carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Bella,

OMG, I am sooo excited for you. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am sorry this is so late, but a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Bella I am so happy for you!!! I remember your journey with me when I was TTC my son 3 years ago. This is wonderful news :) :) :)!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much LtlFirecracker and Allie! We are thrilled and terrified that something will go wrong. My first appt is next week and I will be glad to be past that hurdle!

Allie :) I was thinking about you the other day and all our "going for the gold" talk. Charlie must be so big now!!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
The practice that I delivered Charlie with, would not see you until 10 weeks along. I actually switched practices this time around and they saw me as soon as I got my + pregnancy test and that has been reassuring. I had an early miscarriage and 2 chemical pregnancies in the last 12 months so I could not see myself not seeing someone for 10 weeks. Charlie is almost 3 years old, he will be 3 in October and the new baby is due in November. I will be thinking of you Bella and the little bean in your belly :).

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Look at this huge boy!

1000425_10101349978603942_613174909_n.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, yes, I can imagine that your IVF cycle feels very high stakes since it I has always been your so-called "last straw." I wish there was more I could say to ease your mind, but I will be following closely and sending all sorts of thoughts and prayers your way that it works for you (or even better that this current cycle works for you). Hoping you get good news about your mom soon too.

To answer your question I'm in the old 2WW right along with you. I think I'm around 9 or 10 DPO, but I think I ovulated super early and it has just been a weird cycle, so I'm not holding out too much hope. I'll send all my baby dust your way instead!

Allie, congrats on number 2!

Firecracker, I'm SO happy for you! I saw on another thread that you're expecting a boy and girl, and even better, that they both look healthy. Hoping you are able to take it easy and have a smooth rest of your pregnancy!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update on my mom. Her path report came back & there was minimal cancer found & it was all localized to the uterus. Her lymph nodes were completely clear. So all cancer has been removed. She goes in for a few follow up appointments but will not need chemo or radiation treatment. This is such a relief. Thanks to everyone who kept her in their thoughts & prayers.

More later...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bright, I am so happy to hear this!!!!!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, there are few of us in our 2ww! I'm 8dpiui. I tested out the trigger quite early (negative on Tuesday, and again on Friday). Fingers crossed for everyone!

And Bright, I'm so, so happy to hear about your mom. What a big relief.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Bright - I am so happy to hear that things went as well as they can for you mother. I hope the rest of the treatment goes smoothly

Bella - I am sure you are so excited about your apt next week

MP - good luck with your TTW. I am hoping things come easier for you this go around. And thanks for the congrats! We are very excited.

parrot tulips - I am wishing you luck with this IUI and sending sticky dust to you!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, great news about your mom!

Parrot, I've got everything crossed for you!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like AF arrived nice and early. Not sure whether to give it one more try, or to call it quits. Didn't post this earlier, but I had 3 faint positive Wondfo tests in a row a few days ago, but all subsequent tests were negative. Not sure if it was a bad batch of tests, or...? We have a beautiful daughter, and she has/will have cousins who live close by (10-15 minute drive). While my DH is supportive of whatever I'd like to do, I know he really wants one more child. I guess we'll discuss our options later tonight.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Parrot, I am so sorry that AF arrived! and for the confusion of 3 faint positive wondfos!

I hope that you and DH have a really good conversation tonight to determine next steps.

Ava is so precious, but you've had quite a heartwrenching road to parenthood and I imagine that either path forward seems scary.

Praying for clarity and consensus for you and your DH!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Parrot, so sorry to hear you think AF arrived. It's especially frustrating when you were hopeful based on the tests. Any chance those positives you had were still picking up the trigger? You are only 9dpiui today, right? It would have been super early to have a positive test a few days ago, but I guess it is possible. Also, are you sure AF arrived and you're not just spotting a bit? Not trying to give you false hope or anything. Wishing you all the best whether you decide to go through more rounds of fertility treatment or not. Sigh, fertility issues are so frustrating and unfair.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
MP - I had tested out the trigger quite early (waited for several days of negatives). My rational mind knows it was ridiculously early for those faint positives to be anything (but those darn internet cheapies make testing too often overly tempting), and I've had a lot of issues with Wondfo's and evaporate lines, so I didn't take them all that seriously. But a small part of me hoped that maybe it was twins (we had 7 mature follicles and were willing to risk multiples). :roll: And I'm fairly certain that this is AF, but not positive.

