shape
carat
color
clarity

A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (Pics)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Re: A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (P

Wow, what a cool thread, are we sharing cat pix? I would have a lot to share.:))) She was my kitty soulmate Stella hope the attachment goes through, I lost her last September and I will likely never recover from her loss. BTW, I am so happy that you did not turn the kitty over to the shelter OP as that almost always means death. Guess I would be allowed to post photos of several cats only not jewelry.:)))

stella-looking-at-the-cord.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a pic of mine:

jessinsink.jpg

DK :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

OV, please share your kitty pics, if not here (if Elliot want to keep this to mostly Oreo) then we have a Cat Pics thread as well! I'm sure someone will post it for us both (since I never recall what it is called). My condolences on your loss.

I am so sorry you lost your soulmate Stella. What a beautiful and elegant lady she was. I know you'll see her again though.

My baby is my Duncan (not Merlin posted above), and he's now blind in one eye and a confirmed senior. I dread the thought of his passing when I see the signs of infirmity. And I know I'll be devastated when he finally goes over the Rainbow Bridge.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The more cat pics the merrier! :love: :love: :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1399981918|3671588 said:
Daily Oreos put a smile on my face. Everyone's bosses look great too.

Live wouldn't be the same if I weren't owned by kitties.

I love all the babies in here. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

More Oreo, please! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

I love looking at cat pics. Cats are such pretty and elegant animals.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Does anyone know where the cat thread is?:))) I do not want to highjack your thread Elliot. I was once an Aby breeder while living in the US and back in Europe but I stopped over 6 years ago as I took it too much to heart but then sadly the only good breeders are those whose hearts are fully involved. I am still owned by three Abys and a rescue kitty. Over the years we also rescued many kitties off the streets and found them homes and I always volunteered for rescues too. Now in December my mom found a pregnant dog, I have never ever been a dog person but the rest is history; now I am owned by a dog and one of her puppies, still I had just moved into a big house I offered to foster them and the two stayed. I am still a cat person.:)))

I have a lot of pix on my old website for kitties but here are some, first is CFA GC Deeablo Celtic Dragon pic taken some 10 years ago by a great friend Jean Papo doing catography, Kelsey is still doing great.

loved-ones.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Well, my server is not allowing me to upload more pix for now, Elliot I love Oreo what a unique beauty! So lucky that she found you, a great person that would take her in right away and not let her die on the streets or at a public shelter. I was very happy to read that animal lovers like this still exist! Cats are very addictive, not sure which is a worse addiction diamonds or cats.:))) Someone made a comment that was very true that diamonds do not die, this is so true because to me there is nothing more heartbreaking than losing one of my beloved sweethearts. BTW, I am also allergic, not just to cats but everything but the only thing I do is that I do not sleep with them, they come into bed for short visits but then I changed the sheets. I take meds anyhow. Stella slept with me and we were very bonded, my other kitties had too in the past but I had to stop because I was getting asthma, guess you can call this devotion to your cats.:))) Some might call it crazy. My mom is a doctor and is allergic but is still owned by a cat, do not want to start an allergy vs. cats war though.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock

I just wanted to say I think you did the right thing, Elliot86. =) I couldn't bear to drop a kitten off at a shelter knowing the myriad of things that could happen to the poor baby. I hope your kitty can adjust to a second baby in the household. :)

Elliot86|1396915637|3649318 said:
I can watch Frozen?
Just kidding going to sleep.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock

I can't resist posting some kitty photos. I promise to take them down, Elliot86,if you prefer to keep this about Oreo. :)

Hope someone can find that kitty thread though!

This was Izzy B. as a baby:
photo_on_6-22-12_at_3_0.jpg

And now:
izzy.jpg

2_155.jpg

4_59.jpg

Not a day goes by that I'm not giggling at her antics.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kitty thread bumped to top!!!

Random Pics & Stories of our Fur-babies :love:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock

Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Such beautiful kitties.

LOL at Izzy on top of the aquarium. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OVincze|1400054691|3672413 said:
Does anyone know where the cat thread is?:))) I do not want to highjack your thread Elliot. I was once an Aby breeder while living in the US and back in Europe but I stopped over 6 years ago as I took it too much to heart but then sadly the only good breeders are those whose hearts are fully involved. I am still owned by three Abys and a rescue kitty. Over the years we also rescued many kitties off the streets and found them homes and I always volunteered for rescues too. Now in December my mom found a pregnant dog, I have never ever been a dog person but the rest is history; now I am owned by a dog and one of her puppies, still I had just moved into a big house I offered to foster them and the two stayed. I am still a cat person.:)))

