shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel-ing Rhodolite/Umbalite Garnet - pls help with first project!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yes PT and SDL - how did you miss this..?
41.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 10:38:13 PM
Author: bling addict
Hi AJ

What a dilemma you have - I love both designs!! Coati''s ring is stunning -- but I also really love the leaf design!! I would think that the leaves would just be at more of an angle reaching up to the stone - the leaves would still be visible I think - but yeah I think because the stone covers quite a bit of your finger, that the leaves/or not leaves if you get one like Coati''s ring - will still be at a different angle to accommodate the size stone you have in relation to your ring size...

I''m not sure I am making sense, or being helpful -- I love the leaves
1.gif
Hi BA - gotcha, you like the leaves - the rest, I''m not so sure ...
3.gif
2.gif

Just kidding, thanks hon for your input.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the list - how could I have missed such a deadly Gorgeous!!!!!

I was about to go to bed, then I opened this thread... I guess my dream will be rosy red tonight!

I need to phone Gene, I want one too!!!

Date: 2/18/2009 12:18:37 AM
Author: arjunajane
41.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:17:50 AM
Date: 2/17/2009 9:54:28 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 2/17/2009 8:05:01 PM

Author: Chrono

A couple of things will work in you favour:

The ring isn''t flat.
9.gif
The stone will be raised off the finger which will give you some mm space.

How large (mm) is the leaf? Knowing that will help decide whether to keep the leaf or toss it out.

Ditto - I was going to say the same, but Chrono already said it for me
1.gif

AJ I love where you went with the setting for your garnet - it''s going to be so lovely! Do you know how long it will take them to make the ring?

Good luck!

Hi BEG, thanks for your thoughts.

I am sad, its gonna take about another 2 or 3 weeks
7.gif
Infact we haven''t even started yet - but I can understand as the jeweller is in Melbourne where those terrible fires have been, and they have friends in crisis etc - so in this instance I could let my jewellery desires take the back seat, lol
2.gif

Oh no! Yeah, that''s terrible about the fires - I hope their friends and everyone else is alright. You''ll have to keep us updated on what you decide though - I''m so looking forward to seeing the finished project!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 1:11:36 AM
Author: yingh
Add me to the list - how could I have missed such a deadly Gorgeous!!!!!

I was about to go to bed, then I opened this thread... I guess my dream will be rosy red tonight!

I need to phone Gene, I want one too!!!

41.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hi yingh,
how are you..I do hope you have raspberry red dreams of umbalite candy, lol !
That sounds fun
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 1:21:28 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

41.gif
Hanging head in shame.. I just dont have as much time now for PS
39.gif
Awww sweety! **hugs**!
I will let you off..this time.... *shakes fist menacingly*
emfist.gif

lol! just kidding,
9.gif
2.gif
How are you SDL ? Are you working late shift again?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:00:17 AM

7.gif
Infact we haven''t even started yet - but I can understand as the jeweller is in Melbourne where those terrible fires have been, and they have friends in crisis etc - so in this instance I could let my jewellery desires take the back seat, lol
2.gif

Oh no! Yeah, that''s terrible about the fires - I hope their friends and everyone else is alright. You''ll have to keep us updated on what you decide though - I''m so looking forward to seeing the finished project!
Hey again,

yeah its pretty dreadful. He said they had mates/customers that had lost their lives , and they''ve been busy doing fundraising etc..so of course that takes all priority!

I should have a drawing by end of this week, then hopefully we can nail done the details and start he''ll start next week.
I have to admit though, I really am torn between the 2 designs
40.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:20:10 AM
Date: 2/18/2009 2:00:17 AM

7.gif
Infact we haven't even started yet - but I can understand as the jeweller is in Melbourne where those terrible fires have been, and they have friends in crisis etc - so in this instance I could let my jewellery desires take the back seat, lol
2.gif

Oh no! Yeah, that's terrible about the fires - I hope their friends and everyone else is alright. You'll have to keep us updated on what you decide though - I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Hey again,

yeah its pretty dreadful. He said they had mates/customers that had lost their lives , and they've been busy doing fundraising etc..so of course that takes all priority!

I should have a drawing by end of this week, then hopefully we can nail done the details and start he'll start next week.