Bella - Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words.

I think our family is perfect as is. I've never longed for a huge family. It's the trying for something and failing at it that bugs me most. But my husband always wanted more than one child. And having lost Ava's twin late term, a part of him feels she was supposed to have a sibling, and the idea she won't have one makes his heart ache just a bit. And that's why it's so hard to decide when enough's enough. This all sounds so dramatic somehow, but honestly, I think once we accept whatever life throws our way, we'll be perfectly happy and won't look back.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
PT, I'm so, so sorry. AF showing up after the 3 faint wondfos must have been awful. My first thought was also that maybe it was too close to the trigger, but it sounds like you were getting negatives before you got the three faint positives. It must be so difficult deciding if/when this cycle should be your last trying, but I'm so glad you have Ava and that you can appreciate how wonderful she is. Thinking about you a lot and wishing you tons of luck deciding next steps.

ETA: oops, posting at the same time. It sounds like you have a really healthy perspective and I envy your ability to stay so level-headed even in the middle of all of this frustration.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PT, hugs to you my dear. A is a joy and I can see how you find the repeated BFNs discouraging and hard to take. Sounds like you and your DH will have a discussion about what to do next? I remember from the TTC thread that a one of the ladies had success with IVF. It's not for everyone, but there are options out there. And like you said Sweet A has cousins to grow up with, so she'll never been alone in your beautiful family. Hugs that your family will find a resolution everyone can be happy with.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
PT-just one other thought (and only b/c it was such a wonderful journey for our family--I totally understand that it is not for everyone)...if together you and DH agree that you would like another child and don't want to pursue IVF, adoption is another wonderful alternative.

There are many paths (and I am more than happy to discuss pros and cons of different adoption scenarios in a different thread :cheeky: ) but especially if you are open to a boy, the China special needs program (many needs are very minor, even some as minor as a birth mark!) can be a relatively straightforward journey where your child can be home in about a year from start to finish...

Again, best wishes and lots of prayers for this frustrating path of fertility challenges and family planning decisions!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
parrot tulips|1371570720|3468063 said:
MP - I had tested out the trigger quite early (waited for several days of negatives). My rational mind knows it was ridiculously early for those faint positives to be anything (but those darn internet cheapies make testing too often overly tempting), and I've had a lot of issues with Wondfo's and evaporate lines, so I didn't take them all that seriously. But a small part of me hoped that maybe it was twins (we had 7 mature follicles and were willing to risk multiples). :roll: And I'm fairly certain that this is AF, but not positive.

Bella - Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words.

I think our family is perfect as is. I've never longed for a huge family. It's the trying for something and failing at it that bugs me most. But my husband always wanted more than one child. And having lost Ava's twin late term, a part of him feels she was supposed to have a sibling, and the idea she won't have one makes his heart ache just a bit. And that's why it's so hard to decide when enough's enough. This all sounds so dramatic somehow, but honestly, I think once we accept whatever life throws our way, we'll be perfectly happy and won't look back.

All the research says the highlighted is 100% true :)) Keep that in your mind and hopefully it will allow you to make your decision with less anguish. My thoughts are with you.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
PT, you seem to have a really healthy attitude about all of this, and I hope you and your husband can both feel peace in whatever decision you make. My DH and I are the opposite of you guys. DH is very zen about it. He wants to have another one, but he would also be perfectly happy with just Ev. I strongly feel like our family is not complete and will not be complete with just one child. But I also feel a little greedy and annoyed with myself about how consumed I already am with having another baby. Can I ask you a question? When you started fertility treatments the second time around, did they have you go through all the blood testing and hsg, etc. again? I'm so not looking forward to all of that, but I'm trying to decide when to go back to the NP who helped us conceive last time.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
MP - Yes, we did have to go through all the blood testing, get DH's swimmers checked out, etc. They did skip the HSG, though, since it was a non-issue last time. The doc said everything looked great. In fact, my reproductive system almost looked "younger" than it did 3 years ago. Go figure. :roll:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PT, I figured they would probably want us to do all of te testing again, which makes me think I will make an appointment with the NP sooner rather than later. My OB/GYN was great during the pregnancy, but useless when I was TTC, so I think I'll skip dealing with her all together this time. Interesting what your doctor said about your reproductive system. I have read that a pregnancy can "cure" certain fertility issues, but I'm sorry it hasn't been any easier this time around.

