shape
carat
color
clarity

G to the 3!!! Yellow Gene grossular garnet finally set

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
beautiful setting.

Sorry to read that there were mistakes in it, it is sad. however, the final result, to me, looks great!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is really beautiful!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think it is lovely! And Gene's stone is stunning (as usual, his work is awesome)!

It looks great on your hand and the filigree underneath is stunning.

But I think I would go back and have them make it yellow gold, as your requested. Otherwise, that's all you'll think about when you see it, and it might bother you after a while.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love it!!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It came out very nicely in spite of the errors, Jereni. I love love a yellow stone w/white diamonds -- a future project for me. Yours is such a beauty.

However, I do agree w/Chrono. Take your time but be sure you're not settling for less than you want. The white gold, to me, looks great. But to my eye the halo overpowers the stone a little bit; it's just a tad too heavy for it. They have offered to make good their mistakes, so think it over -- for once in our lives, these projects are all about what we want. :)) If you decide you love it, super. If you like it but don't love it, don't hesitate to send it back. At any rate, they owe you one!

--- Laurie

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1390221927|3596852 said:
It came out very nicely in spite of the errors, Jereni. I love love a yellow stone w/white diamonds -- a future project for me. Yours is such a beauty.

However, I do agree w/Chrono. Take your time but be sure you're not settling for less than you want. The white gold, to me, looks great. But to my eye the halo overpowers the stone a little bit; it's just a tad too heavy for it.
--- Laurie

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Laurie, it's so funny that you mention the halo, because now after resetting the mint tourm, I'm back to being bothered by this most of all. The tourm has such a nice, proportioned halo around it, and putting it next to the garnet I feel like the garnet ring looks so clunky in comparison.

The thing is, it would be more of an overall redo than them fixing their mistakes, for two reasons. One, they gave me a deal on the mint tourm work based on their mistakes on the garnet ring. Two, I want a smaller halo but I also am thinking I want to lose the half moons and go for a tight split shank. So it's really just more of a redo in general....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That turned out really beautiful! I love the nice low profile!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
OH, I forgot to mention the other thing about the garnet ring that I didn't notice for months. Underneath the filigree, on the back side of the stone, they put a FULL SOLID yellow gold 'underbelly' to the stone. It has a little hole in it for the culet(sp?), but otherwise it's solid.

This means that there's no way to fully clean the back side of the stone in the setting, so dust has accumulated and I'm just stuck with it. I'm also thinking that is why the stone looks warmer in the setting than I ever found it to look when loose.

Irritating. But again, if I had them redo it, there's quite a few things I would change. I think it just comes down to me being newer at this and still learning what I do and don't like in rings.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's visually beautiful... I like the white gold as your garnet POPS and all yellow may blend more. I had my enagement ring put in a custom job.. what a mess.. I gave them a pix and gave them the baguettes and partly it's my fault as I didn't realize it was going to be cathedral.. :( I'm stuck with it and if I ask my husband for another reset at this juncture (it's been reset 3x now) he will explode... but your ring is truly a knockout imho.

Jereni|1390236214|3596952 said:
OH, I forgot to mention the other thing about the garnet ring that I didn't notice for months. Underneath the filigree, on the back side of the stone, they put a FULL SOLID yellow gold 'underbelly' to the stone. It has a little hole in it for the culet(sp?), but otherwise it's solid.

This means that there's no way to fully clean the back side of the stone in the setting, so dust has accumulated and I'm just stuck with it. I'm also thinking that is why the stone looks warmer in the setting than I ever found it to look when loose.

Irritating. But again, if I had them redo it, there's quite a few things I would change. I think it just comes down to me being newer at this and still learning what I do and don't like in rings.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I can see where you'd be annoyed that they didn't follow your specifications, however... Man that ring is BEAUTIFUL!! I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thanks Kelli!

I just wanted to add this for posterity - I FINALLY, a few weeks ago, got a shot of the ring that shows the stone's true color, or at least what I see when I look at it in most lighting situations that I am in :)

g3_handinside2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty in your last photo. Jereni, have you come to a decision about the setting (redo or keeping as is)?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results