I have to admit though, I really am torn between the 2 designs
40.gif

Oh no, that's so terrible. Definitely takes priority - it must be really tough on them
7.gif

I'm really excited for you, however, that you'll be getting drawings soon - I love the ideas you have right now. I hope the finger coverage works out so you can get the leaves! Although I do love Coati's ring...that's a tough decision! But either way, it'll be gorgeous!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BEG, I''m excited too, here''s hoping its on my finger soon - I already miss umby, lol !

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
No helpful input here, but I just wanted to say I can''t wait to see this ring! It''s going to be gorgeous, both designs look great. Oh, and love the body art pics! lol

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:13:27 AM
Author: AdiS
No helpful input here, but I just wanted to say I can''t wait to see this ring! It''s going to be gorgeous, both designs look great. Oh, and love the body art pics! lol
Thanks Adis..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Soooooooo....ummm..

Looks like I am going to go with JM for this project after alll.....
emembarrassed.gif
(sheepish)

I have to thank BEG for starting that RT thread about pricing - I had always assumed JM was way outta my price range, but it appears really not so..
I have gotten a quote from him that is more than fair imho - I will end up paying bit extra than the Aussie jeweller as there''s shipping and customs etc, but I reckon its worth it for sure.

Just need to chat with Jim to confirm a couple things, but I''m sure this is the route I will go..Glad that the jeweller here hadn''t started after all, or I would be kicking myself right now, lol !

Whoa, this project has gone from Sally, to Aussie jeweller, to JM (with a couple other quotes inbetween) - I hope this time it works out, ha!

Thankyou BEG
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it works out too AJ!!!! Either way, I can''t wait to see the finished result!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:07:45 AM
Soooooooo....ummm..

Looks like I am going to go with JM for this project after alll.....
emembarrassed.gif
(sheepish)

I have to thank BEG for starting that RT thread about pricing - I had always assumed JM was way outta my price range, but it appears really not so..

I have gotten a quote from him that is more than fair imho - I will end up paying bit extra than the Aussie jeweller as there's shipping and customs etc, but I reckon its worth it for sure.

Just need to chat with Jim to confirm a couple things, but I'm sure this is the route I will go..Glad that the jeweller here hadn't started after all, or I would be kicking myself right now, lol !

Whoa, this project has gone from Sally, to Aussie jeweller, to JM (with a couple other quotes inbetween) - I hope this time it works out, ha!

Thankyou BEG
35.gif

You're welcome dear! I'm so glad I could help!

And as for you sending the stone to Jim, here is how I feel:

cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
cheerleader1.gif

I hope my emotie works!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ahh thankyou so much Freke and BEG! I just know this is the right thing - before I was looking forward to my ring, but now I am positively excited!

BEG, here ya go love:

cheerleader1.gif

And some more to show how I feel, tee hee..

wobble2.gif
santinana.gif
egyptian.gif
thum12.gif

(its peanut butter jelly time....dance BEG!)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:37:35 AM
Ahh thankyou so much Freke and BEG! I just know this is the right thing - before I was looking forward to my ring, but now I am positively excited!

BEG, here ya go love:

cheerleader1.gif

And some more to show how I feel, tee hee..

wobble2.gif
santinana.gif
egyptian.gif
thum12.gif

(its peanut butter jelly time....dance BEG!)

Hahaha too cute!!
1.gif

santinana.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha, love it, go BEG !

3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So its all sorted! Jim has been very quick to respond to my emails -
as soon as umby is back home with me next week he will be sent off again to JM
36.gif

can't wait to see the results!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
ooh how exciting! looking forward to seeing the finished product!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:16:52 AM
ooh how exciting! looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Hi BA - I''m kinda disappointed to not be following through with K&B, but there''s always the next project
2.gif
Thankfully he understood.
I want to thank you again for their info - I imagine I will work with them at some stage as I''m impressed with their work. CS left a tiny bit to be desired, but this is understandable conisdering the stress they have in Melbs at the moment..
7.gif

I am excited to be getting the "real deal", as I did have concerns about asking them to copy the design..

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah it will be good for you to have the ''real deal''...and I will be looking forward to pics!!

When we dealt with K&B my understanding (since it was DH who dealt with them) is CS was good and always prompt - so hopefully if you decide to deal with them in the future you will experience the same
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:27:17 AM
Yeah it will be good for you to have the ''real deal''...and I will be looking forward to pics!!

