The Cupcake Thread!

Share about family life. From before birth and beyond.

• 2575 posts • Page 60 of 861, 2, 3, ..., 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, ..., 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, ..., 65, 70, 75, 80, ..., 83, 84, 85, 86

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Post by icekid » June 6th, 2009, 1:44 am
Date: 6/6/2009 7:32:16 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Well, I had another go at the Magnolia recipe, but did a few things differently. This time I didn''t beat the flour in, I folded it in by hand and then gave it a quick whip at the end to make sure everything was incorporated. I had them in the oven for about 3 minutes less this time, I watched them closely towards the end. Also, I used buttermilk instead of regular milk. And they are to DIE for! This is exactly how I imagined them to be last time. They are rich, moist, buttery and dense. Yummy!!

Thankyou for your suggestions, everyone! I''ve learned heaps from all this Image

ahhhh... your description is making me want to make some cuppies. yum...

I still haven''t gotten the choco raspberry cuppie photos off my camera Image working on it!

vip- gorgeous!

Post by neatfreak » June 6th, 2009, 3:13 am
Date: 6/6/2009 7:32:16 AM
Well, I had another go at the Magnolia recipe, but did a few things differently. This time I didn't beat the flour in, I folded it in by hand and then gave it a quick whip at the end to make sure everything was incorporated. I had them in the oven for about 3 minutes less this time, I watched them closely towards the end. Also, I used buttermilk instead of regular milk. And they are to DIE for! This is exactly how I imagined them to be last time. They are rich, moist, buttery and dense. Yummy!!

Thankyou for your suggestions, everyone! I've learned heaps from all this Image

Oh good I am glad you enjoyed them! I really love that recipe but it really does take a bit of finesse to make correctly. I have made a few batches that I wasn't watching and they just weren't great. But when made right-YUM!

I'll have to try the buttermilk too...I usually like buttermilk in recipes!

Post by DandiAndi » June 6th, 2009, 3:14 am
Date: 6/6/2009 7:44:41 AM
Author: icekid

ahhhh... your description is making me want to make some cuppies. yum...

I still haven''t gotten the choco raspberry cuppie photos off my camera Image working on it!

vip- gorgeous!

Hehehe, well there''s only one remedy for that!

I''m dying to see your cuppies icekid!

Post by DandiAndi » June 6th, 2009, 3:16 am
Date: 6/6/2009 9:13:48 AM
Author: neatfreak

Oh good I am glad you enjoyed them! I really love that recipe but it really does take a bit of finesse to make correctly. I have made a few batches that I wasn''t watching and they just weren''t great. But when made right-YUM!

I''ll have to try the buttermilk too...I usually like buttermilk in recipes!

I was so dejected when they didn''t work out the first time, I''d read your response to them neatfreak and a few others on cupcake blogs. I really wanted to love them like so many others did! Me likey now Image

Post by sunkist » June 6th, 2009, 9:50 am
Wow, I never looked at this thread before but you ladies are creative! I wanted to share a pic of some capcakes my sister made for Groundhog''s Day! Image directions are from here http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/family/cake/cake_grndhog_0203/
Attachments
100_1512.jpg
100_1512.jpg (24.52 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by DandiAndi » June 7th, 2009, 10:26 pm
Sunkist they are too cute!!! Plus they look seriously delish! Image

Here are the ones I made for the weekend. The quintessential cupcake - chocolate and vanilla with a cherry on top! And a cherry dipped in Lindt 70% cocoa, no less Image
Attachments
CuppiesForRachel 003.jpg
CuppiesForRachel 003.jpg (60.08 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by DandiAndi » June 7th, 2009, 10:28 pm
Vanilla strawberry... man, those strawberries were humungo, they dominated my poor lil'' cuppies!! Yum though, plump, sweet and shiny.

