Votes: 4 15.4%
  • VC trueste solitaire

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • None - I'll tell you below

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
S

SparkliesLuver

Great! I'm sure he'll respond soon and then you can begin your green-blue journey. :) You mean you don't already have a few settings picked out? ;-) I only ask because you're always so ahead of the game. You have to at least have some ideas... ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1423833009|3831799 said:
Great! I'm sure he'll respond soon and then you can begin your green-blue journey. :) You mean you don't already have a few settings picked out? ;-) I only ask because you're always so ahead of the game. You have to at least have some ideas... ;-)

I have ideas for various shapes already, however, I would spend more time researching for a setting once I have picked up my rough and confirmed with Gene about how he is going to cut it, e.g. with flat or concave faceting etc...

DK :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Fun! I love getting ideas for settings...as you already well know. :lol:

Sounds great, DK. I'm excited for you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1423833793|3831808 said:
Fun! I love getting ideas for settings...as you already well know. :lol:

Sounds great, DK. I'm excited for you!

Thank you, and I love participating in help with setting threads too, as I love to help others with spending their money! :lol:

DK :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I step away from PS for a week and it's already done? It's simply gorgeous. It is understated yet elegant, allowing the tourmaline to be the star!

S

SparkliesLuver

haha That makes two of us then, DK. ;-)

Thank you so much, Chrono. Understated yet elegant is what I was going for, especially allowing the stone to take center stage. I know, he completed it much earlier than I expected. :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That turned out perfect! It really makes your stone the star yet adds visual interest. Great choice, gorgeous stone, can't wait to see your hand shots :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, woofmama! :D I appreciate your many compliments. By the way, when do we get to see hand shots of your recently acquired red spinel? ;-) I know I'm dying to see... :lickout:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1423832056|3831795 said:
Thank you so much, ricezo, Acinom, DK, TL, and minousbijoux! I do love it. :love: I love how the stone is the focal point, and the way the twist flows into the double claw prongs is just how I imagined. And the surprise stones are subtle and sweet. Apparently I'm supposed to get it today! I didn't know he was sending it overnight. :appl: So I'll have to figure out a way to rush home and then to the post office - since he sent it to my house instead of work - before they close. There's no way I want it sitting there all weekend. I'll be sure to post a couple pictures once it's on my not-so-naked hands. ;-)

I can't wait to see your pictures, ricezo!

Any news from Gene, DK, on picking out your rough?

Has your package indeed been delivered at the post office and did you manage to get there in time Sparklies?

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Has your package indeed been delivered at the post office and did you manage to get there in time Sparklies?

Turns out there was a bit of confusion (of no ones fault). :(( I'll spare everyone the story, but they're attempting to deliver it again this morning (within the next 2.5 hours) and my mom is waiting at my house. So I'll have it when I get home! I'm thankful it turned into a busy weekend so it kept my mind off the fact that the ring wasn't on my hand.

Hope to have pictures tonight...or soon! We're supposed to get a lot of snow tonight, so I may be helping DH shovel instead of taking hand shots. We'll see, though. :Up_to_something:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1424092071|3833345 said:
Acinom said:

Turns out there was a bit of confusion (of no ones fault). :(( I'll spare everyone the story, but they're attempting to deliver it again this morning (within the next 2.5 hours) and my mom is waiting at my house. So I'll have it when I get home! I'm thankful it turned into a busy weekend so it kept my mind off the fact that the ring wasn't on my hand.

Hope to have pictures tonight...or soon! We're supposed to get a lot of snow tonight, so I may be helping DH shovel instead of taking hand shots. We'll see, though. :Up_to_something:

Oh my. Well, seems like you will actually get it today or tomorrow. Don't do the shovelling thing while wearing your new pretty thing (although that would look great on photo :twisted: )
Happy waiting :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

It's at my house! It arrived safely, so I'm anxious to get home. :dance:

Oh, no. Definitely no shoveling while wearing the ring! Although a picture with the ring against some fresh snow sounds lovely. ;-)

haha Thank you, Acinom. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha!! Good to know the ring is safely waiting for you at your house.
Ihm... Don't put it on the snow either. Poor thing :lol:
I hope you can make some handshots tonight

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Oh, no. I wouldn't rest the ring on the snow! I more so meant on my hand with the snow as the background. So at least I could say I'm helping DH. :naughty: :lol:

Me too. Although I just took off my polish on my awful looking nails, so my pictures may be cropped like TL's. :)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Yay I'm glad it's arrived safely! Looking forward to the hand shots!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Sorry for not posting last night. Had a bit of a family scare.

I apologize for the less-than-ideal office pictures - and horrible nails - but I absolutely love my new ring! :love:

img_7073.jpg

img_7074.jpg

img_7075.jpg

img_7076.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see nothing but a beautiful ring on your hand. Congrats and enjoy! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you very much, Chrono. I appreciate all your help along the way. :D

I tried to capture more of what I'm seeing IRL and these two are definitely closer! Gene's cutting is just amazing.

img_7078.jpg

img_7079.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the new pics!

DK :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks for putting up with me, DK. ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the family scare is behind you SL :wavey:

Your new ring is a true dream ring!!! This has been a great choice as it puts the stone center stage but also adds some visual interest.
I love love love the flowing shank. It looks like water flowing down from a wall. And the stone has a mesmerizing beauty :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Not quite yet, Acinom. Hopefully within 3-5 days though. :whistle:

Thank you so much! It's been a really fun and exciting journey. :) I'm really happy with how the setting came out, too. I love the flowing lines and how everything seems to stem from the stone. As always, I appreciate your kind words, Acinom.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand! Such a beautiful colour and it looks amazing with the white gold! :love:

Wishing you all the best with the family scare, I have my fingers crossed for you. X

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the best with your family scare Sparkliesluvers. Family is so important. It can really unbalance you when there is something going on in your family.

How were the first 36 hours with your new ring?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ricezo! I also appreciate the words about my family. :)

Thanks, Acinom. You're so right - it really can. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy my ring the night it arrived, but boy did I yesterday! All I could do was look at it. :love: :loopy: :lickout: I even had two strangers comment on it, which was quite humbling and exciting. It was difficult to take it off last night and put it in the box, but I know that's the safest place for it. It's been awhile since I had a new piece of jewelry so it was a thrilling day. :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The effect of a nice piece of jewellery on a woman cannot be under-estimated!

DK :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

You've got that right, DK! So true.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1424176948|3833762 said:
Sorry for not posting last night. Had a bit of a family scare.

I apologize for the less-than-ideal office pictures - and horrible nails - but I absolutely love my new ring! :love:

Hope everything is okay with your family!

BTW, are you getting any work done with that ring on? :naughty: :lol:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, TL. Hopefully we know more in a few days.

I'm so thankful (and lucky, really) that I had a slow day yesterday. Because, honestly, all I pretty much did was look at it in various lighting and angles throughout my floor. :lol: :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results