shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor pictures and owner pictures of PS stones

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Both are what I was expecting based on the vendor pics. This was my first time ordering from Litnon and I would purchase from them again. Even though it wasn't a very expensive stone, they packaged it extremely well.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ExportGems on eBay. Their pic of a "pinkish red" tourmaline and my picture. It was only $71 so not worth returning but damn that's some fine photoshopping.

_6518.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1369081536|3450660 said:
ExportGems on eBay. Their pic of a "pinkish red" tourmaline and my picture. It was only $71 so not worth returning but damn that's some fine photoshopping.

LOL!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AW,
Definitely unexpected to see something so red end up so purple IRL. Yes, for $71, not worth the shipping cost to send it back.

Aleksia1987

Rough_Rock
Here is the beautiful picture of the Gemrite sapphire we bought for my engagement ring. 2 of the photos are from the vendor and the other photo is one I took. I am learning to take photos of my stones I just don't know how they do it so well! :tongue: lol I really love it and the color is just great.

sap1a.jpg

sap2a.jpg

engagementring.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire ring and congratulations! That tanzanite pendant is striking as well. I would gladly take either piece! :bigsmile:

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is gorgeous

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
bmgdesign|1371946672|3470705 said:
3.9ct 10mm strong vB Port Cut round Tanzanite. One of the best Port cuts I have ever seen! Just amazing brilliance and symmetry! And the color was truly top notch. The stone was set for less than a day before it sold!

Vendor pic on top; my shot after I created the custom 18k w/g & diamond halo setting for it.

So the vendors pix weren't bad, however, this gem was way, way better in person!

Who is the vendor? Also, are you really part of the trade?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1375643432|3496488 said:
Who is the vendor? Also, are you really part of the trade?

Bmgdesign is a jewellery designer so that puts her in the trade camp. Her website is Blue Mountain Gems.

Divad

Rough_Rock
Here's a 6.5mm round, 1.25 ct., Nigerian Spessartite from Dana/Mastercutgems.com. The ring is a criss-cross design in silver by Laurie Sarah. We're very happy with the stone and how the ring turned out. In person, the stone is actually like all three pics, depending on the light.

First, two vendor pics, then ours:

_8715.jpg

fireball-top2.jpg

spessartite3.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divad|1376238412|3500770 said:
Here's a 6.5mm round, 1.25 ct., Nigerian Spessartite from Dana/Mastercutgems.com. The ring is a criss-cross design in silver by Laurie Sarah. We're very happy with the stone and how the ring turned out. In person, the stone is actually like all three pics, depending on the light.

First, two vendor pics, then ours:

Hand shots, by any chance? :bigsmile: :naughty:

Also, I'm curious what rough is in your avatar - pray tell?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divad|1378431672|3515402 said:
Oh good point! We don't have a hand shot of the spessartite ring yet... gotta set up the photo stuff, but we'll get one.

The rough in the avatar is a Montana sapphire we got from Steve/Westview Gems. It was cut by Peter Torraca into the stone below: 6.8 X 6.8 X 4.7 mm, 1.56 cts. The design is Electron Brillian by Fred Van Sant.

As cool as these pics are, the goldfish sapphire, as we call it, is even better in person. The orange part is mostly in the culet, so it reflects everywhere and fills most of the face. As you move the stone around, the orange and blue shift like crazy. So dreamy! We need to take pics of this one too, so for now we just have vendor pics.

I believe I know this stone well, as, if its the same one, I've ogled it many times on Steve's site. But it is even more beautiful and unusual than I thought! And the rough looks completely different than I thought it would. Stunning!

FinewaterGems

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Divad,

It's an awesome sapphire - I had seen it myself when visiting Steve last year. But Steve should get the cutting credit - he's not a member here but just confirmed to me that it was one of his.

