shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Yellow Gold Bezel Halo (1.09 center)

kat08

Rough_Rock
My new ring is here!! :appl: It's a yellow gold bezel halo with a 1.09 center diamond (roughly 6.7mm before bezeling), J color, VS2, GIA XXX. I took a couple pictures, and I'll post more later. It was hard to take a pic of my own hand! I'll see if I can get a better one once my dh is home. My ring size is a 5.

yg-bezel-halo.jpg

yg-bezel-halo-hand.jpg

Congratulations! It's so pretty~~~~ :appl:

STUNNING!!!

Congrats and enjoy!

It's just beautiful and I love the contrast with the YG. Congratulations!!

Thanks so much! I was a little worried about how much sparkle I'd lose with a bezel, but so far it's sparkling beautifully. And they really made the bezel thin like I wanted. I'm meeting a friend for drinks tonight, and I wonder if she'll notice my new setting… it's too bad she's not into diamonds (all my close friends are academic types who aren't into bling :cry: ) , so I can't really show it off. That's why I love you guys! I have somewhere to share my love of sparkly things! :D

GORGEOUS! :love:

It is beautiful!!! I love yellow gold, and it looks gorgeous on you!!!

I have a few more pics. :naughty: I'll get some more hand shots soon.

My daughter helped me get a profile pic. And to make my awesome daughter happy (she's 8 and looking over my shoulder), I'm going to add an emoticon that she picks… :lickout:

My thoughts so far on the diamond and a bezel:
I have a 59% table so I was expecting it to be brighter versus fiery. But interestingly, it seems more fiery to me! There seem to be more intense fiery flashes with deeper colors than I remember with my other diamond. Also, because of the yellow gold bezel, I see fiery flashes of deep yellow more often, especially indoors, which are very pretty to me. Can a bezel make a diamond look more fiery? Or am I just imagining it, lol? I only have my memory to go by of the other diamond. Overall, it's a nice bright diamond, although maybe a tad darker in some situations than my other diamond. I'm enjoying my new stone. It definitely has its own personality.

The diamond is a J and it looks very white outside. The faint florescence probably helps. Sometimes it even leans a little blue to my eye, which I wasn't expecting with just a faint florescence, but I really like. Indoors, it looks white, or a lovely antique white/cream, depending on the lighting.

I just wanted to add my thoughts since before I got my ring, I really wondered how a yellow gold bezel would affect a diamond. I'll add more thoughts later, if there's anything new to add, as I continue to get to know my ring.

yg-bezel-halo-2.jpg

yg-bezel-halo-3.jpg

yg-bezel-halo-4.jpg

Kat, I really love that gold bezel. I've been staring at the SingleStone gold bezels and am trying to figure out if I have the guts to go for one. That is gorgeous. Gives it such a luxurious feel, if you can get that from a ring. And the center looks fabulously white too!! :love: :love:

Wow -- I LOVE that! Gorgeous, gorgeous setting, and yellow gold is my favorite! Enjoy that beauty!

It's really beautiful! Is it from BGD? It looks like one of their settings. Just gorgeous! :love:

Love Yellow Gold. Beautiful Ring!

It's so pretty!

I am really surprised that its not a bigger diamond - it sure looks bigger than 1 ct in that halo and it is a beautiful ring at that. There is something so lovely about yellow gold and diamonds. :praise:

It's beautiful!! :love: :appl:

Hey, you made Jewel of the Week!! Woo-Hoo!

1921765gi8123j4c.gif

I adore halos and yours is just gorgeous!! Love the style of the setting and the yg - and your diamond really does look bigger than a carat - great finger coverage too!! :appl:

Oh wow.. the yellow gold really makes it pop!! It's wonderful!!! :love:
Enjoy it!!!

Ooh! Lovely! The halo really makes your diamond pop!
Enjoy your new bling!

Thanks so much everyone! I was excited to see that my ring was chosen for Jewel of the Week! :D

I went out with my friend last night, and she noticed and complimented my ring on her own. I think this ring style has more presence on my hand, and I still can't get over how fiery and high contrast the diamond is. It's just very colorful in general--it's a magnet for colors around it--in so many types of light. That's been a pleasant surprise!

LLJsmom|1386364671|3569024 said:
Kat, I really love that gold bezel. I've been staring at the SingleStone gold bezels and am trying to figure out if I have the guts to go for one. That is gorgeous. Gives it such a luxurious feel, if you can get that from a ring. And the center looks fabulously white too!! :love: :love:

I definitely love the look of a yellow gold bezel (and yellow gold in general). With a yellow gold bezel, the diamond will sometimes pick up some of the yellow color, depending on the lighting. I don't mind that, though, and was expecting it. I love a warm look. If you do get one, I can't wait to see it!

ETA: If you're curious about the effect of a yg bezel on color, I did calibrate the colors for the photos, so the photos should be close to real life.

Super Fabulous!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Hubba bubba! I'm not a yellow gold kinda girl but I looooove that! :shock: Congrats on your new ring!!

Lovely :love:

Just beautiful! The setting of my engagement ring is yellow gold.For a long while, most settings I saw were platinum and white gold and I am glad that I am seeing more yellow gold settings because I think that yellow gold and diamonds look fabulous together.

It's beautiful! I personally love diamonds in yg and agree that it makes them pop! Enjoy your gorgeous new ring :appl:

It is SO beautiful. :love: I've been thinking about getting a yellow gold e-ring, as I wear mostly yellow gold, but rarely see them where I live. Your ring makes me think yellow gold really is the right choice for me. Thanks so much for sharing!

Amazing!! This is definitely my favorite type of halo. So clean and gorgeous. Yellow gold isn't normally my style but I just LOVE this!!

It's beautiful!

Smith1942|1386372997|3569108 said:
It's really beautiful! Is it from BGD? It looks like one of their settings. Just gorgeous! :love:

Thank you! It's from Brilliant Earth.

minousbijoux|1386387512|3569258 said:
I am really surprised that its not a bigger diamond - it sure looks bigger than 1 ct in that halo and it is a beautiful ring at that. There is something so lovely about yellow gold and diamonds. :praise:

:D It looks bigger to me, too! I'm loving the size. At one point, I'd worried if it would be too big on my finger, silly me! It looks just right.

JLW05|1386472024|3569872 said:
Just beautiful! The setting of my engagement ring is yellow gold.For a long while, most settings I saw were platinum and white gold and I am glad that I am seeing more yellow gold settings because I think that yellow gold and diamonds look fabulous together.

I'm also enjoying seeing all the variety for metal colors these days! There are some styles that I do prefer in a white metal, but I'm a big fan of warmer metals in general; it just looks better with my skin tone. I could probably wear something like unplated white gold, but grayer-toned metals like platinum tend to wash me out.

RayNay111|1386559152|3570267 said:
It is SO beautiful. :love: I've been thinking about getting a yellow gold e-ring, as I wear mostly yellow gold, but rarely see them where I live. Your ring makes me think yellow gold really is the right choice for me. Thanks so much for sharing!

If you wear mostly yellow gold anyway, I bet you'd love a yg e-ring!

And thanks everyone for your comments and letting me share!

Beautiful and congratulations on jewel of the week! The yellow gold really makes the halo stand out (in a great way). Wear that beauty with pride!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP