shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the worst insult you've hurled at your mother?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welllll, let's see . . . I called her a slut once. But I was like six years old, and I didn't know what it meant. I heard that word on the Golden Girls, so I thought it was OK! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't recall saying anything hurtful to my mother. My family life was kind of chaotic and disorganized due to my father being an alcoholic, and an issue with my brother in my teens, so I was left to my own devices most of the time and my mother and I didn't interact that much because she was overwhelmed with other problems.

Also, I was raised during the 60's, when the parenting method of choice of some parents was a good dose of fear, so I was afraid to talk back to my parents, even though there were times it would have been justified.

My daughter said "I hate you" several times during her teen years, and I didn't realize at the time that it's typical for teens to say this to parents (hard for me to understand, since I wouldn't have dreamed of saying this to mine) and at the time it hurt like hell. It's rough hearing "I hate you" from someone you would literally die for. She would say it to me, then I'd go into my room and see a card she made for me when she was 5 saying "I love you Mommy" and I'd burst into tears. I was completely unprepared for my daughter's teenage years, and in hindsight would have handled things very differently.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The worst thing I said to her was the typical, "I hate you!" but my good friend takes the cake...

although she did not say this to her mother, she did say it to her father:

my friends dad is always on her case about everything, so one day when they were arguing and he was grilling her with tons of questions she screamed, "YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST F*CK ME UP THE ASS!!!!!!!!!!!"

:errrr:

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Irishgrrrl said:
Welllll, let's see . . . I called her a slut once. But I was like six years old, and I didn't know what it meant. I heard that word on the Golden Girls, so I thought it was OK! :bigsmile:

LOL...Oh my god, now that's FUNNY!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girlrocks said:
Irishgrrrl said:

LOL...Oh my god, now that's FUNNY!!!

Well, she thinks so NOW, but at the time? Ummm . . . not so much! LOL! :devil: ;)) :cheeky:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer said:
I've never said anything hurtful or insulting to my mother. Ever.

Me, either. Though I certainly thought it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. My 3 year old has already said "I hate you" to both my husband and me when she's mad (but when she's happy she is just as giving with I love you's as well).

I actually don't remember ever saying I hate you to my mom. I was a nerdy teen. I was terrible by ignoring her when she asked me to do stuff, but I don't think ever tried to be intentionally cruel (though who knows, maybe my mom has a different recollection). Us kids did tease her about her weight, in particular her belly saying things like is there a beach ball under your shirt? Are you sure there isn't a dead baby in there?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, about 10 years ago my mom and I hit a rocky patch. She has always been very judgmental, and I felt she crossed the line with me regarding my adult son when she did not have all the facts. I told her that I hoped my children never had the same feelings about me as all of her children have about her :angryfire: We all love her, but don't much like her. She has gotten better over the years, but none of us are very close to her. We have since mended our relationship, but I work very hard every day to make sure I have a better relationship with my children.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mother and I used to REALLY hash it out when I was a teenager, full on cursing and screaming. We had a lot of things going on in our lives and there was a lot of anger between us that took quite awhile to hash out. We haven't had problems like that since I was in my mid-teens and I am grateful for it. For how good our relationship is now I can't believe we were ever so horrible to each other!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm weird where I never had a big falling out with my mom. For most of my life I would consider her almost like one of my best friends, a confidant. However the street goes both ways and when she was going through a divorce with my Dad, I would be (sometimes brutally) honest about what I thought about her behavior. But I guess I would say our relationship has always been close. If I had to guess I may have a similar relationship with my older daughter, while I butt heads with my youngest and imagine this may crop up again during teenagedom.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I've ever truly insulted my mom. She's so laid back, and didn't even really yell at us much growing up. We would even beg her to be "Mean Mommy", so she'd yell and look so out of character, and we'd just laugh.

We do jokingly insult each other on the regular. I call her the old dinosaur and she calls me her demon child. :lol:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I never did the "I hate you." I think I've guilt-ed her, dunno if that counts. I mentioned neither she nor my dad ever come to my games, i was glad that older brother was home from school so he could be there. It was nice to have family watching. Next day, she came. :)

Other than that the "You don't know what you're talking about." Or "You can't qualify that statement."

Once when I was really young, I told her she was my favorite mommy. :)

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I was 13 I called my mom a b!tch to her face. She smacked me so hard across the cheek she made my head spin, then said (not like a wish, but more like a curse), "One day you'll have a daughter with a mouth like yours."

I never insulted her again (in fact my right cheek is getting hot just remembering it) and my daughter has been rolling her eyes at me since she was 2 1/2, and at 5 has quite the attitude and is very vocal in her various disgruntlements (of which there are many because she has such an awful life and I'm the worst mom in the world...well, according to her.) I am reminded of my mom's curse every single day :devil:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
part gypsy said:
Hmm. My 3 year old has already said "I hate you" to both my husband and me when she's mad (but when she's happy she is just as giving with I love you's as well).

My 5 year old has been saying some pretty rotten stuff to me too. For example, when she was 4, I got frustrated that she wasn't getting to bed on time, she proclaimed, "You're ALWAYS screaming at me! The police are gonna take me away from you!" :-o

Lately she's been threatening to find a new family. So I've offered to pack her bags and that usually nips it in the bud. She knows exactly how to push my buttons :)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MonkeyPie said:
LAJennifer said:
I've never said anything hurtful or insulting to my mother. Ever.