When we dealt with K&B my understanding (since it was DH who dealt with them) is CS was good and always prompt - so hopefully if you decide to deal with them in the future you will experience the same
1.gif
Hey BA,
yep, I can tell from our talks that he is a great guy - I think they were just really occupied with the fires, so I''m sure this is an exception rather than the rule
5.gif

And of course, you know me, I will definately take tons of piccies!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
AJ I have to say I''m loving your new av - so bright and happy!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 5:41:24 AM
AJ I have to say I''m loving your new av - so bright and happy!
Thankyou BEG! I know some members don''t like it when we change av''s, but I can''t help it - so many photos, so lil time
3.gif
...its a lil distorted, but I''m not specky enough to fix it..meh..
cheers hon
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 7:42:48 PM
Author: coatimundi
Well now Miss, you already know how I feel about the subject!
9.gif
36.gif

Love your new avatar!

When it arrives put it in here please.
31.gif
*sigh*......drooollll...*eyes glaze over*
face9.gif

ahhhh another Coati JM fix. Just what I needed this morning....

ha! Great idea for a thread hon, I promise to add mine for sure..
Four Weeks and counting...!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks hon! Can''t wait to see yours!!

13.gif

3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:38:12 PM
Author: coatimundi
Thanks hon! Can't wait to see yours!!

13.gif

3.gif
Aghhh! Freaky Kiss Emotie - get away, nooo!
6.gif

41.gif
Just j/k, I'll takes kisses from you whenever, even if they look scary
13.gif
13.gif
13.gif

Ok, done with the mush folks, sorry
emembarrassed.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:59:09 PM

Date: 2/18/2009 3:17:04 AM

Date: 2/18/2009 1:21:28 AM

41.gif
Hanging head in shame.. I just dont have as much time now for PS
39.gif
Awww sweety! **hugs**!
I will let you off..this time.... *shakes fist menacingly*
emfist.gif

lol! just kidding,
9.gif
2.gif
How are you SDL ? Are you working late shift again?
No, worse, day shift. I think I got more seen when I was working until 0300!! I''m ok.. tired.. have a hideous cold in my face.. I really want a pink stone like yours.. sigh. Someday.. but first, I want to buy Steve a ring (another one? so this will be his THIRD wedding band) so he won''t have to be worried about trashing his first wedding band.. what a waste of money
7.gif
I have my eye on either one by WF or, Simply Sapphires has some smaller sapphires (three of them) I would maybe like to purchase (later with over time money) and then get a couple diamonds and have WF make him a sapphire & diamond wedding band with channel set stones I can have resized with his weight loss (not a lot but enough yanno?).

SO.. yeah, that''s my novel for now. lol I miss being able to chit chat here more often than I have.. I miss everyone''s threads, new jewelry, etc..
7.gif
Oh SDL honey, I know how you feel (well, I can relate). After a difficult week at work, I''m often so tired all I want to do is slack off on the couch for the weekend! It doesn''t do much for my social life, lol..
I''m also starting university again this coming week, so my time on PS will need to be cut down, otherwise I''m never going to pass anything lol! I thnk its going to be somewhat of a challenge..
40.gif

I''m sorry I don''t know what happened to Steve''s first band? (as in was it damaged?)..You are sweet to be thinking about getting him more special bands - I''m lucky I guess that Fi isn''t that interested in jewellery - so I can be the hog in that area
1.gif
But sunglasses, watches etc are a different story - I can''t get him to stop stealing my Ray Bans, grrrrrh!
9.gif

Aw I have missed seeing you around more too - hopefully you will have some more "down time" coming up .
35.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Arjunajane, your Garnet is beautiful!
30.gif
The color is fantastic and the size will give you ample finger coverage. So sorry I missed this thread, but I am sure I will make up for it by visiting this thread for updates.

I have a malaya garnet that I want to set and it was because of your thread that I sent an email to Nam Chai. Sally has been very responsive and so sweet! She said that she is willing to ship the setting to me and then I would of course need to visit a local benchman for setting purposes. I suppose she is fine with this method, as she would like to go with a prong setting for the stone. We have not even talked design yet, so I do not want to get ahead of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results