shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Violetphoenix- your ring is inspiring- the organic flow and bold colors are luxurious and rich.

Niel- what a tantalizing spinel! Love the cut. I can't wait for you to set it- you have the most incredible eye for three stone proportions... and I am a huge fan of red spinel, as well.

Qbitasaurus- congrats on a lovely ring- Paraiba is on my bucket list one day.

Lisa RN- wee on your spess! I bought my first recently- just ~1 carat I think- but the sunny goodness cheers me up! I'm a November birthday and always wanted an orange gem, these garnets really spoke to me. Did you mention your plans?? I'm putting mine in one of Yvonne's camellia's with her rubies I am so fond of.

K1bgra- wow- lovely soft pink blush diamond- wow.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, organic ring Violetphoenix!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi Sungura, I've been surreptitiously snapping pictures all day (trying to get in-focus pictures of the ring, while at least looking like I am concentrating on the meeting). These were the best I could get, hope that is ok. If I could go back and have the setting made again I would consider making the ends of the prongs more claw like, instead of blunt. I might also have made the shank of the ring have a bit more of a knife edge effect, just in the part of the setting near the edge of the marquisette shaped segments. Style somewhat similar to this link, but less pronounced

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/tiffany-wedding-band-GRP00379

Violetpheonix I love the color of that stone, it is surreal.

Thanks apacherose!

imag0243.jpg

_35094.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning rings Violetphoenix and Qubitasaurus :love: :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1446145945|3943546 said:
Stunning rings Violetphoenix and Qubitasaurus :love: :love:

+1

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending this red spinel back because sometimes it looks like the second picture. Maybe I am too picky?

Outdoors: 072_0.jpg

Inside daylight- no lights on inside: 066_0.jpg

Inside- under low watt LED light: 025_4.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nope, you're not too picky! Did you tell us where the stone is from and how it compared to vendor pics?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, based on the pics I really lurve that Red Spinel step-cut...

LisaRN, if you really don't care for it and are returning it, any chance you can let us know the vendor and stone details?

S

SparkliesLuver

LisaRN said:
Sending this red spinel back because sometimes it looks like the second picture. Maybe I am too picky?

I think it's okay to be picky, Lisa. ;-) If you're not completely loving it, then I'd send it back. Are the pictures accurate for color?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

That red spinel is luscious.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm|1446165651|3943660 said:
Wow, based on the pics I really lurve that Red Spinel step-cut...

LisaRN, if you really don't care for it and are returning it, any chance you can let us know the vendor and stone details?

Sure. Let me contact him first- which will be on Monday because I work long days this weekend. Here are more pics. The pics are accurate for color. It looks very nice most of the time. It is only occasionally that it looks like the last pic and that is the color I do not like. Is it not saturated enough and that is why it looks like this sometimes? I guess that is my expectation and I might be biased due to my Mahenges.

Best light:
060_0.jpg

In a shadow- very glowy:
073.jpg

By the window, cloudy day:

007_11.jpg

Indoors- low wattage LED's.
026_1.jpg

Breezeway- this is the color I do not like. It looks like this in a middle of a room with no overhead lights, and about 10 feet away from windows.
010_11.jpg

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock

Thank you LisaRN, ilovegemstones, qubitasarus, Acinom, Lovesvintage for the compliments. This ring definitely is an attention grabber which i'm not used to, especially with the neon color of the stone that I sees most of times, yikes!! but for some reasons the tourn. showed up softer in these pics (which I really prefer)

LisaRN - I really like your red spinel, especially in that cut! I don't know much about spinels' colors so I better not comment on its color variations and its quality, but I see that the colors you show here, in different lightings, are exactly the color variations I also found in my Luc Yen red spinel I bought Few months ago. My first reactions when I received my stone were: surprised and confused on how different it looked in different lightings and then disappointments, sad :(( Then, I had the opportunity to see another red spinel that listed 3x more than mine and saw that it also had similar color variations, I felt better. I also asked my stone vendor to give me more time so I could have it certified and see if I'm OK with it's being not an "ideal" red all the times. Now that it's set into a ring...it' just gorgeous, gorgeous,, and that's all I see now.

Remember, most red spinel pictures you and I seen on the vendors' websites and even from this forum probably were taken under ideal lightings. I also found, different colors may due the origins of the stones. If you like the look of it most of the times, then I think you should ask the seller to let you hold on to it for few more days to see if you could get used to its moods. in my opinion, it's a beautiful red spinel. Good luck and wish you a happy ending (with your own decision

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Unfortunately both are going back...
Very nice stones, just not what I expect.

img_9745.jpg

img_0716.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

On the other hand...received 2 great stones :bigsmile:
one mahenge, one burmese.

img_9746.jpg

img_9749.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

forgot to mention this mahenge orangy red...and this lavender pink...

img_9750.jpg

img_6456_______.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL, I'm feeling like we need more details, please... ;-)

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful stones OTL... love your keepers! Yes, more info on them please.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

My stackers have arrived. :) Overall, I love them...just one very minor detail where the polished bezels have very small eye visible air holes or divets? Not exactly sure what they are considered, but for the price I paid, it doesn't bother me. They are solidly constructed and I don't see any other eye visible issues anywhere else. The faceted red spinel is not high quality and is full of inclusions and had enough of them spread around to be interesting enough for me to keep for the price and color (imagine red frozen ice). The hackmanite cab is pretty cool as y'all will see. The silver twist ring was a bonus given to me because the rings took longer to make than what I was promised, even though I never gave her a deadline. Both rings were custom made in 14K rose gold with hammered shanks. Just a casual, fun set of rings to wear together or alone.

img_20151031_103502_2.jpg

img_20151031_103439.jpg

img_20151101_080810.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

NKOTB|1446341451|3944357 said:
OTL, I'm feeling like we need more details, please... ;-)
_lovesvintage_ said:
Beautiful stones OTL... love your keepers! Yes, more info on them please.

Sorry ladies! Here are the details:

the cushion mahenge pink on the left is 1.7ct, face up fairly large. Looks like a 2ct.
The oval burmese slightly pinkish red on the right is 1.93ct

the orangy red spinel is from mahenge as well, 1.65ct.
and the lavender pink is also from mahenge, 1.54ct.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL I love your stones! So saturated and gorgeous!

Lovesvintage: who made your stackers? They look great! I was looking through past threads but wasn't sure which etsy seller you used.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Lovesvintage: who made your stackers? They look great! I was looking through past threads but wasn't sure which etsy seller you used.

Hi lovedogs. :wavey: The Etsy seller is nadinessra and she is based out of Jerusalem, Israel. Very reasonable prices and she was wonderful to work with if you are giving her a custom project she has never done yet. I believe that is what happened in my situation. She was not offering her stackers in gold yet in her store. Below is a pic of the profile and a close up to try and show the minor divets on the bezel. Just wanted to be clearer so you can have a more accurate idea of what I am seeing and be better informed. She also stamps her shanks with the gold value. She works in 18K and 22K as well.

img_20151102_231802.jpg

img_20151102_231915.jpg

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My heated only burmese ruby set in new ring setting. I was very excited when it was picked as jewel of the week :).

ru9.jpg
ru17.jpg
ru16_-_edited.jpg
dsc01033_-_edited.jpg
ru8.jpg
aigs.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_lovesvintage_|1446528979|3945037 said:

Hi lovedogs. :wavey: The Etsy seller is nadinessra and she is based out of Jerusalem, Israel. Very reasonable prices and she was wonderful to work with if you are giving her a custom project she has never done yet. I believe that is what happened in my situation. She was not offering her stackers in gold yet in her store. Below is a pic of the profile and a close up to try and show the minor divets on the bezel. Just wanted to be clearer so you can have a more accurate idea of what I am seeing and be better informed. She also stamps her shanks with the gold value. She works in 18K and 22K as well.

Thanks for the info! They are very delicate and look great on you! I don't mind stuff like the divets on the bezel, especially since her prices seem so fair.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Yw lovedogs. Yes, they look very delicate, but won't break. :)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Lovesvintage- thank you for sharing your stackers, the setting detail shots, and vendor- they look great and I've wished for settings like that for some casual rings- love the handmade look of them, I'd easily forgive those 'imperfections' as just rustic and handmade, ya know? Overall the bezels look beautiful and nicely made- I bet you will get tons of enjoyment out of those rings, thank you again for sharing!

OTL- your gems are beautiful! I love the pink/lavender especially. Sorry if I missed them, but, plans?

Userang, I adore seeing pics of your lovely ruby in that romantic ring!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Violetphoenix I've admired that ring for awhile..so glad you bought it and it looks even nicer in person!
LisaRN - Red Spinels do shift a bit in different lights. I love it but depends on what light you will wear it most in?
Userangl - love the ruby - perfect color and setting
Lovesvintage - I'm a stack ring addict and yours are motivating to get around to having some made
OTL - killer gorgeous stones (but aren't all of yours?)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

I have been loving wearing these hex bezel teal tourmalines from Yvonne. I got a round that I desire to put in a similar hexagon ring from mdz. Someone please buy the Gotham teal tourmaline rose gold earrings and ring as they tempt me so much and what is with me wanting to buy many of the same gem once I know I love the color? So it is not that incredible 10k tourmine on the fb but I really like them! Edit: the mdz ring is an octagon and I do not know why my pic is sideways or how to fix! Grr•

_35159.jpg

_35161.jpg

_35162.jpg

_35160.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

apacherose: love those hex earrings! So awesome and they look great on you!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

apacherose: love the earrings, and LOVE your hair!!! :)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Lovedogs, thanks! NKOTB, thanks; lol I love the purple too but it only lasts a wash or so!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results