shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
This is day 51, so I decided I''d better stop at Target on the way home from work. I am having trouble believing I am reading this test right. I keep going back to look at the stick again, then re-read the instructions to verify, once again, that a plus sign means positive! I took the test 30 minutes ago, and am just waiting for DH to come home. I''m not sure how to spring the news. He is dying to be a daddy. I catch him staring at other people''s kids in restaurants and other places, and tease him that he better knock it off before someone thinks he''s a perv. Any tips on how to tell him?

The vertical line of my test is really strong, but the horizontal line (the one that appears whether it is a plus or a minus) almost looks pixilated. The instructions say the 2 lines might look different, so I assume it is a positive. I have to call my Dr. to schedule an appointment to confirm, but I don''t think I can wait that long to tell DH (although I would hate to get his hopes up if I am wrong).

2-28-2008.JPG

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Looks positive to me! A faint line is a line! Congratulations Kay! How exciting! Come join us in the Pregnant PS''ers thread!

Date: 2/28/2008 10:12:58 PM
Author: Kay
He is dying to be a daddy. I catch him staring at other people''s kids in restaurants and other places, and tease him that he better knock it off before someone thinks he''s a perv.
LOL! Sounds just like my DH! I tell him to same thing!

I don''t have any creative ways to tell your DH the good news, as I took the test with my DH. He was actually the first one to see the 2nd line because I was so scared to see another BFN. How about wrapping the HPT?? I''m sure he''ll love that gift!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Snlee. I am still waiting for DH to come home. Usually, he is home by 7 and I am the one that works to 9. I called a while ago and he said he had to finish a project tonight but he should be home within the hour.

According to an online due date calculator, the due date is 1 day before our third wedding anniversary this October. I''m tempted to tell him he had better plan on getting me a big gift for this anniversary because I am cooking a huge one for him!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Kay, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That''s a real line! Woohooooo!!! Can''t hurt to pee on a few more sticks just to put your mind at ease but I would say you are pregnant!!!
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - congratulatins Kay! I agree - it appears that you are pregnant! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Kay!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Kay!! That is awesome news, how''d the hubby take it?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay my faint line is almost 4 months old. I agree, take a few more tests. We only believed it after we bought a digital one. Congrats and good luck!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I am still in a state of shock today. DH was thrilled. He finally got home and was telling me about his day while I was still trying to figure out how/when to spring the news. Mr. Observant commented that the girls looked larger, and I replied that they would probably get a lot bigger, and he just kept looking at me and saying "really?" over and over again, lol.

I have gotten so little work done today. I have been surfing the net for baby furniture, maternity clothes, and magnet schools. I am so getting ahead of myself here. I am waiting to hear back from my doctor so I can get an "official" test to confirm.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Kay,
Your hubby is super observant
5.gif

Congratulations to you and your husband.
Lots of sticky dust going out your way!
Come join us over in the pregnancy thread.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
That is so funny, Kay! I am so glad.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay that''s so exciting. Best wishes to you and your hubby!! Please join us in the preggo thread. My faint line is 18, LOL.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
congrats kay...my faint line is now 1 1/2....dh wants to start trying over the summer...i''m a little nervous and i was thinking more next summer to start trying so we''ll see. i can''t imagine being pregnant, tired, and chasing after an over active 2 yr. old---anyone have stories?...lol

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO, Kay! Wishing you the best of luck.

How''s everyone else doing? Nothing new to report with me. I''m still working on getting a good handle on my cycle. Went off the pill in late December, and AF finally visited about 3 weeks ago. We''ll see what happens this time around. Anyway, we''re still looking at TTC around May-June.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,
I''ve decided it''s time for me to come clean and let you know I''m pregnant! I tried to hold it in for awhile, b/c well I''ve been very nervous...with this being #1, with me in hitting scary 35 number. I''m still nervous, but it''s been hard seeing everyone sharing their news as soon as they got their BFP''s while I''ve been holding it in. So I''m 10wks now, and the next 3 wks are still full of testing and the 1st trimester is a cautious one, but I feel a little more confident now.
emsmile.gif

I''m happy to answer anyone''s questions--it happened suprisingly quickly for us (DD is our 1st wedding anniversary) so I don''t have many tips, other than relax and know that it''s alot easier than you might be led to believe.
Can''t believe I''ve spilled the beans!! (so far only 3 ppl IRL know..). Wish me sticky vibes, Ill probably still be a big worry wart for a few more weeks!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 1:31:04 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
WOO HOO, Kay! Wishing you the best of luck.

How''s everyone else doing? Nothing new to report with me. I''m still working on getting a good handle on my cycle. Went off the pill in late December, and AF finally visited about 3 weeks ago. We''ll see what happens this time around. Anyway, we''re still looking at TTC around May-June.
Nothing new on my end. I''ve gotten a good handle on my cycle (knock on wood) and now we''re just waiting for the summer. I''ve definitely started preparing myself mentally. I feel like DH had always been prepared mentally - I guess it''s different for men when it''s not their body, etc. I still have the fear of "what if there''s something wrong with us" which is silly to worry about it when we haven''t even starting to TTC, but I can''t help it.
20.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Janine, I just wanted to congratulate you again over here! I'm soooooo excited and happy for you. It's totally normal to be nervous and cautious. I've only told my immediate family, my pricescope family and my friends on my May mommies board! We're just waiting to get through the next couple of weeks before telling everyone. And don't worry, nobody's feelings will be hurt that you didn't tell them right away. Most people get it!! Anyway, congrats again!! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 9:23:49 AM
Author: janinegirly
Hi Ladies,
I''ve decided it''s time for me to come clean and let you know I''m pregnant! I tried to hold it in for awhile, b/c well I''ve been very nervous...with this being #1, with me in hitting scary 35 number. I''m still nervous, but it''s been hard seeing everyone sharing their news as soon as they got their BFP''s while I''ve been holding it in. So I''m 10wks now, and the next 3 wks are still full of testing and the 1st trimester is a cautious one, but I feel a little more confident now.
emsmile.gif

I''m happy to answer anyone''s questions--it happened suprisingly quickly for us (DD is our 1st wedding anniversary) so I don''t have many tips, other than relax and know that it''s alot easier than you might be led to believe.
Can''t believe I''ve spilled the beans!! (so far only 3 ppl IRL know..). Wish me sticky vibes, Ill probably still be a big worry wart for a few more weeks!
OMG - Janinegirly!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What amazing news to start off my morning with! I''m soooooooo happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Sending lots of sticky vibes your way!!!
9.gif

Did you BD every other day or every day? I know you were asking that question a while back so, I''m curious as to what you decided.

Are you still going to be living in the city for a while or will this give you the kick in the butt you needed to move to NJ??

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Blushing! Thank you!!
Well you'll laugh at this, but we weren't "preventing" and I was charting my cycle since I was so worried that things would not happen for awhile--but the month it happened, DH said we should wait one more month before TTCing in full force because we still needed to find a house, still newly married,etc. I told him it doesn't happen that easily! So we actually AVOIDED bd'ing the days before O. I think we BD'd O-4 and O, which means there was a chance, but it was minimal if you go by what all the stats said. We got a BFP 2wks later, and I was shocked! But we were both happy, and sometimes it's fun having to plan as life happens rather than the other way around.

The house part is still daunting, but we're looking in a few weeks. However, we don't want to feel cornered or overly pressured--since it's a lot to accomplish--new house, commute, new baby, new furniture, adjusting to the 'burbs. So if we don't find the ideal house, we may rent for a while in the City as a transitiion phase (since our current apt is too small!). A house would be ideal (with nice short commute) but we want to have options in case we aren't feeling things after we look around. Next step is realtor I suppose.

Anyway, I'm excited for when you start officially TTC'ing in the summer--it'll be fine, trust me! I had a lot of worries too, but if you don't have a pre-existing fertility issue, then really, there's nothing to worry about and it'll happen before you know it!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 10:23:50 AM
Hi Blushing! Thank you!!
Well you''ll laugh at this, but we weren''t ''preventing'' and I was charting my cycle since I was so worried that things would not happen for awhile--but the month it happened, DH said we should wait one more month before TTCing in full force because we still needed to find a house, still newly married,etc. I told him it doesn''t happen that easily! So we actually AVOIDED bd''ing the days before O. I think we BD''d O-4 and O, which means there was a chance, but it was minimal if you go by what all the stats said. We got a BFP 2wks later, and I was shocked! But we were both happy, and sometimes it''s fun having to plan as life happens rather than the other way around.

The house part is still daunting, but we''re looking in a few weeks. However, we don''t want to feel cornered or overly pressured--since it''s a lot to accomplish--new house, commute, new baby, new furniture, adjusting to the ''burbs. So if we don''t find the ideal house, we may rent for a while in the City as a transitiion phase (since our current apt is too small!). A house would be ideal (with nice short commute) but we want to have options in case we aren''t feeling things after we look around. Next step is realtor I suppose.

