carat
color
clarity

Final fitting pics

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
Dreamer,

I don't like Mrs. either, I don't really know why. Put people at work are already saying "and she will be a Mrs. soon..." I am sure I will get used to it. I am very excited to be getting married, and I feel very lucky and blessed to be marring such a wonderful man. It is just the title stuff I have to get use too. But you know what is funny, I am not using Dr. or Mrs. either, we are just going to be introduced as "the bride and groom myfirstname and hisfirstname" the DJ came up with that, and everyone is happy with it.

On an unrelated subject, after my FI wrote Leon's assistant about the box, he never received a reply....the box just showed up in the mail today. That just made me laugh.

We did something like that too.

Leon :lol: ... I am tempted to work with him just for the stories!

Your wedding is in like a week!! Oh it is such a fun day. You will love it. The ceremony for us was so intense, such an amazing moment and time. Be sure to take it all in. We are not spiritual people, but for us that ceremony was probably the most connected and emotional thing I felt next to the birth of my son (though the latter was more like being totally stoned it was so bizarre and intense, so maybe the wedding was on balance more serious ::) )

Do you leave for the honeymoon right away?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
LtlFirecracker said:
Dreamer,

I don't like Mrs. either, I don't really know why. Put people at work are already saying "and she will be a Mrs. soon..." I am sure I will get used to it. I am very excited to be getting married, and I feel very lucky and blessed to be marring such a wonderful man. It is just the title stuff I have to get use too. But you know what is funny, I am not using Dr. or Mrs. either, we are just going to be introduced as "the bride and groom myfirstname and hisfirstname" the DJ came up with that, and everyone is happy with it.

On an unrelated subject, after my FI wrote Leon's assistant about the box, he never received a reply....the box just showed up in the mail today. That just made me laugh.

We did something like that too.

Leon :lol: ... I am tempted to work with him just for the stories!

Your wedding is in like a week!! Oh it is such a fun day. You will love it. The ceremony for us was so intense, such an amazing moment and time. Be sure to take it all in. We are not spiritual people, but for us that ceremony was probably the most connected and emotional thing I felt next to the birth of my son (though the latter was more like being totally stoned it was so bizarre and intense, so maybe the wedding was on balance more serious ::) )

Do you leave for the honeymoon right away?

I am sure the ceremony will be intense, I will have to remember to slow down and enjoy it. I have to remember not to stress out! We are also planning a surprise for FI's aunt. Last week, gave me her garter from 25 years ago, he caught it as a kid. He wanted me to toss it! I was not so sure about that so I called future MIL and asked what the aunt (her sister) would want. We are now going to toss another garter, and than he is going to take her's off me and give it back to her. Can't wait to see her reaction.

For the honeymoon, we will stick around for the day after the wedding and go on a wine tour with a few people. After the tour, we will drive to the bay area, stay in a hotel next to the airport, and fly out the next day.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I had to peek over here for the first time in a long while to look after your wedding, Ltl. Cannot believe it is only one week away. Enjoy enjoy enjoy... it goes by way too quickly. You look absolutely elegant and amazing in your dress. :love: Sigh.. so happy for you!

re: the name change. I did it about a year after our wedding, right before graduating med school. It seemed like it was a good time to "start over" with the new name. Now that baby #1 will be arriving in the next couple months, I am glad that we will be one cohesive name unit!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
icekid said:
I had to peek over here for the first time in a long while to look after your wedding, Ltl. Cannot believe it is only one week away. Enjoy enjoy enjoy... it goes by way too quickly. You look absolutely elegant and amazing in your dress. :love: Sigh.. so happy for you!

re: the name change. I did it about a year after our wedding, right before graduating med school. It seemed like it was a good time to "start over" with the new name. Now that baby #1 will be arriving in the next couple months, I am glad that we will be one cohesive name unit!

Thanks for the nice complements. Well, now I just found out if I don't change my name on my marriage license, I will have to get a court order to change it, and it will never be changed on my marriage license. Oh well, I don't think there is much I can do about it now. I have a feeling I am going to change it in the next year or two.

You are due in that soon??? How exciting. I can't wait to hear about your little one!

I am leaving for my FI's house right after work tomorrow and we are flying to California on Wednesday. Probably won't be posting for a couple of weeks, but hopefully when I do I will have at least some non-pro pics.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a WONDERFUL time!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ditto and congratulations! wishing you all the best!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results