shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Green FCD Need opinions.....Kenny?

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also: heckuvin eye there, Justin. You called it as better than I1 clarity based on the picture. Ben-David agrees with you at VS2!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This is ridiculous. I hate the idea of a business using PS photos for their ill-gotten profits. :nono:

As for the pricing? My dad reported that my local jeweler at home had a very green diamond, around half a carat, for the bargain price of $3,600. Allegedly not treated. To think of how much Leibish has been ripping us all off... :rolleyes: :lol:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
justginger|1353404191|3310831 said:
This is ridiculous. I hate the idea of a business using PS photos for their ill-gotten profits. :nono:

As for the pricing? My dad reported that my local jeweler at home had a very green diamond, around half a carat, for the bargain price of $3,600. Allegedly not treated. To think of how much Leibish has been ripping us all off... :rolleyes: :lol:
Yes, how dare they! Naughty Leibish" :lol: :ugeek:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't make Kenny cry to discover he's been ripped off all this time. :nono: :bigsmile:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Leibish will be having a cyber monday sale.

um, when is cyber monday?

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just so everyone is clear, this is a joke. Kenny's collection is stunning, real, and in my opinion, priceless. :praise:

_1954.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
I couldn't possibly part with it for less than $6. :wacko:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI All,
I can't speak about any particular seller, but a few more general facts: By it's very nature, an offer of a GIA graded Fancy Intense Green Diamond for $10,000 is bogus if it's being made by a dealer.
I suppose there might exist a diamond with enough imperfection to make such a price fit the color ( like P to the 25th degree)- however if there was a polished diamond like that it would be totally opaque, not able to show color.
Same about the cut- especially with Natural Green Diamonds, there's all kinds of funky cuts that result from techniques used to project the color- and give ample evidence to GIA that the stone is naturally green.
A really "funky cut" I2 diamond graded NATURAL Fancy Intense Green will go for a lot more than $10k
Sometimes the price is a dead giveaway to a bad listing.

As far as eBay doing the right thing when it comes to photo theft: You better have a lot of time, original source files and a lot of patience. They show very little interest in protecting photos

PS is great in that it's a place where this discussion can be read by a lot of potential shoppers.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only imagine the field day this vendor is having on Pinterest...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux said:
I can only imagine the field day this vendor is having on Pinterest...

Do you mean it's easy to steal photos there?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another picture theft ...
Here's model TR-121 ring at www.Gelinabaci.com

Here's a ring for sale on eBay from diamondsbydino
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-73-GIA-Cushion-Cut-Tension-Invisible-18k-White-Gold-Ring-D-VS-Center-1-00-Ct-/280923264017?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item416854d411

Here are the pics side by side.
They Photoshopped out the GelinAbaci name and swapped the diamond but look at the perfect match of every dark reflection in the metal.

I love how they put a big D in the pic so we know it's their pic and so nobody steals it. :lol:

a.png

b.png

_55.png

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It kills me that they're watermarking the pictures that they stole!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what's the way forward with this?

Presumably, Ebay needs to be contacted with the proof? Justin are you doing that?

Is there an organisation in the US that investigates shoddy practices such as these? In the UK we have Trading Standards and also the ASA but clearly this is a US based company. What about the BBB?

Kenny - have you contacted Gelin Abaci?

Has anybody alerted Charmypoo? Presumably this is a stolen photograph of her ring and so there's absolutely NO possibility that they could have this for sale. So this is false advertising etc.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1353444870|3311305 said:

Yes.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Presumably, Ebay needs to be contacted with the proof? Justin are you doing that?

Is there an organisation in the US that investigates shoddy practices such as these? In the UK we have Trading Standards and also the ASA but clearly this is a US based company. What about the BBB?

Has anybody alerted Charmypoo? Presumably this is a stolen photograph of her ring and so there's absolutely NO possibility that they could have this for sale. So this is false advertising etc.

I alerted Charmypoo

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
LD, Yes I am building a case against them as we speak. But I would encourage others to do the same as well. The more people in the gem community speaking out against this the more eBay will be forced to act.

I am currently still communicating with Diamondsbydino. They asked me to provide them with a email address so that they could send me a photo of the GIA report. I kindly reminded them that eBay has a add pictures button on their messaging system. I will report back later with more info!

Great work kroshka and Kenny! The more stolen pictures we can find the better!
~Justin

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It's really not so clear cut LD.
In cases where people have stolen our photos it took MONTHS (literally) to get eBay to take action.
I brought up the fact we'd listed the item for x months ( but we do 30 day listings then re-list so they did not allow this bit of evidence)
OK, I said, what about the fact that our listings contain thousands of photos that have similar characteristics, this joker hos ONE picture that looks like this.
Nope.
Basically they erect a 20 foot high wall, and make you jump over it with proof.
I think the smartest most efficient way I've found is to contact the seller that stole the photos and let them know you caught them.
Sometimes the offending seller changes tact ( steals someone else's photo) after they learn they've been caught.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1353447500|3311352 said:

In cases where people have stolen our photos it took MONTHS (literally) to get eBay to take action.
I brought up the fact we'd listed the item for x months ( but we do 30 day listings then re-list so they did not allow this bit of evidence)
OK, I said, what about the fact that our listings contain thousands of photos that have similar characteristics, this joker hos ONE picture that looks like this.
Nope.
I think the smartest most efficient way I've found is to contact the seller that stole the photos and let them know you caught them.
Sometimes the offending seller changes tact ( steals someone else's photo) after they learn they've been caught.

David unfortunately I know this - and agree with you. However, they have stolen a private photo from Charmypoo which is altogether a different case! At the end of the day these are fraudulent Ebay listings for the simple fact that they don't have these items to sell.

If Ebay do anything I'll be surprised BUT it's worth a shot. Surely there must be an organisation in the US that takes action against companies like this?????

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is such an organisation in the US- and I'd suspect that any such agency would be over-run.
You mentioned Charmy's photo.....interesting point...do you believe that stealing a private photo from an individual is different than stealing one from a commercial organization?
Is there a legal difference in the UK?

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
LD|1353447993|3311360 said:
Rockdiamond|1353447500|3311352 said:

Nope.

David unfortunately I know this - and agree with you. However, they have stolen a private photo from Charmypoo which is altogether a different case! At the end of the day these are fraudulent Ebay listings for the simple fact that they don't have these items to sell.

If Ebay do anything I'll be surprised BUT it's worth a shot. Surely there must be an organisation in the US that takes action against companies like this?????

I'm not sure what the difference would be between an individuals photos and a companies.

And I believe lawyers would be the only "organization" willing to help. Of course for a fee ;-)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1353448424|3311366 said:
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is such an organisation in the US- and I'd suspect that any such agency would be over-run.
You mentioned Charmy's photo.....interesting point...do you believe that stealing a private photo from an individual is different than stealing one from a commercial organization?

I don't know if Charmy had this ring made for her but if she did it's a one of a kind. Therefore they simply CANNOT have that ring for sale. So to use it in a listing is fraudulent. That IS against Ebay's policies.

The fact that Charmy posted it on here and it's not copyrighted does mean that legally there's no recourse regarding stealing the picture. HOWEVER, in the UK you can't advertise something for sale you haven't got (unless of course you've had it and sold out). That's why I asked the question about what happens in the US.

BTW David, I think they've used one of your photos (see my earlier post). EDIT: Yes, they have! This is from your website and see above for the link to their Ebay auction:
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-earrings-natural-orange-and-pink-diamond-halo-dangle-gia-r3911

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's proof they stole another pic.

This eBay listing by diamondsbydino shows a pic of this oval blue diamond.
They must really be morons, the diamond they are selling is 8 ct, but the pic is of an 18 ct diamond.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-24-Ct-Natural-Fancy-Gray-Oval-Engagement-GIA-Diamond-Anniversary-Platinum-950-/271019530992?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item3f1a05daf0

If you google oval blue diamond you'll see several places on the Internet show the same pic saying it was for sale by Chopard, since it is so valuable it is a news item.
Since it must be sold it is not currently on Chopard's website, but here it is on Forbe's website and they credit it to Chopard.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/10/02/jewels-world-pricey-forbeslife-cx_ls_1003style_slide_2.html

Here are the two pics side by side:

screen_shot_2012-11-20_at_3.png

screen_shot_2012-11-20_at_0.png

screen_shot_2012-11-20_at_1.png

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1353451749|3311424 said:

Amazing!!
Also when Sothbey's sold it the weight was 11 ct.
Apparently Dino polished away 8 carats because he now lists the same diamond for 3 ct.
Whata guy!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm certain I've seen this pic too, but have not found the source yet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Three-3-Stone-CornFlower-Blue-Asscher-Cut-Kite-Sapphire-Diamond-950-Ring-/271019531011?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item3f1a05db03

IIRC it was for sale at Graff, Tiffany or Neiman Marcus.
I'm sure I've posted this pic on PS before.
I even remember how I noticed the prongs were not centered on the corner facets.

July of 2010 I posted this diamond pic, but since I lifted it directly from Harry Winston's site it is much more clear.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamonds-vs-sapphires-of-the-same-color.147067/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamonds-vs-sapphires-of-the-same-color.147067/[/URL]

screen_shot_2012-11-20_at_2.png

bb.png

azs.png

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny - I found it here:

http://www.finegoldjewellery.net/engagement-rings/18k-white-or-yellow-gold-100ct-blue-diamond-asscher-cut-ring.html

and here

http://www.blue-diamond-rings.co.uk/blue-diamond-asscher-ring---1ct-178-p.asp

and lookie here ............ the one on the left with the pink sides .......... this is the one they have for sale on Ebay! Another auction record breaker! WOW Diamondsbydino are incredibly well connected aren't they?

http://thejewelryloupe.com/why-blue-diamonds-are-blue-recent-tests-on-the-hope-diamond/

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LD|1353449612|3311388 said:
Rockdiamond|1353448424|3311366 said:

I don't know if Charmy had this ring made for her but if she did it's a one of a kind. Therefore they simply CANNOT have that ring for sale. So to use it in a listing is fraudulent. That IS against Ebay's policies.

The fact that Charmy posted it on here and it's not copyrighted does mean that legally there's no recourse regarding stealing the picture. HOWEVER, in the UK you can't advertise something for sale you haven't got (unless of course you've had it and sold out). That's why I asked the question about what happens in the US.

BTW David, I think they've used one of your photos (see my earlier post). EDIT: Yes, they have! This is from your website and see above for the link to their Ebay auction:
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-earrings-natural-orange-and-pink-diamond-halo-dangle-gia-r3911

Thanks LD. They're also listed on our eBay store- so it's direct violation.
The audacity of some people is amazing.
Let's see what, if anything eBay does.
If anyone does contact eBay, I have the original hi res photos they stole, time stamped 5/5/2011
Also the info on the first time we listed them on eBay - which looks like 11/9/2011
Personally I feel that , as a tradesperson who wants to see this type of thing cleaned up- my time is better spent advising consumers on PS, and other venues like this- as opposed to the hours it will take getting eBay on the phone, much less getting anything done about it.

But I hope something does get done- it's bad for consumers and sellers alike when sellers misrepresent

eta- I did find the "report listing button and file an eBay report which took only a few moments.
I feel so much better- they even told me in big red letters not to report it again.
We'll see.......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results