shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercutgems raspberry umbalite garnet

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I didn't realize garnets could be that pretty! I've only had seen those reddish brown ones before in real life.. Simply gorgeous

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, junebug! Very nice to meet You here in CS's. I'm newbie too. I was't prepared how lively and sparkly garnet could be. It surprised me totally. Colour is very charming; from Intense deep red to glowing fuchsia pink. I have found that I drool this little colourful stone as much as my lovely and lively OEC. I hope You 'll enjoy of Your time on CS as much as I do. Just warning....this is just as dangerous place as diamond or pearl forum...during past year I purchased several pearls. I mean SEVERAL :o .Just because....I was weak... :D . By the way; I changed back to solitaire (I'm a simple girl with diamonds) and that was the reason how I found CS. I needed a stone to my empty halo. And here we go again...my head is full of ideas what I want next and next and next :dance:

SapphireStyle, thanks! Maybe garnets will come in style again when we'll notice there really IS something else than those dark bohemian type stones. At least I hope so. And sun came here again. Two days full of shine! It makes me feel spring is coming very soon :wavey:

LisaRN, thanks :wavey:

mariedtiger, thank You! Congrats of Jewels of the Week . Y love to meet Finnish fellow here. There on PS isn't many of us. I think You and me know the reason for it. You don't have to do anything else than walk into a local jewelry store...there isn't much bling available. You must be really interested in diamonds or gemstones if You are coming to this kind of forum. Most of Finnish aren't....

mochiko42, many thanks! Live and learn! That's the way go forward :wavey:

Here is couple more and again in different lightning; big window behind my back and fluorescent lights on ceiling

_26850.jpg

_26851.jpg

_26852.jpg

_26853.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
That is a wonderful garnet Confection10! Very well done! I have found that buying CS over the internet is quite difficult, and since I also live in Finland, returns are rarely an option. I absolutely love your setting also :)

May I ask who you used for the setting job? I would very much like to know where to go if you have both your own stone and a setting :)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
nojs, hi and thank You :wavey: . I have lately used JCDesign in Pori. Reasonable priced and I haven't to wait weeks until ready. Both are owners and goldsmiths and quite funny guys overall.

Here's couple more shots where yellow gold prongs show better. I asked them to change prongs from white gold to yellow gold.

_26926.jpg

_26928.jpg

_26929.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Confection10, great additional pictures of a superb ring :) Great to know about the talented fellows in Pori if I happed to need them :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1423426818|3829427 said:
And here we go again...my head is full of ideas what I want next and next and next :dance:

mariedtiger, thank You! Congrats of Jewels of the Week . Y love to meet Finnish fellow here. There on PS isn't many of us. I think You and me know the reason for it. You don't have to do anything else than walk into a local jewelry store...there isn't much bling available. You must be really interested in diamonds or gemstones if You are coming to this kind of forum. Most of Finnish aren't....

I can so relate to that, having a head full of ideas of what to do next! =) Yeah, the gemstone hobby in Finland isn't that widely spread, although we have such wonderful craftspeople here. But I do think colored gems are slowly but surely taking over Finland. :bigsmile: There are a lot of jewelry stores creating wonderful jewels with colored gemstones in them and the greater public slowly awakens to the existence of other gems than amethyst and baltic amber.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results