Anyway, I''m excited for when you start officially TTC''ing in the summer--it''ll be fine, trust me! I had a lot of worries too, but if you don''t have a pre-existing fertility issue, then really, there''s nothing to worry about and it''ll happen before you know it!!
Wow, that''s too funny! It''s amazing how things work out right? Did you guys use a fertility monitor as well as charting? I haven''t done the charting thing yet - maybe next cycle.

I''ll be interested to hear if you guys find a house (I lurk in the preggos thread so, I''ll follow along with you there - wow, that sounded borderline stalkerish
2.gif
). Anyway, you''ll be fine too if you needed to stay in the city for a while - I know people who''ve made it work with a 1 bedroom. Once the "baby" is big enough for a bed, that''s when you start having problems.

I''m excited too.
5.gif
I don''t have any fertility issues, but you also have to wonder if DH is OK too. Ugh, there I go again. I need to just take your advice (and everyone else''s) to just relax, have fun and it will come when it''s supposed to!
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Janine, congrats!!! That is such great news, and what luck! I think I need to drink whatever you and Curlygirl have had, although I''m only 28, we''ve got egg-issues with my family.

Good news: I went to the doctor for a checkup and everything is good with me! This is a major relief, even though I didn''t really THINK anything was wrong!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Amber and that''s great that your doctor said you''re in the clear--that must be reassuring!

Blushing: I was charting using Fertility Friend--that''s a really helpful site. So I did that with the temping. I was lucky in that my cycle was very regular, but I only really had 3 months of charting between coming off BC and getting BFP. The last month of charting (January) I did buy an OPK (a CVS one, so nothing fancy!) and used that to confirm what I had identified through charting as my O-date. I was thinking of moving on to the Fertility Monitor in the next few months but never had to.

I know it''s hard not to worry with the unknowns (I''m a huge worrier!), but from my own experience and what I read on all the boards I''m on (when I really should be working) getting pg isn''t as hard as it may seem if you have no pre-existing issues. It''s not as easy as our DH''s may think but it still all happens all the time and all the info on the internet can make us worry too much. My DH is a few years older than me so I also wondered if all was ok on his end but of course he told me he had super swimmers (which again made me realize how clueless guys are about the technical stuff )..but then maybe he was right and I just was analyzing too much

1.gif

I would suggest the charting until you''re ready (summer''s not far now) and then picking up an OPK just to identify when O happens for you. Then you''ll be good to go!! Keep me posted on everything!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS, Janine! What great news. Here''s to a healthy and happy pregnancy.

I''m a bit past the scary 35 number, but am hopeful that all will go well once we TTC this summer (I''ll turn 37- yikes!). My mother had me at 38, and my younger brother at 41, so I''ve got that going for me!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Kay and Janine (again over here in TTC).

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All of you Ladies TTC and everyone else too! Just want to check back in and say hello- I was reading back a few of the posts and wanted to 2nd Tacori''s post that sometimes you do get pregnant on the first try...I am proof of that too. Unfortunately I had a m/c but am feeling ready to try again. As far as when to go off BC, I agree that you could let your body get used to being off the pill, but do use an alternate type of bc like condoms. Cause sometimes, it really is easy to get that BFP that you want. Congratulations to all of the people who are pregnant, and I look forward to hearing others good news soon!
emotion-19.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, someone tell me again where I go to find the list of intials used for this thread. I''m like a lost person...

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:59:52 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Okay, someone tell me again where I go to find the list of intials used for this thread. I''m like a lost person...
Nevermind, I just remembered it''s on page 4. :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 9:23:49 AM
Hi Ladies,
emsmile.gif

Congrats, Janine! This is #1 for me at age 36, so I know what you mean about being nervous. I''ve only told 2 people IRL (other than DH) and that''s only because we are supposed to be travelling with them this summer. Being able to talk about it "anonymously" on PS has made me feel less like I''m going to burst with the news IRL. I''m dying to tell our parents because they will be so excited (first grand child on both sides) but want to wait until after we can do amnio because they would be so disappointed if something goes wrong.

Sending sticky vibes your way.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
How far into pregnancy do some people opt for amnio?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
fisher, amnio can not be done until at least 15 weeks according to my doctor. I actually had mine at 19 weeks the last time because we did other tests first and one of them at 17 weeks left me feeling like I really wanted the amnio, even though I was pretty sure I was going to do it anyway since I was 35. This time, I already told my doctor I want to do it no matter what so we will be scheduling it for when I''m 15 weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results