shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your old/new/borrowed/blue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...

What will yours be???

Old- Piece of christening dress sewn into a little handkerchief
New- well, lots... dress, veil, etc
Borrowed- Still don''t know....
Blue- Either shoes or blue ribbon on garter

old: pearl necklace from the 1930''s
blue: my bridesmaids and maid of honour
new: my dress
borrowed: likely a handkerchief to keep in my purse from my mom

Don''t have an idea for borrowed and blue yet but I plan on wearing this diamond and pearl drop necklace that my great grandmother gave to me. I just sorta re-discovered it and it would be perfect to wear at my wedding.

I can imagine that I will probably do blue shoes since I think that idea is really cute. I love unexpected splashes of color!

oh fun...

old: when we were younger my FI gave me a promise ring which over time grew to a .50 with 2 .25 pears on the side and he had a 18k gold band as well and so im going to be tying these to my bouquet we''ve had them since i was 17 so 5 years (not so old, but still old)
new: my dress and entire outfit
borrowed: still need to figure it out.... im thinking my moms handkerchief or my cousins hair piece
blue:sapphire and diamond band my FI gave me for Christmas this year

New---- the whole outfit

Old--- either my father''s arm band that he wore at his first communion and that I wore in my hair at mine, or my Tiger Eye rosary that he gave to me when I was a child.

Borrowed--- Not a clue

Blue--- I dunno, but i''ll get some in there somewhere

Sixpence--- ready to be taped into my shoe!

I started a thread on this a while back. I may still have been a LIW at the time... Hmmm. But now that my wedding is less than 6 months away I need to really start figuring this stuff out!

Old: I''m not sure. FI''s mom told him she has a string of her grandmothers pearls that she wants to offer to me to wear but he said he thinks they might be too long and not really formal enough. I haven''t seen them yet though so we''ll see. Or I might wear something of my grandmothers... I have a few pieces of her jewelry that are nice. Or maybe I''ll go get me a nice piece of antique jewelry to wear!

New: Dress, veil, etc...

Borrowed: I have no idea! I''ll ask my mom if she has anything neat!

Blue: I''m probably going to wear the sapphire and diamond ring that FI gave to me for Christmas last year.

Fun!

Old: ering stone - OEC from FI''s family
New: dress, veil, etc
Borrowed: I have no idea! I may not have something borrowed
Blue: fab blue shoes!

Something Old? No idea
Something New? Hopefully some new bling
31.gif
, but most likely my whole ensemble.
Something Borrowed? No idea
Something Blue - I will be wearing blue shoes and possibly blue nailpolish :D

As you can tell I am really prepared
25.gif

Old: A clustered pearl earring of my grandmother''s, used as a clasp on my dress
New: Dress my mother made me
Borrowed: My mother''s veil
Blue: Shoes!!!

I like this thread!

Old: OEC diamond in my engagement ring
New: I''m not sure yet, but I plan on buying some kind of accessory the month of the wedding to make sure it''s really "new"
Borrowed: I might wear my mom''s very simple veil
Blue: My late grandfather''s sapphire class ring tied into my bouquet

Old- I have a bonnet from when I was a baby that has threads to snip and it becomes a hankie. It has a poem about it being used as a newborn and on the girls wedding day, so I will have that wrapped around the handle on my bouquet.
New- Dress, jewelry, etc.
Borrowed- Not sure about this yet
Blue- Sapphire studs FI gave me for Christmas, and I''m thinking about having my initals and wedding date embroidered in the inside back of my wedding dress in blue thread.

Old: 50s wishbone pin that belonged to my mom
New: Garter
Borrowed: My oldest sister''s hankie she carried at her wedding
Blue: An aquamarine bracelet (my birthstone) my closest-in-age older sister got me as a bridal gift

Old: Hopefully a ring I am inheriting from my grandmother
New: My attire of course! But the most brand-new thing is that my mother is making my veil :)
Borrowed: I am borrowing the string of pearls from my mother that she wore at her own wedding.
Blue: I have a sapphire and diamond ring I got from my MOH as a gift YEARS ago that I haven''t taken off since, and don''t plan to. :)

I am getting married on the same date my parents did, and my mother''s parents did, so I am wearing her pearls in order to bring as much of a generational effect as possible into my wedding. I love the significance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP