My CS Year 2015

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waah! You are right Mochiko. These are indeed from Dana. :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its time for DK to give us a full accounting - photos of all her stones and her plans for them with her inspiration photos included. :devil:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1436890316|3902689 said:
I think its time for DK to give us a full accounting - photos of all her stones and her plans for them with her inspiration photos included. :devil:

Yay! I could not agree more Minousbijoux. A full confession list from exhibit nr a to z :twisted: and with lots of photo's indeed.

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, DK. :wavey: I don't mean to offend or derail, but I saw this and thought of your pear project. Had to share. Hope you don't mind.

1319144699_30_1_4182__1_of_5_.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1436896986|3902754 said:
Hi, DK. :wavey: I don't mean to offend or derail, but I saw this and thought of your pear project. Had to share. Hope you don't mind.

Oooh! I love this as it is nicely EW oriented. Chique, yet for everyday wear.
You always find the best settings Sparkliesluver!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, Acinom. I too thought it was lovely yet suitable for everyday wear. haha Not always, but I try!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There will be group pics of my JD's purchases soon as they are on their way to me. :bigsmile:

Thanks SparkliesLuver for the bypass ring inspiration. That is one of my inspiration bypass rings. Somehow the orientation of the pears do not appeal to me.

Here is a ring that caught my eyes recently:

dsc_7925.jpg

I still prefer my own design, and may opt for paved diamonds to jazz it up a bit. Here is the inspiration for my design:

994d09634dcdaaec57f3ed684c08e956.jpg

Below are my purchases from Mastercutgems' July 2015 sale, a sweet round 6.1mm 1.11ct pink sapphire and an EC 18 x 10mm 12.51ct sky blue topaz:
mastercutpinksapphire1.jpg
mastercutskybluetopaz12.jpg

DK :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, ok. So you're more into the N-S orientation. Good to know! Can't wait to see the inspiration image come to life, DK. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Group shot of the CSs from Jeff Davies arrived earlier this morning. Please excuse the quality of the photo, I took it in a rush in the bathroom using my phone:

jd20jun2015groupshot.jpg

I do not have a glamour shot of the electric/neon blue asscher topaz, and do not have the exact dimension, however, it is about 9.5mm square and it is gorgeous!

The amethyst asscher is lighter in colour than anticipated, however, it looks very sparkly and lively.

The round yellow stones may be too small for rings on their own, therefore, they may end up being part of a multi-gem ring at a later date. I now need to look for a bigger round yellow stone. :naughty:

I'll post more pics later, it has been a long day.

It will be a touch decision to decide which ones to set first. :))

And yes, there are more JD stones still to come. :bigsmile:

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your large colection DK!
I love the bright blue and the big yellow. What kind of stone is the big yellow at the front?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette Tillander does some of my favorite setting designs for pear and marquise shapes. :)

425768_217124095088856_443222547_n.jpg 179112_162995597168373_527883277_n.jpg 11150415_627590137375581_2498181517379286399_n.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1437433456|3905406 said:
Group shot of the CSs from Jeff Davies arrived earlier this morning. Please excuse the quality of the photo, I took it in a rush in the bathroom using my phone:

jd20jun2015groupshot.jpg

I do not have a glamour shot of the electric/neon blue asscher topaz, and do not have the exact dimension, however, it is about 9.5mm square and it is gorgeous!

The amethyst asscher is lighter in colour than anticipated, however, it looks very sparkly and lively.

The round yellow stones may be too small for rings on their own, therefore, they may end up being part of a multi-gem ring at a later date. I now need to look for a bigger round yellow stone. :naughty:

I'll post more pics later, it has been a long day.

It will be a touch decision to decide which ones to set first. :))

And yes, there are more JD stones still to come. :bigsmile:

Beautiful stones DK! I especially love the electric blue topaz and tsavs!

Mochiko - those rings are stunning!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies for your kind words, and for the inspiration rings.

The big yellow stone is a lemon quartz, so big I do not know what to do with it yet. Most likely to be a pendant in a chunky setting of some sort.

I have been playing with the stones, and the white oval zircon goes very well with the sapphires as side stones (3 on each side) for an icy look.

The round tsavorite melees contrast well with my existing pink red oval spinel.

It is hard to decide which ones to set first, however, it is going to be the blue zircon heart, the cushion amethyst and the white zircon.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mastercutgems goodies arrived, and they sent me a cute silver grey star sapphire approximately 8mm as a gift:

mastercutgemsjul2015.jpg

Also getting this from The Gem Trader, a 5.77ct 15.6 x 11mm Sunstone Iolite with Haematite:

jul15siolitei.gif

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your newest purchase from The Gem Trader DK. What a special stone. I have never seen anything like it. There seems to be a sky with bright stars on the inside of the stone. How will you set it?

Great setting priority by the way.

