• VC trueste solitaire

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • None - I'll tell you below

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! It certainly has presence. I can't say any more because I know nothing about waxes and how they translate to the finished piece, but it looks good to me. :praise: What do you think? How does it feel?

S

SparkliesLuver

minousbijoux said:
How exciting! It certainly has presence. I can't say any more because I know nothing about waxes and how they translate to the finished piece, but it looks good to me. :praise: What do you think? How does it feel?

Thanks minous. :) It definitely is exciting! I've heard that waxes are like CAD's - they're thicker than the finished product, so to keep that in mind. I have substantial hands so I usually have to go a bit larger than what the average person would wear. I think it looks fantastic! My only question is, does it sit too high? I'd love to know what others see/think since I've been so close to this all along. Don't want to forget or miss something.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!! It looks very sexy and fluid.
I actually love these exact proportions. Not sure, but I think I've read that wax models usually are bit thicker compared to the real thing??But if you like these proportions you could ask David to make the ring exactly like this.

How do you feel about the ring Sparklies?

S

SparkliesLuver

Sorry, minous, I forgot to answer one of your questions. I don't actually have it in-hand. We're corresponding via email, but I'm grateful he did this since it really helped me visualize things.

Thank you, Acinom. I really do love it. :D I'm even more excited now than before! I initially wondered if it sits too high, but I don't think it does. He did move things around a bit to situate it lower than before, so that was a good change. Yes, I've heard that too about wax castings. I fell in love with the finished ring (with the blue sapphire and diamonds), and this is very, very similar, so I'll trust my gut and go with how it is.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You loved this setting from the very beginning, so that's a great sign. I think you can indeed trust David to make a gorgeous version for you 8-) . Based on this wax I do not think the stone will sit too high. What's the depth of your stone?

It's great to see your ring come to life!!! I am convinced you will love yours as much as I love mine.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
You loved this setting from the very beginning, so that's a great sign. I think you can indeed trust David to make a gorgeous version for you 8-) . Based on this wax I do not think the stone will sit too high. What's the depth of your stone?

It's great to see your ring come to life!!! I am convinced you will love yours as much as I love mine.

You're right, it is a good sign. :) The closer I get to looking at it, I realize that the height is okay. Plus, it'll be an occasional wear ring (on my middle finger) anyway, so. I asked Gene at one point, but I can't remember. I want to say nearly 6mm, but don't hold me to that.

Thank you. It's so much fun. I surely hope so cause yours is amazingly beautiful!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its funny about the too high thing. I am not terribly experienced or knowledgable in setting stones, but of all the rings I have or have set, height has never been an issue. Sure, I inadvertently knock them occasionally, but its not like they get stuck because of their height...Then again, I don't go for architectural masterpiece rings of great height, nor do I live in a cold climate where I have to wear gloves, so maybe its not something I notice at all and others might. :))

S

SparkliesLuver

I feel like I'm the same, minous. I don't go for architectural masterpiece rings of great height either. :lol: However, I do live where there's cold weather, but I'm not a gloves person; I have fleece lined sleeves and pockets so that works just fine for me. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waxes are typically thicker than the end result because the bench has to file, finish, smooth, polish, and etcetera. That said, the wax I received from JJ for my approval was so thin and delicate that it surprised me.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great, I love the proportions and curves. Can't wait to see your ring!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono, mine doesn't look too thin to you, does it? I didn't think so, but I still have novice eyes.

Thank you for your kind words, ricezo! I'm sending him the stone today. Any word on your project? ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert on wax models, however, it looks good to my untrained eyes.

DK :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks for stopping by, DK, and chiming in. :appl: Much appreciated! My eyes are too, but I'm learning. It's been a fun, smooth process. I saw you have some approved CAD's for your aqua - exciting! :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1422536250|3823747 said:
Chrono, mine doesn't look too thin to you, does it? I didn't think so, but I still have novice eyes.

Not too thin at all. Mine was even thinner.

wax_final.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Okay; thank you.

Wow, that's so intricate and delicate and gorgeous. Lovely. Thank you for sharing both pictures. Are you happy with how it turned out?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1422537437|3823764 said:
Okay; thank you.

Wow, that's so intricate and delicate and gorgeous. Lovely. Thank you for sharing both pictures. Are you happy with how it turned out?

Delicate is on the dot; the wax broke into pieces when I wore it! Fortunately, the ring is far more durable and yes, I'm delighted with the end result. Thank you.

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, no! I think I'd cry if that happened to me, especially now since I'm just beginning my CS journey. I'm very happy it all worked out in the end and the ring is much more durable. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to scare you; I didn't mean to. Just wanted to point out that waxes in general are not durable but rings are. I am 100% sure your ring will hold up well.

S

SparkliesLuver

haha That's okay. It's good to hear and know that that stuff can and does happen...and it's not the end of the world when it does.

Thank you, Chrono.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I've been following your thread & love that setting! Seeing the wax really brought it to life for me. Can't wait to see the finished ring :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, woofmama. I feel the same way about the wax casting. I'm so happy he did it! It really helped me visualize the actual, finished ring. Plus, seeing it on someone's finger helped too...even if hers are much more slender than mine. haha

ETA: Absolutely cannot wait to see what you do with your new spinel. :Up_to_something: :naughty: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

It's done! It's done! :appl: :love:

I have to approve the pictures before he ships it to me. Does everyone approve? I want to make sure I don't miss something in my wave of excitement. :)

Thank you!

greenstone1.jpg

centergreen3.jpg

greenstone3.jpg

greenstone4.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

A few more...

greenstone5.jpg

greenstone9.jpg

centergreen1.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I love it!!! I love the twist and the lines flow so well, it's gorgeous! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah :love:
It looks fabulous! Great to see your vision come to live. The beautiful tourmaline takes center stage and the detailing is just perfect with the surprise stones and the flowing setting looks like waves in the sea.
Do you love it Sparklies?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the flow and curve of the ring. It sets off your lovely tourmaline so well. Congrats.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The twist flows so effortlessly into the double prongs. Love it. I also love the sleek unadorned nature of the metal, as it goes so well with that tourmaline's cut. :appl: When will you have it in your oh so naked hands?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, ricezo, Acinom, DK, TL, and minousbijoux! I do love it. :love: I love how the stone is the focal point, and the way the twist flows into the double claw prongs is just how I imagined. And the surprise stones are subtle and sweet. Apparently I'm supposed to get it today! I didn't know he was sending it overnight. :appl: So I'll have to figure out a way to rush home and then to the post office - since he sent it to my house instead of work - before they close. There's no way I want it sitting there all weekend. I'll be sure to post a couple pictures once it's on my not-so-naked hands. ;-)

I can't wait to see your pictures, ricezo!

Any news from Gene, DK, on picking out your rough?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1423832056|3831795 said:
Any news from Gene, DK, on picking out your rough?

I e-mailed him earlier today asking if I could start paying him in instalments and to pick out the rough if I am allowed to do so, for setting planning purposes. ;))

I also mentioned another one of his green/blue Tourmaline has been set (yours). :bigsmile:

Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon, thanks for asking.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results