shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba in platinum or RG? Engraving or not? (Poll)

Platinum or RG? Engrave or not?

• Platinum, polished

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Platinum, engraved

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 20K RG, polished

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 20K RG, engraved

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm torn between 18k rose gold with or without engraving. I love your ammie cabachon ring, and am trying to figure out whether engraving would complement the Paraiba, given its somewhat included nature, or whether it would look better unadorned. Hmm.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
I love paraibas in Rose Gold (the "roser" the better), and I would vote for a rose gold head with a platinum shank, but you should go for what speaks to you and what looks good on your skintone. :) Whatever you do, the result is going to be stunning with that gorgeous stone!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted rose gold last night because I love the color combination with the stone. Oddly enough, as much as I love it, rose gold does not look good with my skintone so I was particularly intrigued with the concept of 20K rose gold that leans towards yellow.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you all for taking the time :wavey:

LuckyKellyK and ElleW: That's a good way to look at this matter, but I am so torn. I am quite specific when it comes to RG in combination with this particular stone and color: it should not be too yellow, nor too pinkish. It should have this ideal 'deep warm red'. Also, as I have not seen the stone yet with my own eyes, it's really hard to make a decision.

Sungura: I love that combo!! I think the 14K that David Klass uses however is more pinkish. A great color in combination with my red spess, but too pink for this particular stone. Do you have more photo's of your Paraiba piece?
I also love green in Paraiba's! I cannot wait to see mine with my own eyes.

TL: you can always wake me up for an antique but updated look. That was actually my initial intention (see my 'setting for my Sugarloaf Paraiba' thread). Perhaps I should go back to my concept. Thank you for your optimistic words :wavey:

SapphireStyle: I so appreciate all these views and opinions. I both like bold, modern and polished as well as art deco or antique inspired. Which now obviously leads to my indecisiveness :lol:

minousbijoux: Thanks! The stone is indeed included, but with this color I do not mind. Valid point to consider whether the inclusions and busy engraving are just too much together! I did not think of that.

swissmiss: the one thing I know for certain is that I do not like wearing duo-tone jewelry. Thanks for the suggestion though!! David suggested it as well and I think the result would be stunning, but it would not be 'me'.

limosun: me too :lol: But I am also afraid that it would turn out too yellow which does not match my skintone.

I will go through your posts again and will make my decision about the color. I feel my gut feeling is telling me something. Still a bit indecisive about the engraving though: it could give the platinum version some oomph, although there is also sonething about the polished clean version. In RG I feel there is an easier match with engraving. Totally irrational but well :twisted:

Thanks again for your help!!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with your decision Acinom!! I know that it's going to be stunning no matter what! Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1428484528|3858432 said:
Good luck with your decision Acinom!! I know that it's going to be stunning no matter what! Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

Thank you for your kind words Ricezo!!! I am looking forward to wear the ring, but it's really funny that there are still so many relevant decisions to make 8-). At least I am thrilled about the design.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a bit late. I really like engraving. Especially foliage/nature-y engraving (detailed leaves and such). And I just love an antique look. It is my weakness and I'm not much of a jewelry person.

Good luck with your decision.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1428490385|3858470 said:
I'm a bit late. I really like engraving. Especially foliage/nature-y engraving (detailed leaves and such). And I just love an antique look. It is my weakness and I'm not much of a jewelry person.

Good luck with your decision.

LoversKites, thanks for chiming in!! I discovered engraving via Pricescope and I love it as well!!! My OEC ring, Rubellite and small pinkish sapphire rings are engraved and I love it!! It's such a pleasure to enjoy the tiny detailing.
The scroll engraving is my personal favorite. Thank you for sharing your view :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Especially foliage/nature-y engraving (detailed leaves and such). And I just love an antique look. It is my weakness and I'm not much of a jewelry person.
Me too; my weakness is engraving of foliage or something nature-like. :))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the stone it looks delicious! I like 18k rose gold and engraving, maybe not the whole ring but selected parts, or a really unique basket.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1428492422|3858479 said:
Especially foliage/nature-y engraving (detailed leaves and such). And I just love an antique look. It is my weakness and I'm not much of a jewelry person.
Me too; my weakness is engraving of foliage or something nature-like. :))
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1428501177|3858535 said:
Love the stone it looks delicious! I like 18k rose gold and engraving, maybe not the whole ring but selected parts, or a really unique basket.

Thank you for chiming in Lovinggems!! I love David Klass' engraving: it's hard to resist.

I feel myself gravitating towards platinum. Mainly since I have not seen the stone with my own eyes and as it will be hard to predict the color of the RG from photo's only. Also, I am always in the mood for platinum and it matches my skintone best. For a next project I definitely want to experiment with RG in higher karat ranges (if it matches the stone that is).
I also like the look of antique inspired rings: platinum and engraving will fit that bill perfectly.

