shape
carat
color
clarity

Because Nothing Is Permanent

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I do agree on the permanent eyeliner. My mom thought getting a fake mole would be a good idea and as she has gained weight/gotten older, the mole is three times the size. Then, she had someone apply some nude looking tattoo makeup around the edges. It's not good.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I have a collection of fondue pots. Really. I have seven of them now, from stainless electric to collectible designer ware, mostly from stoop sales in Brooklyn. Some of them, like my two varieties of Dansk, won on Ebay, are quite lovely, and some of them may be useful someday. I actually try to avoid fondue, because it is fattening.
It all started when my sister gave me one for my wedding in 1972...... It was orange! I was once going to open a store called Genuine Wedding Presents from the 70's, to sell all the green and orange stuff that stayed in the back of a closet until I finally moved. There was one plastic clock that had five layers of Scotch tape on it from five separate re-gifting episodes.
And I have a really super recipe for Stilton fondue......

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I was a lover of wallpaper before I discovered how difficult it was to get off drywall. I remember wallpaper called "the wet look", that i had to have. It was shiney, a patent-leather look. in the days of orange. I also loved wallpaper called "the foil look". It was also shiny and quite the rage in New York when i lived there. I miss wallpaper, but nothing can entice me to paper again. Paint wil do.

I also love Fondue, cheese is best.

Annette

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This thread seriously cracks me up.

Both of my great grandmothers had this wallpaper in their house
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pp-4J9vThO8/TRGcpot-dOI/AAAAAAAADo4/x2j47ES4SdM/wallpaper_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800

Anyone else have fun 70's wallpapers? I wish I could find the items in my Great Grandmother's bathroom. We called her mother. she had this green and metallic wallpaper and these two fish, a male in a tux and a female, that looked like they were getting ready to kiss each other! SO's grandparents have the exact same fish and wallpaper at their house. It's pretty surreal!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1381364860|3535034 said:
Maria D|1381364410|3535027 said:
Oh my god, I am crying with laughter. I'll bet people lost a LOT of weight with these recipes!

We were posting at the same time, my friend. You are so very prescient. I used to love the hotdog and sauerkraut casserole made with three hotdogs and chopped up green peppers. It was all simmered in tomato juice. Tomato juice was a magic fluid. For some reason it, and only it, didn't make you fat. Slices of plain, white bread also had magical qualities if I remember correctly. One could melt anything on them. An ounce of cheese. Cottage cheese mixed with sweetener and vanilla to make a cheese Danish. (This was made in a toaster oven and was quite the treat!).

Deb
:wavey:
No wonder my Mom was such a grump all the time! If this is the kind of crap she ate, I don't blame her for being b*tchy! I remember lots of cottage cheese, Tab and Melba toast that my Mom bought by the case! Oy vey!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1381350708|3534891 said:
minousbijoux said:
iLander|1381349552|3534877 said:
And don't get me started on why I don't wallpaper . . .

Just a thought I'd share some thoughts that bubbled up in my head. :bigsmile:

Ha ha, I love the thoughts that bubble up from your head iLander; they're always original! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

How you doing, Minous? Hope your world is smiling on you. :)

Yes!!! And you, my dear, have not lost your touch, as you were right about everything! ;))

Now, tell me what's the next big style trend so I can make it my forever furniture in my house! :bigsmile: :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1381366762|3535049 said:
Fondue is delicious, I like that green furniture, and the happy couple look very much in love.

Get off my lawn, whippersnappers! :lol:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1381421088|3535318 said:
Oh my god, I am crying with laughter. I'll bet people lost a LOT of weight with these recipes!

We were posting at the same time, my friend. You are so very prescient. I used to love the hotdog and sauerkraut casserole made with three hotdogs and chopped up green peppers. It was all simmered in tomato juice. Tomato juice was a magic fluid. For some reason it, and only it, didn't make you fat. Slices of plain, white bread also had magical qualities if I remember correctly. One could melt anything on them. An ounce of cheese. Cottage cheese mixed with sweetener and vanilla to make a cheese Danish. (This was made in a toaster oven and was quite the treat!).

Deb
No wonder my Mom was such a grump all the time! If this is the kind of crap she ate, I don't blame her for being b*tchy! I remember lots of cottage cheese, Tab and Melba toast that my Mom bought by the case! Oy vey!

Perfect, Yenny, just perfect! All is now explained about the rage of the 1970's Moms of the World...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1381423151|3535351 said:
yennyfire|1381421088|3535318 said:

Deb

Perfect, Yenny, just perfect! All is now explained about the rage of the 1970's Moms of the World...
No kidding, right??!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results