shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Golconda diamond and sapphire ring

omnishambles2

Rough_Rock
Here is the rest of the 'emerald' set. Not an antique- just made in the style of. The ornaments that are now a bracelet and ring were originally side-pieces of the pendant strung on strands of tiny pearls. I thought it looked messy and distracting.

The 'ruby' set also I wear with the gold rope shown. They match the bangles I already own. The bangles are the first major piece of jewelry my parents bought for me- I was in 5th grade at the time and it was the most expensive piece of jewelry they had bought until then. It was bought on a trip to Channai at the famous Vummidiars Jewellers.

_15289.jpg

_15293.jpg

_15294.jpg

omnishambles2

Rough_Rock
Some of the other smaller 'pendant sets' of colored stone jewelry - both bought at Indian jewelers in the US.the first in a more South Indian style and the second a more 'muslimish' style.

_15295.jpg

_15296.jpg

omnishambles2

Rough_Rock
This last is not colored stone but all uncut diamond set but an antique.

_15297.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Wow, OS2, you've got some nice pieces of jewelry! I love your ruby-ish bangles, and the sets you have are nice. I like the way you made a ring and bracelet from parts of the pendant. They turned out well. I didn't realize Indian people like pearls so much, but they seem to be in almost all the jewelry. And in all the pieces of jewelry we saw, not a sapphire in sight! Lol

Wow, the wedding photos - I love the henna tattooing on Susanne Khan's hands. And the power couple, Rai-Bachachan.. all those green stones in Abishek's necklace- do you suppose they are emerald? There sure are a lot...and they're big! Must've been some wedding!

Abishek's father, Amitabh, is in the movie "Gatsby" - he's crossed over into western (non Bollywood) movies! (I'm sure you know, just FYI for anyone else who's curious.) (photo below)

It's a big, interesting world.....

Thanks!

_15322.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OS2,
Gorgeous sets! Don't forget to get induce a drool fest by also posting these in the High Karat Gold thread in the Jewellery Forum section of PS. I'm sure they will be well appreciated there too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results