Will let you know what I will finally decide :wavey:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I have nothing to add..... I think everything's been covered by others :bigsmile: just wanted to say that it looks gorgeous already and I cant wait to see what you decide to do :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondbug|1428502986|3858550 said:
I have nothing to add..... I think everything's been covered by others :bigsmile: just wanted to say that it looks gorgeous already and I cant wait to see what you decide to do :appl:

Thank you for your kind words Diamondbug!!! I feel confident that the outcome will be great no matter what decisions I make, which is comforting since I seem to go back and forth :mad:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1428502374|3858544 said:
Lovinggems|1428501177|3858535 said:

Thank you for chiming in Lovinggems!! I love David Klass' engraving: it's hard to resist.

I feel myself gravitating towards platinum. Mainly since I have not seen the stone with my own eyes and as it will be hard to predict the color of the RG from photo's only. Also, I am always in the mood for platinum and it matches my skintone best. For a next project I definitely want to experiment with RG in higher karat ranges (if it matches the stone that is).
I also like the look of antique inspired rings: platinum and engraving will fit that bill perfectly.

Will let you know what I will finally decide :wavey:

Whatever you decide to do, it will be a wonderful addition to your amazing collection. I love the look and feel of platinum too, excellent choice! :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lovinggems!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I'm not sure if you already shared this, but if you don't mind sharing the vendor of your green Paraiba, I would be curious to know so I can add them to my list. :) PS I voted for rose gold but am looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1428569549|3859117 said:
Acinom, I'm not sure if you already shared this, but if you don't mind sharing the vendor of your green Paraiba, I would be curious to know so I can add them to my list. :) PS I voted for rose gold but am looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing!

Hi Mochiko :wavey:
I bought my green Paraiba cab via Paraiba International. My blue faceted Paraiba is from Perry/Leon.

Adam has a larger selection. Unfortunately they come with a price tag.

Thanks for voting!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
mochiko42|1428569549|3859117 said:

Hi Mochiko :wavey:
I bought my green Paraiba cab via Paraiba International. My blue faceted Paraiba is from Perry/Leon.

Adam has a larger selection. Unfortunately they come with a price tag.

Thanks for voting!!!
Thanks so much :) I'm still searching for my windex blue! I'm also looking at a French jewelry store that carries finished Paraiba jewelry, Marie-Hélène de Taillac. She has a store in Tokyo and I will go there next month on my annual shopping/eating trip. [emoji7]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: you have one of the most coveted copper bearing tourmalines here on PS :love: :love:
But we can never have too many Paraiba's, can't we? :naughty:

Thanks for the information about Marie-Helène de Taillac. I just visited her site and I love the style of her jewelry.
How special that you will visit her store! Keep us informed.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
How is your deliberation going Acinom? Are you planning on completing the ring soon? I can't wait to see it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1428664993|3859732 said:
How is your deliberation going Acinom? Are you planning on completing the ring soon? I can't wait to see it!

Deliberation about the first decision is going well Ricezo. David will try 'something' and based on that I will make decision number 2.
I will ask David to finalise the ring around the end of May as I will travel before that period.

Thank you for your enthusiasm!!!
Are you currently working on a project besides having the topaz cut and set for your mother?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update Acinom! I love the experimentation and creativity going into your project!

Apart from the topaz, I have some pearls, a moonstone and coral on their way to me. I'm also considering setting my Gene Rhodolite in the next month but may purchase more pearls instead! Will see how I go!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1428666357|3859745 said:
Thanks for the update Acinom! I love the experimentation and creativity going into your project!

Apart from the topaz, I have some pearls, a moonstone and coral on their way to me. I'm also considering setting my Gene Rhodolite in the next month but may purchase more pearls instead! Will see how I go!

You are indeed quite on a roll Ricezo!! You always make such fabulous choices: it's very inspiring. Looking forward to see your projects progressing. Have you posted vendor pics of your pearls, moonstone and coral?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Acinom ! No not yet - the moontone is from Barry and is 3.75ct. Barry is also sending me a coral cab to match the three I already have. My mum will make a pair of dangly earrings with them. The pearls are 9-10mm metallic white freshwater pearls from Pearls of Joy. Here are some pics!

_28905.jpg

_28906.jpg

_28907.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
Thanks Acinom ! No not yet - the moontone is from Barry and is 3.75ct. Barry is also sending me a coral cab to match the three I already have. My mum will make a pair of dangly earrings with them. The pearls are 9-10mm metallic white freshwater pearls from Pearls of Joy. Here are some pics!
Gorgeous moonstone and pearls! Please post more pics once you receive them. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You seem to have a radar for very beautiful stones Ricezo. I love your new additions and I am looking forward to see your own pics. Yay!! Thanks for sharing.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mochiko and Acinom! They should all be arriving in the next few weeks, I'm excited!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I am going to go out on a limb and say I vote for other and yellow gold because it will contrast the best with the colour of the stone, then white gold or platinum as my second choice - so yellow metal first, white metal second, rose or pink metal last....

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1428750408|3860313 said:
:wavey: I am going to go out on a limb and say I vote for other and yellow gold because it will contrast the best with the colour of the stone, then white gold or platinum as my second choice - so yellow metal first, white metal second, rose or pink metal last....

Thank you for your vote Arkieb :wavey:
While I agree that the green would look awesome set in YG, I will not go that route as YG does not look great with my skintone. I have one YG ring and I hardly ever wear it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results