Best regards,
Gary

Divad

Rough_Rock
Ack, I'm mortified. Thank you for clearing that up, Gary. I clearly misunderstood the description of the stone. Humble apologies to Steve! He did an amazing job and deserves all due credit. I've asked the mods to delete that post so I can replace it with one that's correct.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peter Ts chrysoberyl

uploadfromtaptalk1379956432430.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379956449589.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379956472852.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Chrysoberyl GLOWS!!! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Divad|1378741804|3517259 said:
Ack, I'm mortified. Thank you for clearing that up, Gary. I clearly misunderstood the description of the stone. Humble apologies to Steve! He did an amazing job and deserves all due credit. I've asked the mods to delete that post so I can replace it with one that's correct.

Who's Steve? If there's an untapped cutter out there, we want that name! :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1382141697|3540392 said:
Divad|1378741804|3517259 said:

Who's Steve? If there's an untapped cutter out there, we want that name! :bigsmile:

IIRC, it is Steve Wallner, of http://www.westviewgems.com I'm not absolutely sure, though, because now we don't have the stone in question for reference any more, lol!

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
Recently I started taking my chances with buying inexpensive stones on eBay. I don't have a lot of money to dedicate to my gemstone hobby, and my preferences are so narrow (I like pale, unusual stones for one, and for two I actually don't like to wear jewelry very much)... I figured there wasn't much to lose in spending a few bucks just to see what I'd get.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by a small morganite cushion I won in the last 6 seconds of bidding. Unfortunately I noticed a small chip in the girdle once I received it, but the vendor offered to return 30% of the cost. The stone was less than $20 so I think that's fair. Aside from the chip it's quite nice to look at and I'm glad to have purchased it!

Here are ferryjewelry's pictures for this 1.96ct morganite cushion:

And here are mine - the colour is quite off in the vendor pictures but it's glowier than I expected and I prefer the colour in my photos.

Just for kicks, here are all my recent purchases (two morganite pears, the morganite cushion seen above, and a tiny pink sapphire pear):

vendorphoto.png

photo_376.jpg

photo_377.jpg

photo_378.jpg

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
Here is my latest acquisition from Michael at Gem Line. A 1.62ct tourmalinated aquamarine from Brazil.

I think the vendor picture is spot on. I love this stone! Now I've got to figure out how to set this beauty.

Vendor picture
aquamarine.jpg

My macro picture
_asp7288_0.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see what you do with it! I thought that was a really neat and interesting stone. Very cool!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a color-shift sapphire 0.93 ct.

Vendor pictures
icm_fullxfull_10.jpg
icm_fullxfull_13.jpg

My pictures:
sunlight2.jpg
indoorlight1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, mochiko, you must have the most delicate fingers to make a .93 ct stone look so big! :lol: In any case, it looks lovely on your hand.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, minou. :) The pavilion is a little shallow so it's actually 6.3 mm across. It is native cut but it catches the light well and seems to be decently cut (at least to my amateur eyes!)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
goffgirl,

That is one beautiful stone! Please post more pics once it's set :love: :love: :love:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I got a little carried away with the festive mood and purchased a number of stones from various vendors.
First off, is Litnon's blue zircon. I saw quite a number of nice blue zircon posted here lately and it piqued my interest. Though the ends of the emerald cut seems more saturated than the middle portion, I quite like the stone in general.

Now, vendor's photo:

litnon_blue_zircon.jpg

And these are the photos taken this morning by my room window. The photos turn out to be slightly darker than what I see in real life.

blue_zircon_emerald.jpg

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Next, is a sleepy mahenge spinel I purchased from Multicolour during their sales.
I was rather unsure of its silk, as there's much less scintillation than I have expected. But to get the same size, I would have to sell my kidneys if I wanted a clean hot pink Mahenge spinel :blackeye:
Besides, I've been regretting returning a pink spinel I purchased from Multicolour a couple of years ago, so I decided to just keep this since it was not very expensive. It is starting to grow on me...

Vendor's photo:
sleepy_mahenge_spinel.png

And the photos taken this morning. I adjusted the colour a little since my previous blue zircon came out darker than actual. Hope the adjustment turns out alright.
sleepy_spinel.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results