shape
carat
color
clarity

This is enough mula for a decent house in my state

My favorite - - and nationally recognized as historic - - homes in my hometown of Normal, IL are listed in the $200K to 300K range. I'd so rather have a historic property than a silly ass purse. But, hey, what do I know? I'm sure that $200K bag will keep her warm at night, keep the rain off her head, and be a tangible and worthwhile legacy for her children some day. :rolleyes:

6%20Clinton%20Place%20copy.jpg

CEDAR CREST HOME, NORMAL.jpg

1304%20S_%20Broadway%20copy.jpg

To quote the article:

"But even though the bags are expensive to begin with, this one took the cake. Even the auctioneers were surprised that the bag went for that much, saying “this was certainly an exceptional price, exceeding our highest expectations at every corner.”

If by “highest expectations” they meant “the boundaries of common sense and restraint,” then they’re absolutely right
."

LOL!

HollyS|1323475305|3078211 said:
My favorite - - and nationally recognized as historic - - homes in my hometown of Normal, IL are listed in the $200K to 300K range. I'd so rather have a historic property than a silly a$$ purse. But, hey, what do I know? I'm sure that $200K bag will keep her warm at night, keep the rain off her head, and be a tangible and worthwhile legacy for her children some day. :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to assume that whoever bought that bag already has the necessities covered... :wink2:

I mean, in a world in which some people earn not just millions, but tens of millions of dollars each year, these things happen.

And just to be clear, I'm not one of those people!

Or you could buy a lovely one bedroom in downtown Chicago.

Gosh, you really do have to wonder what goes on in some people's heads.

I think Madame Bijoux bought it!

Hahah, oh of course this happened in Dallas.

at least it's not an ugly purse

luv2sparkle|1323478288|3078232 said:
I think Madame Bijoux bought it!
most likely.. :lol:

I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a purse, even if I had money to burn.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Suburban houses are so much harder to carry around & match to Jimmy Choos. They are, however, easier to shove tiny dogs into.

ETA: Can you imagine the rich lady buyer of this thing carrying around a picture of a 200K middle american home on her cell phone & showing it off to her friends INSTEAD? Oh yeah? Nice VanCleef necklace ... but look what *I* just picked up in Boise ...

I live in Scotland, so I'll have to take the purse, thanks. It's just too far to travel to use the pool.... :bigsmile:

Some of these houses are beautiful, though. Really lovely.

ETA I just looked at the bag. It's also really lovely, but sadly, it wouldn't buy you a broom cupboard in Edinburgh. ;))

Jennifer W|1323596627|3079094 said:
I live in Scotland, so I'll have to take the purse, thanks. It's just too far to travel to use the pool.... :bigsmile:

Some of these houses are beautiful, though. Really lovely.

ETA I just looked at the bag. It's also really lovely, but sadly, it wouldn't buy you a broom cupboard in Edinburgh. ;))

It wouldn't buy you a birdhouse in London. :nono:

I'm gonna have to take the bag folks :cheeky:

Gawd I'm moving to Illinois :love:

If you live in London, I think the bag would be the better investment. :bigsmile: It could probably get you a small cottage in our village, but you'd have to do a lot of work to it.

It shouldn't surprise or shock anyone....it's simply another manifestation of The Second Gilded Age we currently inhabit....

It's not ugly, but it's nothing special. I *might* buy it if it had a 10 carat diamond charm on it... but more than likely I'd buy the knockoff and spend the other $202,950 on something more substantial. Like a world cruise and ice cream!

Yes, I'd pay off the balance on my house, then the world cruise and ice cream. Ice cream for everyone!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP