shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad to knock diamond around?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in as another gym rat who freaks out about my bling (my 5ct ring Holly especially). I go to the gym 4 times a week and have had to alter my work-out routines. I do more cycling and the elliptical now instead of running. When I run, I tend to try and stay away from the panel. And when I lift weights I either wear Holly around my neck in a chain and leave the other rings in the locker or I leave all my rings in the locker. I figure that's what insurance is for but regardless the thought of having to make a claim freaks me out.

I will certainly check out all these neat products.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1390675152|3601042 said:
lknvrb4|1390651219|3600920 said:
I don't wear my eternity back d to work out in but I do wear my solitaire. I run many miles and I'm not afraid of it getting damaged while running. I have also dropped it on my slate floor twice and held my breath both times. So far no damage but it is scary.

Lknvrb4, we need to form a support group. Lol! Glad it's been safe so far. You don't happen to live in northern CA do you? SF AREA? Would be lots of fun to run with a PSer.
I wish I lived in that area, stuck in the middle of the Midwest.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to bring this thread back up to see what you decided to do, LLJSMOM. I'm looking for a new sports bra and saw that VS line has pockets in the some of their sports bras. Not sure I'm sure I'll be buying theirs but it's a selling point.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread. I guess i'm not working out hard enough because I haven't knocked my diamonds around. I turn my rings into my palms when I run on the treadmill, and then turn them out again when I hit weight machines...as for my solitaire necklace and earings they all stay on. I also do a lot of group class type of workouts and have never left anything in the locker. I'm also one of those that thinks that the safest place for my jewelry is on my body!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1393367248|3622908 said:
Just wanted to bring this thread back up to see what you decided to do, LLJSMOM. I'm looking for a new sports bra and saw that VS line has pockets in the some of their sports bras. Not sure I'm sure I'll be buying theirs but it's a selling point.

I've gone with option of just not wearing during the workout and leaving it in the locker. I'm comfortable with the safety factor, and that is what insurance is for. I did buy some awsome pants that I could put them in and not worry about landing on it. But, my setting is kinda like a tank. If I had pave, it probably would not withstand the beating. I'm better about not wearing it around the house, but I just love the sparkle. I accidentally knocked at against the tile in the bathroom again last night, but it's been a long time since the last knock so I'm doing better. And it wasn't a hard knock. :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1390546379|3600094 said:
ETA: come to think of it, they should just make sports bras with a tiny pocket right there just for this purpose. Hmm. Ok, someone steal my idea but I want compensation. :naughty:

I wear mastectomy bras that have pockets for the prosthetics to go in. The open from the side, but you could push your ring to the center where it'd be the most protected. Trouble is, I never take my ring off. In fact, I'm worse than LLJ'smom in the abuse I heap on my poor ring. :oops:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1393383824|3623142 said:
baby monster|1393367248|3622908 said:

I've gone with option of just not wearing during the workout and leaving it in the locker. I'm comfortable with the safety factor, and that is what insurance is for. I did buy some awsome pants that I could put them in and not worry about landing on it. But, my setting is kinda like a tank. If I had pave, it probably would not withstand the beating. I'm better about not wearing it around the house, but I just love the sparkle. I accidentally knocked at against the tile in the bathroom again last night, but it's been a long time since the last knock so I'm doing better. And it wasn't a hard knock. :)
Thanks for the update. I'm thinking of figuring out how to rig something like this http://www.theringcozy.com/ for the times I can't leave my rings in the locker.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results