Me, either. Though I certainly thought it!

No. Never. She treated me with great respect and good manners, and by god, she demanded the same. Whether I liked her rules was completely irrelevant to her. I was in fact, not even allowed to LOOK as if I was displeased with a situation. I would get "the look" along with, "Get that LOOK off your face RIGHT NOW, young lady!" And I did. My mom had a great sense of fun, and had endless patience with me, but she was not my friend, she was my mom, and I was never allowed to forget that relationship. Much later we became best friends, but when I was a teen she was still my MOM.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ericad said:
part gypsy said:

My 5 year old has been saying some pretty rotten stuff to me too. For example, when she was 4, I got frustrated that she wasn't getting to bed on time, she proclaimed, "You're ALWAYS screaming at me! The police are gonna take me away from you!" :-o

Lately she's been threatening to find a new family. So I've offered to pack her bags and that usually nips it in the bud. She knows exactly how to push my buttons :)

LOL I used to threaten to run away and one day my Mom packed me a bag and put me outside on the doorstep and said good bye. I didn't know what to do so I went and hid in the bushes so she would think I ran off, little did I know she was inside the curtain watching me the whole time. I waited about an hour (an ETERNITY) and then came back saying ... I've decided to stay. :lol: I never threatened that again.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Mara, I cracked up reading your post because I did the EXACT same thing. I told my mom I was running away (I think I was 6?) so she packed me a little bag and I sat in the bushes (beneath a window where she could see me--though I didn't think about that). I think I must have sat out there for an hour as well, though it was probably less despite feeling like a lifetime. I came back inside and told her I was staying and remember feeling like a fool at the time. I went to my room until dinner because I was too embarrassed to face my mom. I never did that again, either.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady said:
Oh my gosh, Mara, I cracked up reading your post because I did the EXACT same thing. I told my mom I was running away (I think I was 6?) so she packed me a little bag and I sat in the bushes (beneath a window where she could see me--though I didn't think about that). I think I must have sat out there for an hour as well, though it was probably less despite feeling like a lifetime. I came back inside and told her I was staying and remember feeling like a fool at the time. I went to my room until dinner because I was too embarrassed to face my mom. I never did that again, either.

LOL! my bush was under a window too so she totally had a GREAT VIEW of me the entire time!

I remember thinking 'Gee she doesn't even care that I 'ran away'...she hasn't even come out to look for me'... HAHA.

When I told her I decided to stay she just said 'Ok are you ready for dinner?' Now I can imagine how much it must have taken to not start laughing.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Mara, I definitely had the same "why doesn't she care?!" thought. Hahaha, I am laughing just remembering it. I thought she'd be soooo glad to see me when I came in and told her I was staying (despite my embarrassment), but she just said "okay" non-chalantly. It didn't even occur to me that she could see me since I thought I was so well-hidden behind the bush. She must have had a chuckle to herself when I sulked off into my room, defeated.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Mom and I had a rocky relationship after she found out I was sexually active. I didn't realize it at the time, but mom was molested as a kid, and my coming of age really pushed her off the deep end.

To this day, she has no idea of the things she said and done to me over the years. The worst thing, in my mind, was when I was 20, she slapped me very hard in front of my daughter. I told her I would no longer be taking her abuse and even if I had to wait until she was asleep, I would brain her with an iron frying pan, but that she would not touch me again.

My own daughter is now 17, and has tried the "You are no mother" routine. I calmly told her I refused to judge her at age thirty by the woman she was trying to be at 17, but to shut her mouth and think before she continued to say things she would regret once she hit thirty. That did put an end to the argument, and I hope she doesn't have a huge pile of regrets haunting her in life.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My mom and I got into some typical teenage fights, but I never hurled insults at her - my car keys/computer/boyfriend/anything else I cared about would have been gone faster than I could blink. Only once did I really push it, and found myself with a cancelled date and no car for the weekend. Keep in mind this is the same mother that once walked out of Disneyland five minutes after entering because my sister and I were acting up. Mom meant business!

I do vividly remember getting into a fight with her, walking up the stairs to my room, shutting the door and not coming back out. HOURS later (this happened right after school around 3:00, I think it was 10:00 when she came up) my mom came up and knocked on the door. I will never forget what she said to me - "You shut me out." She was crying. It might not seem like much, but then think about the fact that my father had died and my sister was at college. We were all the other had. I never shut her out like that again.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I did "run away" once, to my grandparents. I went home when they tried to make me take a bath at 7 and go to bed by 8.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
I did "run away" once, to my grandparents. I went home when they tried to make me take a bath at 7 and go to bed by 8.

:lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411 said:

That's so cute dragonfly!! :lol:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently mentioned that I thought my dad might be gay (they've been divorced for almost 30 years) and my mom flipped. I don't see this as an insult but she did. She looked at me in shock and said "He most certainly is not!" I guess she took offense that I would insinuate SHE would marry and have four children with a gay man.

As far as intentionally insulting her, I haven't done that as an adult but we had a rough relationship when I was a kid. I remember fighting with her and telling her I hate her. I saw her cry and actually remember telling my brother that I was glad I made her cry. :o I hope my kids never do that to me!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing too terrible, but I remember proclaiming when I was 7 that when I have kids that I am going to let them do whatever they want and have fun all day and not have to eat their vegetables!! *followed by a hmph type look with crossed arms*. As of now, I'm not so sure that applies anymore lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results