shape
carat
color
clarity

My CS Year 2015

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff D has not indicated when the electric blue topaz will be ready.

As for the rectangular amethyst, I am likely to have it set as a 3-stone cocktail ring with a pair of light or neon/electric blue round stones.

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1433363521|3884752 said:
Another JD amethyst, lighter in colour, however, it is a square step cut with corners and I just cannot resist:

jdamethyst2p40ct84mm.jpg

Also purchased an electric blue topaz square step cut with corners, still to be cut, and Jeff reckons the rough may yield a 9mm+ stone when finished.

Still shopping (nearly done, she says)...

DK :bigsmile:

OMG this is amazing!! Did Jeff list this one or was it commissioned? I love it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1433410272|3884995 said:
dk168|1433363521|3884752 said:
Another JD amethyst, lighter in colour, however, it is a square step cut with corners and I just cannot resist:

jdamethyst2p40ct84mm.jpg

Also purchased an electric blue topaz square step cut with corners, still to be cut, and Jeff reckons the rough may yield a 9mm+ stone when finished.

Still shopping (nearly done, she says)...

OMG this is amazing!! Did Jeff list this one or was it commissioned? I love it!

It is one that he has already cut, waiting to be listed I believe. When he knew I was looking for square step cut amethyst, he sent me a pic of this stone at a price I simply could not refuse. What could I do except to say "yes please"?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that looks like an amazing amethyst, DK! You really have been picking up a lot of nice pieces from JD lately :)

PS did I miss the date (sorry, have been a bit out of the loop lately due to travel and budget season at work) -- Have you started your new job yet? Hope it is going well!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Any updates on your various projects DK (heart zircon, square step cut amethyst or topaz)?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42,

I started my new job on 28 May, and all is well except I do not have a laptop yet which hinders my training progress somewhat. Hopefully the laptop should arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed.

ricezo,

Still waiting to hear from Jeff D about the cost of the proposed setting for my birthday amethyst.

In the meantime, I bought these from JD:

A 2.32ct 9 x 5.86mm cushion amethyst, and I shall have it set in a simple halo with a plain band in 14K WG:
jd2p32ctamethyst9x586.jpg

A pair of 6mm sky blue topaz pair, with the intention of setting them as side stones or as earrings:
jdskybluetopaz6mm.jpg

Still shopping ...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new additions DK! You are collection an enormous number of beauties 8-)
Still hoping for a large family pic.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love your new additions especially the cushion amethyst.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
You're on a roll DK!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1433725510|3886389 said:
You're on a roll DK!

Only managed to get this little one for my multi-gem bombe ring project last night, a JD 4.5mm demantoid garnet:

jddemantoidgarnet45mm.jpg

Still waiting for the other CSs for this ring project to arrive, hopefully soon.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Are you still waiting on the square step cut amethyst? Can't wait to see photos!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1433933217|3887233 said:
It's beautiful! Are you still waiting on the square step cut amethyst? Can't wait to see photos!

I am still shopping at JD's, therefore, it will be a while before I have them shipped to me.

DK ;))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The chips are here:

A 0.62ct Apatite, 5.19 x 5.19 x 3.70mm
062ctapatite.jpg

A 0.62ct Pink Tourmaline, 9.14 x 4.75 x 2.32mm (this may be dropped as it is a tad too big compared with the rest):
062ctpinktourmaline914x475x232.jpg

A 0.33ct Purple Scapolite, 6.36 x 3.49 x 2.32mm:
033ctpurpolescapolite636x349x233.jpg

A 0.45ct Morganite, 5.86 x 5.04 x 3.01mm:
045ctpinkmorganite586x504x301.jpg

A 0.34ct Yellow Beryl 5.94 x 4.22 x 2.50mm:
034ctyellowberyl594x422x250.jpg

There is also a 0.48ct rectangular Aquamarine, 5.36 x 4.38 x 2.89mm, however, I do not have a pic of it.

Here is the inspiration pic of my multi-gem bombe ring project, in 14K WG:

698910.jpg

I shall take a group shot of all the chips for the ring when I have them all at a later date.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great collection for your WG Bombé ring DK!!! I especially love that apatite.

And... You should update your thread with the newest development: you are now part of the Bespoke Gems untreated top blue topaz sisterhood :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall include the natural blue oval topaz from Doug once I have started to pay for it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful acquisitions for your bombe ring DK! I'm hanging to see more photos of all of your purchases.

And while I'm suffering from fomo...I want want want your asscher amethyst! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1434275913|3889074 said:
Beautiful acquisitions for your bombe ring DK! I'm hanging to see more photos of all of your purchases.

