shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your pet name? Not lovey dovey nick but your actual dog or cat or bird, etc names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We have no pets at the moment (we have an unfenced yard, which would not be good for a dog) but over the years I''ve had (they''re all dead now):

Flower the male german shepard mix (named by my sister when she was 4 and totally captivated by Bambi)
Peetie the parakeet
Ubu the hamster
Cielo the parakeet
Sadie the chow/shepard mix

My parents have two rabbits, Honey Bun and Bandit, and two parakeets, whose names I can''t recall, or maybe my dad never got around to naming them, they''re his present from a few years ago.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We have two dogs (chihuahuas) named FlipFlop and Ta Dah!! (exclamation names included) and a cat named BooBop.

They''re original, no? Gotta be to go with their original personalities. We love our furry little ones!!
9.gif

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Our 3yr old black lab mix is named Marley (see avatar) and we also have Franky, a 4yr old chinchilla.
9.gif

I definitely want another dog or maybe even a cat. Eventually (when we can afford it) I''d love to open up a "foster" home for animals to stay at until they can go to their forever homes, but BF says I''d probably end up keeping them all lol. He''s probably right!!
3.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I recently made a friend who is a foster parent for pets, and wouldn''t you know before they began "fostering," they had three pets and now they have seven?
9.gif

I''d be the same way!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How do you think I ended up with five cats?
20.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Our Miniature Pinscher's name is Eddie. Everyone thinks his name is so cute/funny, they think its hysterical that he has more of a "people" name, than a "dog" name.

When I first got him I was trying so hard to think of a name for him. One day I looked at him and I said, "Ok, what are we going to call you? Who do you look like?"

At that instant it just hit me like a ton of bricks....."Eddie." He's so cute and the name truly fits him. We just love him to death!!!!!
1.gif

H

hlpkaixin3344

My min pin''s name is Lupita. It is short for our lady of guadalupe. I still can''t really remember why I was so inclined to name her that. . . but now her name fits her perfectly
36.gif

H

hlpkaixin3344

It keeps posting me as anonymous! I don''t get this. . .

-thedreamer

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dog''s name is Maya.

My two dogs growing up were Casey and Scoop...Scoop was the mascot for the UCLA Bruin for a week or so til we took her in, and so "What''s the scoop?" became shortened to Scoop and thus her name.

I also had a Pappilon named Sugar and she truly was the sweetest dog. We also had an Airdale Terrier named Benjy.
I had a gorgeous Siberian Husky named Cody but I could not keep him so I gave him to a family near me.

My cats growing up were Snoopy (why I named a cat after a cartoon dog I willl never know), Roughy (a boy Tom cat who was actually super docile and sweet), Tyler (after Stephen Tyler) and then a gorgeous Russian Blue named Alana.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, PSrs have such cute pets and creative pet names!

Here are our two doggies:
Yaku (left) is a border collie/boxer and Koa (right) is Akita, Great Dane, border collie (we think).

smallkoaandyaku.JPG

Sha

Ideal_Rock
We have two dogs. Their names are Orion (male) and Galaxy (female).

The names of my last two dogs were Phoenix and Safari.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
My babies are:

Tiger Oscar - Orville
African Grey Parrot - Charlie
Male Eclectus - Alex
German Shepherd - Sophie
Greater Swiss Mountain dog - Hallie
Domestic short hair tabby cat - Abbie Gail
Domestic short hair black & white cat - Domino
Abyssinian mix guinea pig - Zack (he has one rockin'' mohawk, so he had to have a rockstar name)

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have 3 cats - Kiki, Fraidy Cat, and Queso. Kiki was a hugely pregnant stray that we were trying to catch. We started out calling "here, kitty kitty" but it eventually got shortened to "here, Kiki." That''s what she responded to, so the name stuck. Fraidy Cat is one of Kiki''s kittens (now a 12 year old cat) who is terrified of everything. Queso was another stray. My husband was going to name him Cheese because he was absolutely the stinkiest cat when we took him in. His little belly has calmed down quite a bit now that he is on a diet of food that''s good for him. He can still clear a room on occasion, though! My husband named all 3 cats. He never had pets growing up, so I gave him the honor of naming our kitties.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
My family has a Bichon Frise and her name is Georgia!
4.gif
She goes by all kinds of nicknames..I''ve kind of lost count. One of my favorites is Gigi. Before Georgia we had another Bichon named Francesca (she died in 2003
15.gif
39.gif
) and a Shih Tzu named Abercrombie (he died when I was very young
39.gif
). Georgia is definitely a core member of our family. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
her so much!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My fox terrier mix is named Miller. His nicknames include Mimmer, Meal Worm, Boober, and Francois Corn-Nugget
My orange beta, that died last week, was named Duke.
Pets in my past life were
Cats: JBuddy, Rosyln, Skeeter, Gypsy, Harleigh, and Kitty
Fish: Bill, Dennis and Frank
Dogs: Heidi, Sadie, Jack, and Brody
Birds: Sparkle and Cherry Blossom
Rat: Stymie
Here is Miller

Mealworm3.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up with cats. First an orange fuzzball called Shiraz, then an orange tabby Toffee, then a black lump Oggi (the ''g'' pronounced like the ''g'' in give, he was my favourite and my baby), and now a huge black and white splotchy puss called Pippin who stayed with mum and dad when I moved out.

Now DH and I have 2 mini fox terriers/terrors
37.gif
Ebony and Bubbles. Their predecessor was a beautiful mini foxie called Bonnie who was unfortunately run over as a pup. I also have a lovebird called Bird. Yup, really though that one through. My husband is forever yelling "shut up bird!!!" so Bird just worked
41.gif
He always decides to squawk at high pitch when there''s something really good on TV! He''s a funny little thing.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yorkie named cosmo. short for cosmopolitan
5.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
We have a Havanese named Bailey. He goes by all sorts of names that me and my DH have come up with from who knows where...

