shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

:appl: :appl: :appl: Yay Pupp, that's a loud and proud line!!!!

AFM-we are officially back on the TTC wagon which is crazy to me b/c I don't think that it's a possibility (we TTC for 2 years before our now 3 1/2 year old son joined our family through Ethiopian adoption last summer). We were going to start another adoption now, but DH really wants to TTC again. We're planning to adopt in a year or two regardless of the TTC outcome (i.e. we plan to adopt again whether or not we get pregnant, but he wants to experience bringing a child into our family through pregancy as well if that is possible, and we're not getting any younger ;)) :rolleyes: )

I am kind of scared b/c during the last TTC journey it felt so discouraging month after month and then at the end we learned that my FSH levels were high but I was also in a really stressful job situation and DH has a low libido neither of which helped.

DH has yet to do an SA and I am not getting an HSG until he does, b/c I had a similar test a few years ago and it was not a fun experience. :knockout:

Plus, my cycles are a mess right now, not sure why. I had a Dr appt this week, but it got rescheduled due to an emergency call for the Dr. So, we'll see what that holds.

We're definitely not going to pursue IVF as we'd prefer to invest that time and resources in an adoption, and I am on the fence re IUI (namely b/c my hormones already fluctuate widely and I think I'd beocme a raving lunatic on fertility meds)...we'll see how I feel about it in 6 months.

I ordered Fertile Aid for women, Fertile Aid for men, and Fertilitea and we started them today...so, here goes. I guess I am back in the TTC pool! Dh is excited, but I'm still working out how I feel about it :twirl: :-o

I probably won't be posting much as I want to keep this as low-key as possible. But I lurk a lot and am so happy for you who have shorter TTC journeys!!!! (and just a shout-out for adoption, I can't imagine my life without my son. He is an amazing gift and we are so privileged to be his parents. Toddler and older child adoption is not without challenges, but it is also the most incredible experience of my life! Truly, I wouldn't trade my son for a million positive outcomes in our previous TTC journey.)

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Pupp, that is definately a second line, it is about the same colour as mine was on 10dpo, so never too early! Congrats and how wonderful to be able to tell your DH on father's day. Come and join us over on the JBP thread, we need some more new faces as everyone else seems to be graduating.

Tammy, where were the pinches you felt? I had pinches at 5-7 dpo and got a BFP on 8dpo, so anything is possible. I thought I had felt pinches in other cycles but they were always on a side and were higher, almost near my belly button. This time they were very very low and quite centred. The best of luck to you.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll be back later in the day but just wanted to share that I POAS this morning and it's definitely darker. I'll be telling DH later. I really hope this bean sticks.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

pupp 12 dpo bfp.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Pupp wait a minute. What?! Congratulations! That's wonderful! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and sticky bean!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations, Pupp!!!! How exciting!!!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy!!! :appl: :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock

Yippy!!! Congrats pupp!! :appl:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies!

I am posting from an app on my iPad so I can't go back and re-read posts to reply individually to everyone so I will post to just a few.

Pupp!!! If I could use emoticons on this app I would be doing a million of the little clappy guy!!! YAY!!!!!!! (I also can't hold down the exclamation sign key so there would be more of those too!). I hope you and DH have a great day and you have fun telling him the news! Hope that lil guy sticks!

Meresal- I agree with starting OPKs around CD10 JIC. Also, BBTs are usually slower because they are more accurate. Mine takes For-eh-Verr (sandlot reference) but I've had faster ones in the past that gave me all sorts of crazy readings . I personally would rather have the accuracy.

Bella- welcome back! And yay for adoption too! DH and I would love to adopt, we just can't afford it. I'm sure we will one day though.

Sorry people that I missed... I really wish I could look back but I'm afraid of losing what I've typed so far.

AFM, It looks like I've had my first evap line. I tested this morning at 7DPO even though it's early in the slim case that I could show DH a BFP for Father's day (oh who am I kidding? I've been testing since 5DPO! Haha!). I see a glimmer of a line but it is too faint to see any color. It did show up at 2 minutes, but what makes me think it is an evap line is that I can see it better IRL, than in photos, and it seems most early positives are the opposite (pupp said hers was too). I have also tried photo editing and it doesn't make it any more visible. Anyway, trying to make sure I don't get my hopes up but holding out some hope because it is so early.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh here's a pic. Sorry if it is huge I don't know how to shrink it on my iPad.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Well nevermind... The app won't let me upload it... I'll try with my phone...

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Trying again...

IMAG1903.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Update: I couldn't help myself and tested again with 2nd morning urine and the line is more visible and pinker! Still not showing up well on pics from my phone, but I'm going to count this as a very faint early positive! I showed DH because he walked into the bathroom and I left the evidence out. We are going to wait a few days and use a digital to confirm. I'm kinda nervous because it is so early and could end up a chemical. I'm also nervous that I ovulated so late. But even if this doesn't pan out I'm glad that we at least got to implantation on a crappy cycle.

edited to fix the picture.

IMAG1916.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Mia!! I don't think it looks like an evap line. Looks like we have some more converts to JBP. Keep them coming ladies!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

MIAAAAA!!!!!!! congrats lovely. That is definately a line and at 7dpo you have an early implanter. Everything I have read says that early implanters have a much better success rate so focus on that rather than egg quality because of late o. Come join us on jbp!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

LINE! I SEE A LIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!! Congrats, Mia!