Bright, still thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle, and if necessary, the next one.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
PT, I'm so sorry that AF arrived (& early & after a few positive tests to boot!) Big hugs to you. The trying & failing is just so difficult. I'm also so sorry to hear of the late loss of Ava's twin. How heartbreaking. I can understand the feeling of wanting to have another sibling for her.
Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers as you & your dh decide how to move forward.

Ltl, huge congrats to you on your healthy boy & girl! How perfect!

MP, keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle. I hope you don't need to get assistance with #2, but at least you know who to talk to & what to expect if you go that route. (And that it's worked for you once before!) That said, the emotional aspect of beginning this process again must be difficult. Hugs.

SB, your hubby sounds like a gem! Mine has also been sweet & consistent in reassuring me that we'll have a great live with or without kids. I've always believed this to be true as well (though I've always really thought the kid thing would work out eventually. I'm feeling much less certain now.)

I hope you're enjoying your company & looking forward to the upcoming travel so you can approach your next ttc cycle refreshed & relaxed.

Afm, cd 1 today (after only a 9 day LP, which is shorter than usual for me.) We just got back from our trip last night & I am surprised & disappointed by my welcome home. We see the doc on Monday & I guess we're going to have another go at IVF.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, ugh, sorry about AF starting early. It's always such a slap in the face when you are hopeful and it comes unexpectedly early. But I'm glad that you will hopefully get another shot at IVF this cycle. Sendings thoughts and prayers that your lining is better this cycle and you can finally go forward. Really hoping this is finally it for you. It is way past your turn!

And yes, it's daunting thinking of having to go through the testing, monitoring and invasive exams again. But you are so right that I at least have the comfort of knowing that an IUI worked last time, if it comes to that. And we have Everett to keep our spirits up. I so hope you get to experience that soon. I have no idea where I'm at right now because AF did not show up when I expected it to, and I tested BFN this weekend, so I assume that means I ovulated late or not at all and probably didn't time BD correctly. Our plan is to make an appointment with the NP in August to start the testing process.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MP. My lining was actually good last time, but not enough eggs showed up to the party. I hope I have a better response this time.

I think you have a good plan to move forward. Would you try a few rounds of clomid or skip straight to another IUI? I'm hoping you're incorrect about why your AF hasn't arrived yet. :wink2:

Hi to everyone else.

Afm, here we go again. I had my cd3 appointment today & start stimming tonight. Apparently my antral follicle count is at 9 now (almost all on my right ovary). My doc said it looked better than last time. My best count through this process has been 12, so I guess it's worth a shot now. I still wish we had more going on there, though. (Wake up, leftie!!)
This is likely our last shot. Please send lots of dust our way!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
bright-I am sending tons of dust your way and really hope that this is it for you!!!!!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, bright! FWIW, I had three afc total on our successful iui on my connected ovary. So nine sounds fantastic! Tons and tons of hope, prayers and positive thoughts for you my dear. I know it's scary, but have faith. This tread is full of miracles!!! :halo:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Oops Bright, for some reason I thought the lining was the issue, but perhaps that was a couple cycles ago??? I don't know anything about what the normal follicle count would be at this point, but I really hope that yours is adequate. What do they normally want to see? Anyway, you can count on my thoughts and prayers this cycle. Really hoping it produces some nice and healthy little embryos and your future baby.

Oh, and too answer your question, I don't think we'll jump right to an IUI. I'd like to try a cycle of clomid/trigger/progesterone to see if that would be enough. Last time around,I did two rounds of clomid before trying the IUI, but the IUI cycle was the first time we added the trigger and progesterone. But if that doesn't work, then I definitely will try another IUI, and hopefully that will take again.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Bright, sending boatload of thoughts and prayers your way! I really hope this is it for you!!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Bright, hoping and praying this is your cycle! I think IVF will give you a much greater chance of success so I'm very optimistic for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results