shape
carat
color
clarity

More Help... maybe more than yellow?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
oh can't believe I missed this thread! Your zircon would look amazing in a 3 stone ring (I love mine so much!). Looking forward to seeing your finished piece(s)!

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, I am in love with the rings on this thread! I love them Yssie, I want a 3-stone just like yours one day! Can't wait to see pictures of it with your zircon!!

Also, I'd love an update on your peachy-stone search... that is something I have been searching for ever since I thought I got one from Gene's drop back in August (the tourmaline that Acinom posted earlier in the thread) but was a few seconds too slow in ordering ;(

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news Yssie!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet Acinom, but thank you for asking!

After going back and forth on the yellow zircon + RDG/Butterflies question for several weeks, and acquiring and for various reasons discarding a couple of other options (sunstone, darker pink tourmaline), I got my paws on a preloved peachy tourmaline cut by Gene some years ago. I've sent it and the yellow zircon back to Erika, who has the RDG, and requested her professional input on which stone would be a better fit both physically and aesthetically. I'll definitely be updating this thread requesting more CS opinions once I've heard back from her!! ::)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting update Yssie! It's already clear you can add two 'new' (renewed) rings to your collection.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited to see what you end up w/Yssie!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some quick pics from Erika Winters :))

I originally wanted a yellow stone in this setting - the three metals are cream, pale yellow, and rich yellow, the side diamonds are (yellow) Js, and I liked the idea of sticking to one colour scheme... But the yellow zircon really is just too much. It's a beautiful stone but it's bright and bold and looks out of place in the very "soft", romantic, floral setting. The tourmaline, on the other hand... captures that feeling perfectly :love: It's a ten-sided beauty that I recently bought pre-loved from another PSer and it transitions from very pink (like in this pic) to more peachy (under halogens), both of which will work well in this setting, I think.

And the JW yellow will go into my three-stone Butterflies setting with diamond sides after all ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_35289_0.jpg
_35291_0.jpg
_35290_3.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1447637986|3950090 said:

I'm going to post while just looking at the pics, having not read your opinion yet so I'm not swayed.

I think the pink is the right stone for that setting, and I think the yellow is the right one for your 3 stone, so with that in mind I think the choice is obvious. The colors of each setting just lend themselves to their perspective settings.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1447637626|3950086 said:
Some quick pics from Erika Winters :))

I originally wanted a yellow stone in this setting - the three metals are cream, pale yellow, and rich yellow, the side diamonds are (yellow) Js, and I liked the idea of sticking to one colour scheme... But the yellow zircon really is just too much. It's a beautiful stone but it's bright and bold and looks out of place in the very "soft", romantic, floral setting. The tourmaline, on the other hand... captures that feeling perfectly :love: It's a ten-sided beauty that I recently bought pre-loved from another PSer and it transitions from very pink (like in this pic) to more peachy (under halogens), both of which will work well in this setting, I think.

And the JW yellow will go into my three-stone Butterflies setting with diamond sides after all ::)

I had a feeling we had come to the same conclusions. Two beautiful rigs, now!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great decision Yssie. The pink looks stunning in the RDG ring.
You will have two fabulous rings. Yay!!!

The soft and dreamy RDG design matches so well with the softness of the pink.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot go wrong with either one, really!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1447697129|3950341 said:
I'm going to post while just looking at the pics, having not read your opinion yet so I'm not swayed.

I think the pink is the right stone for that setting, and I think the yellow is the right one for your 3 stone, so with that in mind I think the choice is obvious. The colors of each setting just lend themselves to their perspective settings.
Thanks Niel. Part of me clung to the all-yellow idea because it was my first idea, so it must be the best, right..? But honestly, you're right - the settings and stones have paired themselves, and there's no point in mucking it up just for the sake of intervening :bigsmile:

I'm super excited!! Erika said it'd have to wait until the Holiday rush is past, but I'm in no particular hurry - besides just wanting to see it ::)

Acinom said:
Great decision Yssie. The pink looks stunning in the RDG ring.
You will have two fabulous rings. Yay!!!