Sticky, sticky, sticky dust to you! The stickiest dust in the world!!!!

ETA:

PUPP! I SEE TWO LINES! ON TWO TESTS!!!!!!

So excited for you, ladies!!!!

(Sorry for all the exclamation marks. Call me Walt Whitman.)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Huge congrats to pupp & Mia!!! And just in time for father's day! Hope you both had a wonderful celebration. Sending lots of sticky dust your way. :appl:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations Ladies!!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Last night...

2012-06-18_06-56-17_590.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This morning...

2012-06-18_06-57-02_83.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

What gives!?...
So I decided to use my last test last night not really thinking I'd get a positive, and low and behold I get a faint positive. So I got really excited and ran out to get another test for this morning and Nada! So was it a false positive or am I seeing things
!?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Rissa- Since they are different brands, maybe they have different sensitivities? How many DPO are you? Good luck!

Well I am freaking out a little. My temp dropped significantly this morning. This is even a big drop for AF. So I think this is going to be a chemical pregnancy. I retemped and I think the temp is accurate. Here is my chart. I guess I really won't know for sure until Friday when AF is due... :(

chart temp drop.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats ladies!! :appl:

Mia, hang in there, temps can do wacky things when you're pregnant.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Drive by to say :wavey: to Mia and Rissa. I hope we all have sticky beans and get to share this experience!

Rissa, I'm with Mia on the different brands having different sensitivities so I would try again in the morning. I''m not sure what DPO you are but you may be able to do a mid-day test with a long hold.

Mia, I've only been temping post-O (my attempt at being relaxed :bigsmile: ) and here are my recent temps. My coverline is usually around 97.6.

9dpo - 98.20
10dpo - 97.90 (day of BFP)
11dpo - 98.20
12dpo - 98.45
13dpo - 98.17

My point is that I've heard that temps fluctuate a lot in early pregnancy so don't sweat it. Easier said than done, I know!

Sha

Ideal_Rock

Congrats pupp! mia - hope your temp rebounds...fingers crossed!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Mia, I hope your temp comes back up!

Rissa, how annoying is that. Agree with the others, to test again in the morning.

AFM, I am CD10, and FF is telling me I was fertile yesterday, even though my OPK didn't even have 2 lines... that how not close I am to O. This stuff is so confusing.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Meresal- Did you have anything to drink the night before your temp rise? When I was tracking last year I found that alcohol (even just a glass of wine) really made my temps rise and FF would give me false cross-hairs as a result. I remember getting cross-hairs like 4-5 days before I would see anything on the OPKs.

ETA: Big congrats to the recent BFPs! I really only lurk around here and am rooting you all on. Mia, I hope that the temps are just doing something wonky and that you've got a sticky bean in there!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek, yes a couple of beers. I have been wondering about that. However, this is saying I am fertile due to my cervical fluid... all of the other categories say "probably not fertile". Seems weird, as the last two months, FFhas been very stingy about even wanting to give me the benefit of the doubt that I even O'd at all.
BTW... are you and your hubby expecting? I haven't been around here!

When FF said I was fertile again today, I took another OPK, and it had a faint line (which took almost all afternoon to show), so looks like I am going to O sometime later this week, if it continues to progress.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I am just going to remain positive just like I did when I ovulated way late. I have been feeling kind of crampy on and off all day, but no spotting and I took the tests below this morning. My [obsessive] google research has told me that a lot of women have several BFPs before a chemical so more positives doesn't really mean anything, but I also wonder if my temp would really be dropping that much if hormones are increasing enough to make the test darker. Okay I need to stop analyzing, but this is really a dramatic drop!

I also called my doc, just for the regular 1st appointment but because my LMP is way back in April, they had me come in and get my HCG and Progesterone tested and I will have an ultrasound Wednesday to date the pregnancy. So my super long cycle means I will get a little extra early monitoring, which has put my mind at ease some.

Anyway thanks again for all the dust and well wishes! I just need to make it to Friday and then I will toss my thermometer! I find out about the HCG test tomorrow and I'll let you know what she says. The ultrasound will be fun because they won't see anything! I am positive that I am only 8DPO today and will only be 10DPO then!

IMAG1922.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Temp went back up to 97.97 this morning (was 97.66 yesterday), so I'm feeling much better. I think I am going to stop temping if yesterday's bloodwork comes out okay!

Rissa- Did you test again this morning?

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Morning everyone! :)

Hang in there Meresal, I haven't done an O test before, but I'm sure everything will work out :)

Congrats Puppmom! Sooo exciting :)

Mia, that's so awesome to see your Home Tests getting darker and darker and the digital was even more great to see, so happy for you I wouldn't worry too much about the temps. :appl:

So I did take another test this morning and one midday yesterday and they both had a very faint line, less visible than the first test I posted which was the most distinct so far. I took pictures to post of the other two but the lines are too faint to see in the picture. I'm going to get a digital today and I'll take another one tomorrow to get a clearer answer before I'm ready to call my doctor about a still absent AF. I also on both tests wasn't able to hold my stream for the full instructed time so I'll try dipping with the digital.

I'm just scared to get my hopes up. Hubby took the trash out last night and saw the distinct plus sign test and got so excited. It was really hard explaining that one positive test doesn't mean that we're %100 successful, (chemical pregnancy).

I guess I'll ask for people to wish me luck and we'll see what tomorrow holds :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results