Bailey: Bonecrusher, Bones, Boopka

9.gif

Baileymidair02-1.jpg

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
My puppies name on her papers is Princess Mia Puff, so her name is Mia (Meeah)to pronounce I sometimes call her poofty bear, puff puff,babbie (LOL) or boogie when shes bad lol

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to include ALL of the house hold animals, not just my own. We have my dog Sasha Mae whom we call Sasha but I have a habit of calling Poo-poo cuz she''s a brat lol. Sandy Dawn Springs or Sandy, or old lady cuz she''s an old lady (laborador). Roxy (named by my sister after the clothing line) who gets called Roxanne when She''s in trouble (black lab). Rou, my oldest arabian. Bali my youngest. Pete, my sister''s overly intelligent pain in the a horse. Tango my sister''s other horse. And Pontus, my fish, god of the sea I believe? God of the deep sea.

We once had a cat named cat. I named him after the cat in sword of truth.
We had two Catina''s. Catina two came after catina one (cats) and catina two looked and acted JUST LIKE catina one. It was weird. We also have my mom''s dog Major, and her other dog Roscoe (P. Coaltrain). Then my cat sassy (who is super B). We''ve had peanut, corey, shady, tracker, rusty, peaches, buddy, bixby, frisky (after the cat food), smoky, doc, penny, piszka (horse), Z (horse), scooter, cassie, honey. jeez.

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
My friend worked for the ASPCA here in Dallas and was able to get us a free adoption. Here''s our lovely (yet VERY psychotic) cat, Cricket:

cricketcat.JPG

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
A Westie named Lula May (like in Breakfast at TIffany''s but spelled May after Brian May the guitarist of Queen) but she goes by "Lulu".

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan-How cool is that? I like Scoop!!!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that I loved reading this thread... and seeing all the cute animals!! They truly are family.
I have a cat named Salem. AKA "Fang-cat" or "Fang-boy" for obvious reasons. My mom calls him "Underfoot" because he''s always scampering around your feet. She also calls him "Mr. Into" because you can''t leave cabinet or closet doors open around him. Or boxes (see pic below).

My mom has a 30 lb. cat named "Phat-boy" (Phat was THE cool word at the time, and he''s just huge). I try to tell her that he is entirely unhealthy... but to no avail. She feeds him EVERYTHING! "Oh, look - he likes spaghetti...cream cheese...maple syrup!!" Yeah.... I''ll have to find a pic of him.

In the meantime, here''s my Salem...

sal333.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our little red girl is named "Dreamer" and our little dapple boy is named "Seamus". They are both longhaired miniature dachshunds and we love them to pieces!

seamusdreamercuties.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
YAY!! More adorable pet pics - I just love looking at all these adorable furry darlings.

Lynnie - I''m really sorry to hear about your mom''s cat. It always breaks my heart to see/ready about really overweight pets. Because its not like the pet gets any say in the matter, you know? They can''t control what they eat, but we can. They just have to suffer the discomfort and bad health that goes with being really overweight
39.gif
15.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
UCLA, thanks! She was sort of adopted her when a fellow staffer brought her in because she had the biggest paws around and her mom would not allow her to keep Miss Scoop. We inherited her and she was the sweetest dog around.

My Husky Kodiak (for Kodiak Island) aka Cody was one MY mom would not allow me to keep. I had taken him out with me and a man stopped me to pet him. I got his name and when my mom told me the puppy had to go, I called this man up and brought Cody to his house. He had a lovely him and nice yard and two kids, and they loved him. I cried and cried but had no choice.

I posted Maya photos in the thread about her heart. I am in total love with her, as is anyone who meets her.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 2:51:13 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
YAY!! More adorable pet pics - I just love looking at all these adorable furry darlings.

Lynnie - I''m really sorry to hear about your mom''s cat. It always breaks my heart to see/ready about really overweight pets. Because its not like the pet gets any say in the matter, you know? They can''t control what they eat, but we can. They just have to suffer the discomfort and bad health that goes with being really overweight
39.gif
15.gif
I lectured my room mate about this and she put her pet on a diet and I am happy to report that he is now much thinner! Still over weight, but not morbidly so anywmore
16.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, your dogs are gorgeous! I would love to have a dog, but my cramped apartment won''t allow it....

AmberGretchen and Dreamer... I have tried and tried to convince my mom to put Phatboy on a diet... I don''t know what else I can do!! She doesn''t get it! It is soooo frustrating!!

I moved out of mom''s almost 2 years ago and took Salem with me. He has always been "my" cat, and he is so much happier here. Phatboy was always king of the roost at mom''s.

Anyhoo, here is Phatboy. Yes, he sits like that ''cause it''s easier for him to breath, and yes, I have told my mother that...

phatboy.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - good for you for convincing your friend. That''s awesome that kitty is slimmed down now! To be fair, its actually really tough to get them from slightly overweight to properly lean, but not so tough to get them from obese to not obese. That''s actually what we''re battling with our kitties right now - our two older girls have a little bit of extra weight hanging around, even though they eat a strictly measured diet of high-quality food, so we''re working on it with the vet''s supervision. But they aren''t really fat or anything, just a little bit of extra pudge around the tummy area (and who doesn''t have that?
20.gif
).

Lynnie - have you tried asking your mom''s vet to say something? I know its often more effective when people hear it from a "professional" or an "expert" rather than their own family, no matter how knowledgeable (or right!) they may be. Maybe your mom needs to hear it in really stark terms from the vet - i.e. he/she needs to tell your mom that by keeping that poor kitty that fat, she is killing him, and sooner rather than later. Poor baby, that''s just heartbreaking to see
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results