Berries around here are absolutely fantastic right now. Those cherries were to die for!!
Attachments
CuppiesForRachel 005.jpg
CuppiesForRachel 005.jpg (60.3 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by Jas12 » June 8th, 2009, 7:00 am
Dandi--droooooling  Image

Post by lili » June 8th, 2009, 8:00 am
Dandi--
Yum Image
Those chocolate vanilla cupcakes w/ cherry topping look delish and pretty.

Post by NYCsparkle » June 8th, 2009, 8:28 am
those cupcakes with the lindt dipped cherries are making me drool...gorgeous!!!

Post by dixie94 » June 8th, 2009, 4:18 pm
Mara, thank you so much for writing out all of that information! I found it very helpful and am still going back to re-read. Thanks for adding milk/buttermilk/sour cream. I''ve actually been thinking about trying to modify some recipes. I''m not thrilled with my vanilla and would like to add some moisture so I thought about adding some sour cream. I recently turned a cake recipe into a cupcake recipe. The recipe called for basic chocolate cake mix with sour cream and a couple other ingredients. I put in about 1/2 the sour cream and think it came out perfect.
Any idea how much sour cream to add to a general recipe?
The Mango cupcakes sounds great! Since we have a lot of mangos where I am, I''ve been meaning to try this.

Vip, your cupcakes look great!!

Here''s my most recent: Double Chocolate Chip cupcakes with a Chocolate Glaze

Attachments
chocsml.JPG
chocsml.JPG (54.9 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by dixie94 » June 8th, 2009, 4:21 pm
DandiAndi, your cupcakes look very tasty! The cherry is so pretty on top with the chocolate!

Do you put fresh strawberries in your frosting? I have a hard time w/Strawberry frosting b/c it never holds well. In fact, any frosting with fruit does not hold for me. Anyone have any tips?

Sunkist, those cupcakes are cute! I love the various ways to decorate cupcakes.

Post by puffy » June 8th, 2009, 6:15 pm
dandi YUMMY!!! your cuppies look gorgeous. i wish i could take a bite out of the vanilla/strawberry!! YUMMY!

Post by DandiAndi » June 9th, 2009, 1:38 am
Thankyou for the lovely comments, all! All 2 dozen cupcakes were gone in minutes, which is a huge compliment Image My friend''s 3 year old ate four... well when I say ate... he ate most and smooshed the rest all over his sister Image

dixie, I found that putting fresh berries in the cream cheese frosting made it too runny. I use a tiny bit of strawberry flavouring which also gives it a pink tinge, and a couple of spoonfuls of really good strawberry jam, with lots of seeds in it, because I love the speckley look!

Post by icekid » June 10th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Dandi- your cupcakes look absolutely wonderful!

And finally... photos of the cupcakes that resulted in my being called Martha Stewart at work Image (I took it as a compliment hehe)

Chocolate cupcakes w/ choco/raspberry frosting. I don''t know why they look wet! But still working on the piping skills. I wish I could bake more for practice.

Attachments
hthsetget.jpg
hthsetget.jpg (46.32 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by icekid » June 10th, 2009, 12:29 pm
And these are just choco/choco... some with sparkles, some w/ "superstars" for my buddy''s birthday Image

Attachments
rhehgser.jpg
rhehgser.jpg (45.25 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by Linda W » June 10th, 2009, 12:32 pm
Icekid, your cupcakes look delicious ImageImageImage I especially love those raspberry ones. I would love to reach through my computer screen right now, and take a bite. Image Great job on all of them.

"Life is what happens to you, while you are busy making other plans". John Lennon

Post by Skippy » June 10th, 2009, 12:40 pm
OH MY GOSH all these cupcakes look so BEEEEEEEEAUTIFULImageImageImageImageImage
Skippy

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

"The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life are the will to try it, and the faith to believe it's possible" Rich Devos

Post by Tacori E-ring » June 10th, 2009, 2:56 pm
All of your cupcakes are AMAZING! I wish I could try them all. Question though...do most of you frost while they are still in the pan? Or just take pictures like that?
Expectations are nothing but premeditated resentments.

Happiness is an inside job.

