a shoe store, and would never buy them, as they are a recipe for sprained ankles.

My husband suffers from a bunion, he skis a lot and has foot problems because he overdoes the sport. My whole life I have worn wide, perfect fitting great flat shoes such as Birkenstock Footprints, The result is perfect, beautiful pain- free feet which look the same as they did at age 16 as age 58.The key to healthy feet is to never wear stylish, pointy, narrow, high heeled shoes.
My shoes may often look frumpy, but the bling counteracts it and I have happy feet.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb. 19 I have surgery to remove the bunion on my left foot. I put the surgery off for too long and now it's inching toward the severe category. Not too happy about it and now I simply want it over with. The right foot needs surgery also but it's not as bad as the left. I'll probably get it done next winter. :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results