I have a lot of pix on my old website for kitties but here are some, first is CFA GC Deeablo Celtic Dragon pic taken some 10 years ago by a great friend Jean Papo doing catography, Kelsey is still doing great.

loved-ones.jpg

Such a sweet pic! Here's the thread you might be interested in... Enjoy :))

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/random-pictures-stories-of-our-furbabies.183988/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/random-pictures-stories-of-our-furbabies.183988/[/URL]

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Thanks so much Missy! I will definitely check this thread out. OVi

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OVincze|1400241896|3674038 said:
Thanks so much Missy! I will definitely check this thread out. OVi

You're very welcome! :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Do we need to fill out a Missing Kitty Report for a certain Oreo? :naughty: :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

"Oh hai, I'm sorry, did you not want me to rip everything out of the storage closet?"

_18260.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1400259132|3674243 said:
"Oh hai, I'm sorry, did you not want me to rip everything out of the storage closet?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

She's got PERSONALITY (all caps).

So cute.

Black and white kitties are trouble.

I have my own black and white (see AV) and she rules the whole house. And she's not always a benevolent ruler.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1400267763|3674335 said:

She's got PERSONALITY (all caps).

So cute.

Black and white kitties are trouble.

I have my own black and white (see AV) and she rules the whole house. And she's not always a benevolent ruler.

She looks like she can be a real Queen Bee.

Cats are much smarter then many people think they are. Their heads aren't cluttered with thoughts like we humans have, so they follow their instincts. On a cold rainy night she walked along, thinknig she was preggers and needed a home. Who knows how many houses she walked past before she found the right one, but find the right one she did!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am starting to totally see how much personality a cat can carry in such a little body :lol:

You know what else is cool? Bear has come out of his shell a lot more now that Oreo is in his life. He isn't nearly as skittish and there have been little changes, very subtle, but we feel as though he is becoming a bit more of the stereotypical cat (climbing, pouncing, eating treats even).

Very cool changes for everyone actually. There is more balance in the house.

_18318.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awwww, good to hear the resident kitty is coming out of his shell and has accepted Oreo as part of his family.

I doubt my cat would be so accommodating as she likes to be the madam of the house!

DK :))

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1400390405|3675330 said:
I am starting to totally see how much personality a cat can carry in such a little body :lol:

You know what else is cool? Bear has come out of his shell a lot more now that Oreo is in his life. He isn't nearly as skittish and there have been little changes, very subtle, but we feel as though he is becoming a bit more of the stereotypical cat (climbing, pouncing, eating treats even).

Very cool changes for everyone actually. There is more balance in the house.

AWWWW, what a cute pic! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Awww that's wonderful. Sometimes the world is a scary place and you need a friend to help make it safer. I'm so happy for Bear.

My Hally (AV kitty) is very bold. My boys hang back and let her venture out to try new things and places first. And then they follow her around and get comfortable.

I always think they see her like Indiana Jones in a booby trapped labyrinth. She lets them be much bolder than they would be on their own. They watch to make sure she's okay, then they can relax a bit.

Here's one of my kids, Jack:

img_20130812_221014_235.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Look at the kittysmile! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Love Jack, my Niello has similar coloring. I wish I could post his photos but somehow I was only able to upload two to this thread. Niello also loves to roll around on the floor, he always does that if he sees me or any time he is happy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1400405047|3675365 said:
Here's one of my kids, Jack:

Look at his darling curly little toes! This thread is incredible!
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All the kitters are so beautiful, I can see I am going to spend a lot of time enjoying this thread.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

This is Pumie, he is a rescued boy, he must have been born at a kitten mill somewhere in California, it was a sad thing that they were selling kittens in pet stores and they got returned because they were born with congenital conditions and sick with coccidia and other critters too. Pumie was all love, climbing on me, drooling, purring like crazy, surely these poor babies were sentenced to die as they had joint problems.
Puma has been the biggest love, take that literally.:))) He is a kitty that has always weighed at least 15 pounds, nothing could be done as he can hardly move but he loves life because he loves people, I am sure this boy lives on love. When he was a baby and almost died my vets told me he also had a kidney condition he was born with, most probably they meant Renal Amyloids, Puma also had several emergencies over the years, he developed megacolon, he has kidney problems every couple years, he has very bad joints and probably a heart condition too but he beat the odds! He will turn 13 this summer. Let's hope for a long and happy life for him, he has always worried me. His favorite pastime is hanging out in bed, cuddling, wrapping his arms around my neck and sticking his head under my head. Of course purring hard and drooling nonstop. He even refuses to eat if he can cuddle.

wonder_resized.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results