Post by DandiAndi » June 11th, 2009, 3:00 am
Yeeeahhhh!! icekid they look DIVINE!! ImageImageImage I almost licked the screen when your choc rasberry ones popped up!!

Tacori, the pans in my pics are part of my carrier. I cook them in the pan, and then remove them so they can cool properly, then pop them back in the pan to frost them. It''s easier that way, rather than trying to duck-shove them around once they''re iced and a bit harder to handle. The lid then clicks onto the top of the pan and voila, I''m off! Image 

Post by mochi » June 12th, 2009, 5:01 am
I''m so loving the pictures of these cupcakes..they look so yummy!!!

Post by icekid » June 12th, 2009, 4:03 pm
Thanks, ladies. I heard they were really tasty... but can you believe I did not eat one?!?! I am just not a chocolate girl (the horror!)

Post by DandiAndi » June 13th, 2009, 8:58 pm
I'm gonna be reeeeal naughty and sneak in a non-cupcake pic *gasp*

I made eclairs yesterday, mmmmmmmm. Half with vanilla bean cream, half with strawberry cream, all dipped in Cadbury chocolate. Yummy tummy! DH ate about 5 in one go Image

Excuse the fingerprints on the chocolate!! Image
Attachments
Eclairs 001.jpg
Eclairs 001.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by DandiAndi » June 13th, 2009, 9:00 pm
OK... two non-cupcake pics Image

You can just see the pink cream poking out! Next time I think I''ll do custard. Does any lovely person have a fantastic custard recipe they''d be willing to share? I''ve never made it before.
Attachments
Eclairs 002.jpg
Eclairs 002.jpg (55.44 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Post by icekid » June 14th, 2009, 3:10 am
Date: 6/14/2009 2:58:50 AM
I made eclairs yesterday, mmmmmmmm. Half with vanilla bean cream, half with strawberry cream, all dipped in Cadbury chocolate. Yummy tummy! DH ate about 5 in one go Image
]

oh my... I think I gained a pound from LOOKING at that eclair! It looks soooooo good.

Post by Tacori E-ring » June 14th, 2009, 8:15 am
I LOVE eclairs! I want one of yours now. They look amazing.
Expectations are nothing but premeditated resentments.

Happiness is an inside job.

Post by DandiAndi » June 15th, 2009, 3:41 am
Hehe, thanks ladies. I was intimidated by the whole puff thing, but these were so easy!

Post by mochi » June 15th, 2009, 5:18 am
Date: 6/14/2009 3:00:05 AM
OK... two non-cupcake pics Image

You can just see the pink cream poking out! Next time I think I''ll do custard. Does any lovely person have a fantastic custard recipe they''d be willing to share? I''ve never made it before.

OMG! I wanted to just lick my computer screen!

Post by Skippy » June 15th, 2009, 5:41 am
Date: 6/14/2009 2:58:50 AM
I''m gonna be reeeeal naughty and sneak in a non-cupcake pic *gasp*

I made eclairs yesterday, mmmmmmmm. Half with vanilla bean cream, half with strawberry cream, all dipped in Cadbury chocolate. Yummy tummy! DH ate about 5 in one go Image

Excuse the fingerprints on the chocolate!! Image
OH YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!  Those looks so goodImageImage
Skippy

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

"The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life are the will to try it, and the faith to believe it's possible" Rich Devos

Post by InLuv101 » June 15th, 2009, 5:43 am
Date: 6/15/2009 9:41:09 AM
Hehe, thanks ladies. I was intimidated by the whole puff thing, but these were so easy!
Would you mind sharing the recipe?  It seems intimidating to me too, but I''d love to give it a try.  I have no clue where to start though.

BTW...your latest cupcakes are fantastic!  I just wanted to gobble up those chocolate dipped cherries!

Icekid -- Yay for your pics!  They look so scrumptious!!

Dixie -- Your cuppies look yummy as always!

2575 posts • Page 60 of 861, 2, 3, ..., 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, ..., 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, ..., 65, 70, 75, 80, ..., 83, 84, 85, 86

« Return to Family, Home & Health