The soft and dreamy RDG design matches so well with the softness of the pink.
It really does ::) I was disappointed to have missed the peachy tourmaline that you posted from one of Gene's drops in another thread (and disappointed that arabella missed it too!!) so when I found this one I jumped! I wasn't sure it would even fit, but Erika says they can make it work :appl:

Chrono said:
You cannot go wrong with either one, really!
Not a bad place to be, all said and done ::) I'd have been perfectly happy with the yellow in the RDG, had I had no alternatives. The downside of deciding to look for possible alternatives is... winding up with multiple coloured stones of exactly the same size and shape - I'm all about matching sets but this takes homogeneity to the extreme, even for me :bigsmile:

And some very old responses that I'm embarrassed to have completely dropped the ball on :::::

arabella|1443932610|3934655 said:
Oh wow, I am in love with the rings on this thread! I love them Yssie, I want a 3-stone just like yours one day! Can't wait to see pictures of it with your zircon!!

Also, I'd love an update on your peachy-stone search... that is something I have been searching for ever since I thought I got one from Gene's drop back in August (the tourmaline that Acinom posted earlier in the thread) but was a few seconds too slow in ordering ;(
Thank you!! I'm still thinking about sidestones - diamonds are easy, and obvious, but I rather want to try an all-CS ring ::)

I was disapointed to learn that you hadn't got the peachy tourmaline in August!! But... just caught up on other threads and see that you got the pad sapphire from a more recent drop - and it is GORGEOUS!!! You got your peachy in the end :bigsmile: I'm looking forward to seeing it set!

ElleW|1440693415|3919903 said:
Welcome to the dark (colorful) side! :naughty: :wavey:
:halo:

lovedogs|1440692928|3919898 said:
Thanks so much, Yssie! One of my "dream" rings is your 5-stone, but likely it is more realistic to focus on a 3-stone for now :) I just love the proportions!
lovedogs No worries at all - my sincere apologies for the ridiculously late reply :(sad
But I gotta say... you didn't need help, or the enabling jumping over to a fivestone :bigsmile: your fivestone turned out beautifully!! I'm glad you went with the trellis wire arrangement modification from the original CAD - it's flowy, organic, and the combination of white metal and velvety blue is so classic :love: yeah... she'll love that SD weather ::)

packrat|1440877839|3920896 said:
Late to the thread, but you decided on what I was going to vote for-the three stone. I think it looked amazing when you had it loose in there.
Three-stone it is, finally final!! I had planned to have that done a looong time ago, then changed my mind, and now I've un-changed it again... :bigsmile: (No, really. Finally final. Really.)

Stone Hunter|1440879903|3920910 said:
Please post photos when you get the three stone back! It looked GREAT sitting in the setting. :bigsmile:
I definitely will!! It looked wonderful loose in the setting so I've got high hopes for both resets ::)

ricezo|1443927953|3934649 said:
oh can't believe I missed this thread! Your zircon would look amazing in a 3 stone ring (I love mine so much!). Looking forward to seeing your finished piece(s)!
I love your three-stone too - it's the perfect example of its style, I think :love: Thank you!! I'm super excited to be definitively moving forward - one a definitive direction! - with both projects :bigsmile:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
arabella|1443932610|3934655 said:

Thank you!! I'm still thinking about sidestones - diamonds are easy, and obvious, but I rather want to try an all-CS ring ::)

I was disapointed to learn that you hadn't got the peachy tourmaline in August!! But... just caught up on other threads and see that you got the pad sapphire from a more recent drop - and it is GORGEOUS!!! You got your peachy in the end :bigsmile: I'm looking forward to seeing it set!

Aww thanks Yssie!! Yes, it is a totally beautiful peachy pink color outdoors but it shifts all over the place from orangey-red to orangey-pink in other lighting. I love your tourmaline find -- how perfect and meant to be! It looks beautiful in the RDG!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1447984774|3951922 said:
lovedogs|1440692928|3919898 said:
Thanks so much, Yssie! One of my "dream" rings is your 5-stone, but likely it is more realistic to focus on a 3-stone for now :) I just love the proportions!

lovedogs No worries at all - my sincere apologies for the ridiculously late reply :(sad
But I gotta say... you didn't need help, or the enabling jumping over to a fivestone :bigsmile: your fivestone turned out beautifully!! I'm glad you went with the trellis wire arrangement modification from the original CAD - it's flow, organic, and the combination of white metal and velvety blue is so classic :love: yeah... she'll love that SD weather ::)

Aww, thanks Yssie! That means a lot to me coming from you. And I LOVE these pieces and the colors you've chosen work perfectly. The tourmaline is dreamy in that setting :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results