_32723.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, our posts crossed. Great goodies from Mastercut Gems 8-) 8-) 8-)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh I love your new stone from the Gem Trader. How unique and beautiful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1437854363|3907419 said:
Congrats with your newest purchase from The Gem Trader DK. What a special stone. I have never seen anything like it. There seems to be a sky with bright stars on the inside of the stone. How will you set it?

Great setting priority by the way.

Just simply set with perhaps 10 small diamonds to form a triangle on each side, or a pair of trillion cut white topaz or zircon.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, it will look great paired with diamonds. I hope you will set it soon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGT's Iolite with Haematite arrived today and it is gorgeous!

Shimmering colours depending on the angle of viewing, I shall simply set it in a chunky bezel setting in white gold, 5.77ct 15.6 x 11mm:

tgtiolitewithhaematite5.jpg

DK :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1439417015|3913862 said:
TGT's Iolite with Haematite arrived today and it is gorgeous!

Shimmering colours depending on the angle of viewing, I shall simply set it in a chunky bezel setting in white gold, 5.77ct 15.6 x 11mm:

tgtiolitewithhaematite5.jpg

DK :love:

OMG this stone is spectacular in person! I saw it online and loved the vendor pic, and am so happy to see that it is just as amazing in person. Congrats on a unique and special stone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is unique and spectacular. It looks so beautiful in your pics :love:
Looking forward to see it set

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got this little beauty from gem-earth, an eBay seller, a 3.08 ct Rhodolite Garent:

gem-earth3_0.jpg

Given I had not have much luck with garnets (mainly to do with colours not as expected), this inexpensive little gem turned out to be a very pleasant surprise when I opened the package yesterday.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your newest purchase!
I love the chubby heart shape :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1439718904|3915106 said:
Congrats with your newest purchase!
I love the chubby heart shape :love:

I know what you meant by "chubby" heart shape and laughed - the more pronounced curves on the sides make it look chubby.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased more inexpensive stones from JD, and am still shopping.

I should ask for a voluntary ban from his store as he always have nicely cut affordable stones in the colours that I like to tempt me. Resistance is futile! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oww, I am not an English native speaker (I am Dutch) and looked up the word chubby in the Dictionary and it seems to have very flattering meanings (as In soft chubby baby cheeks) as well as quite non flattering meanings? For me it is a very positive thing if a stone is chubby: round, soft and super beautiful. Anyway: I love love love that stone and would have chosen it myself.

Please show your other purchases as well and a new group pic when the new stones have arrived :appl:
And mmm, a voluntary ban regarding purchases from the JD site and Ebay auction would be a good idea since you can then focus on setting your lovelies. :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another project near completion, just need to find the fund to have it made: an interchangeable bangle with 3 stones roughly the same size, about 9.5mm, a white topaz, an electric blue topaz, and an amethyst.

The stones:

White Topaz, 4.64ct, 9.3mm:
jdwhitetopaz4p64ct930x750.jpg

Amethyst, 2.57ct, 9.6mm:
jdamethyst2.jpg

Electric Blue Zircon, 4.10ct, 9.65mm:
jdelectricbluetopaz4.jpg

The bangle, in white gold, I shall have it made so that the three bezel-set stones can be screwed on and interchangeable:
2_1_10.jpg

I would love to add a pink red and a green stones to the mix, however, they are likely to be out of my reach for the time being.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK, what a thrifty idea! I love it. Do you have a photo of your inspiration setting for the interchangeable bangle? I've never seen one before. (Will you finish it before Nov? I'd love to see some of your new pieces if you will bring them in November :D)

PS that zircon is so beautiful! :)

dk168|1439765391|3915322 said:
Another project near completion, just need to find the fund to have it made: an interchangeable bangle with 3 stones roughly the same size, about 9.5mm, a white topaz, an electric blue topaz, and an amethyst.

The stones:

White Topaz, 4.64ct, 9.3mm:
jdwhitetopaz4p64ct930x750.jpg

Amethyst, 2.57ct, 9.6mm:
jdamethyst2.jpg

Electric Blue Zircon, 4.10ct, 9.65mm:
jdelectricbluetopaz4.jpg

The bangle, in white gold, I shall have it made so that the three bezel-set stones can be screwed on and interchangeable:
2_1_10.jpg

I would love to add a pink red and a green stones to the mix, however, they are likely to be out of my reach for the time being.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The inspiration for the bangle came from a ring design with interchangeable stones, it is another project in the making, not quite there yet:

images__1_.jpg

It is unlikely I would have the fund to have the bangle made in time for my trip to HK, as it is going to cost quite a bit.

Besides, I have another project in mind - to re-set the carre cut stones in my mum's band, along with 2 bigger stones from the same parcel that are un-set, into a bangle. :naughty:

As for the inter changeable ring, the band/shank will be modified with a row of diamonds bezel set in the middle to add a bit more sparkle to the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results