And while I'm suffering from fomo...I want want want your asscher amethyst! :love:

Here is a group pic of the CSs for the bombe ring project so far, just waiting for the green garnet to complete the set, and I "should" pay for all my inexpensive JD purchases next month (still shopping though):

cssbomberingproject_01.jpg

I did not know you were after an asscher cut amethyst, as JD listed a bigger one on his eBay store shortly after I got mine directly from him, and it went for silly money (as in a lower price than mine, however, I am not bitter! :roll: :lol: ).

Here is a pic of the said amethyst for your information, it is 4.11ct, 9.75 x 7.59mm:
jdamethyst4p11ct_notpurchased.jpg

I was tempted to bid for it, however, decided against it as I already have one.

Perhaps you should contact him directly and ask him to cut you one.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh beautiful! I really love the green square - is that an emerald? And the blue heart. Gorgeous!

I've found with JD that the quality of the stones purchased directly from him are typically much better compared to his auction stones. So no doubt your amethyst is much nicer than the cheaper one on eBay!

I'm very tempted to ask Jeff to cut me an asscher amethyst ( and Doug an asscher topaz!) but I'll hold off as I'm itching to set a few stones.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The green square is an emerald I picked up in HK in 2013, and the blue heart is a cheapo sapphire that I bought ages ago for a CS heart charm bracelet project that never materialise, along with the heart cut diamond that is also in the picture.

I kicked myself when I saw the larger asscher amethyst on eBay, as the colour looks nice than mine, however, as I said, I am not bitter! :lol:

I am eyeing more two more stones on JD's site, and that's it for stone wise this year (she says), as I too would like to set some of my purchases as rings to add to my CS ring collection, especially the less expensive ones so that I can increase my workwear ring wardrobe.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing set of stones!! I love love love the blue sapphire, the apatite and the green (emerald?)
I bet you can make 2 Bombé rings from this lot?

What will be the next stone you will set. The concave cut Amethyst?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434282622|3889094 said:
What an amazing set of stones!! I love love love the blue sapphire, the apatite and the green (emerald?)
I bet you can make 2 Bombé rings from this lot?

What will be the next stone you will set. The concave cut Amethyst?

With my big fat middle finger that is size US 10.5, the set will fit nicely on one ring, and I am likely to leave out the pink marquise tourmaline as it looks too big and out of place as part of the set.

The blue heart is a sapphire, and the green square is an emerald.

Still waiting to hear from JD about the RH amethyst setting, may give him a nudge in case he has forgotten, and shall ask him about the progress of the electric blue topaz he is cutting for me in an asscher cut.

Depending on the setting estimate for the RH amethyst, I may set some of the other inexpensive stones first, so that I can increase the size of my workwear ring wardrobe, like the electric blue topaz, the asscher and cushion amethysts, and the square aqua.

I also would like to have the bombe ring made, and to set my Sea of Cortez mabe in a ring.

I just realised I may need to add a pink stone to my workwear ring wardrobe, and I know exactly which one to get, just need the piggy bank to be fatten up first!

Decision, decision...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found my (greenish) yellow stone, a zircon from JD:
jdgreenzircon.jpg

I already have settings in mind for it, however, the side/accent stones may need to be cut specially for it as I would like tsavorites to contrast the yellow, hopefully Jeff D would be able to help me.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1434348933|3889350 said:
Found my (greenish) yellow stone, a zircon from JD:
jdgreenzircon.jpg

I already have settings in mind for it, however, the side/accent stones may need to be cut specially for it as I would like tsavorites to contrast the yellow, hopefully Jeff D would be able to help me.

Beautiful DK! I think it would look great with tsavorite sides.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ricezo for the encouragement.

I may opt for a tsavorite halo instead of traps, depending on availability. I believe traps will be nicer though, however, it is likely to be more expensive.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful zircon DK! I love your setting ideas with green sidestones or a green halo.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing your hand shots of that zircon because the color looks awesome and so unusual.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :bigsmile:

This is the kind of green I have in mind, a set of 2.5mm Tsavorites as seen on JD's FB page that was sold very quickly, and I believe they would go well with the greenish yellow zircon:

jdtsavoritemelle.jpg jdgreenzircon.jpg

Instead of traps or halo, this setting with green melees would work for me too, IMHO:

deco_step_square_blue_sapphire_and_diamond_ringa.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love the colour of those tsavs! :love: And I think a setting with melee is a great option.

Any updates from JD on your asscher ring setting?

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1434496516|3890072 said:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :bigsmile:

This is the kind of green I have in mind, a set of 2.5mm Tsavorites as seen on JD's FB page that was sold very quickly, and I believe they would go well with the greenish yellow zircon:

jdtsavoritemelle.jpg jdgreenzircon.jpg

Jim McCormick has a parcel of 1.9mm Tsavorites listed on the FB auction site, the auction ends tonight, but I figured I'd point it out in case it is what you are looking for.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207190558230697&set=gm.902246883181408&type=1

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link, however, it does not work for me.

DK :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results