shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

ello - wow, amazing job with the pumping!!! I BF for a long time - we just weaned a week ago at 23 months - but there is no way I would have had the fortitude or persistence to pump for anywhere near as long as you did! Apparently cycles whilst lactating vary wildly between women, I had a Mirena from 7 weeks PP but had no idea what my cycles would do after it came out. It was removed when my daughter was 19 months old and my cycles were about 35-36 days initially (on 2 BFs a day) and then I dropped to one feed the cycle that I got pregnant and that cycle would have been about 32 days. Anyway, none of this makes any difference to you, it's just me rambling. I'm very sorry to hear of your chemical pregnancies and really hope that you will have better luck next cycle, hugs.

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, Pancake this is me giving you a high 5 for breastfeeding until 23 months. You go girl!!! You should be very proud of your hard work. When I had my last chemical (while weaning) I decided to stop pumping around 18 months because I thought it was the reason I was having mid cycle spotting and wanted to get my body back to normal. I know that this varies from person to person as I know many ladies that got pregnant while breastfeeding. So far my schedules are nuts. I guess my body needs more time to adjust after breastfeeding. I was so irritated at the grocery store today. There were lots of mommies with 4 to 5 kids blocking the aisles (ages 1 to 8). It was funny and crazy with kids running around & lots of laughter. I could not help but be a little resentful-sad that some of us have to walk to hard road to TTC. It's worth it...I only hope that the experience will make us stronger. :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

ello, I can imagine it must feel like you have already gone through so much to have your precious LO and the road to where you are now has been so tough as it is; I remember working in neonatal paediatrics and watching families go through the experience of having an extremely prem baby and just FEELING for them so much whilst not really having any REAL idea of what it was like. I hope your body rights itself quickly now that you've fully weaned and I'm barracking for you (Australianism!) and your little family, I hope your new addition is on the way really soon.

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Pancake, what a lovely and heartfelt message. Please know that I have your back as well, always! The 3.5 month NICU experience was emotional and scary but it is so amazing to be parents to this miracle boy that I'm whiling to go through it again.
How are you coping at the moment?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Ello- I am so sorry about the chemical pregnancies. :nono: How are you feeling now and how is the bleeding? That was definitely a positive pregnancy test. I am so sorry. Are you planning on discussing this with your doctor soon? I know hormones can take a while to get back to normal after weaning but it seems to me that if you can get pregnant, they aren't all that far off. Maybe she can give you something to extend your luteal phase? And I don't know your story about your DS but 3.5 months in the NICU must have been so hard. Is he doing well now? I can not believe you pumped for 18 months! OMG you are my hero! Even with a premie who didn't latch? Wow! I had an easy time pumping in the beginning but at some point I just wasn't getting anything! I am going to wean her in a month or two. My cycles were irregular before getting pregnant and they are irregular now, so it's hard for me to tell if I'm still being affected by hormones.

AFM, I will test tomorrow at 7dpo. Well, I might... My post-O temps have been kind of level and last time I got my BFP there was a big jump in temp the day before. I know that might not mean anything, but I feel like it was related to implantation. Anyway, since it is so early, I might not test if I don't feel my chart is telling me I should. Or I just might! Haha! I don't really have a good feeling about this cycle so I am surprisingly not obsessing as much as I normally would.

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Mia, Thanks for thinking of me. It's always so exciting to be around 7dpo, the wait is almost over. Yeah! You know, every time I have gotten a BFP it seems that I was in an easy going mood during the TWW and had zero symptoms. The months I fuss and analyze every little symptom it was usually a BFN. So I'm really hoping that this will be the case for you. Sort of a "no signs, is good sign" situation. Ha ha! Good luck!!!

I've been spotting (red) and shedding on and off since my faint BFP (11dpo) with cramping and backache. I held off on using my expensive digital until this morning (13 DPO cycle day 30) and it just said I was pregnant 1-2 weeks! Or should I say STILL pregnant! So I'm really not sure what to think. I was sweating like a piggy last night and my temperature this morning is 98.6 F. It was a restless night so I'm not sure how accurate the reading is. So basically I'm in Chemical limbo! OMGosh I'm so stressed, not sure if I should be excited or not. My poor husband does not know how to act either. It must be really confusing for a man. :) The spotting is definitely not a good sign but maybe this bean is tough? Fingers crossed. I will keep you guys posted.

_14160.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Ello, a cautious congratulations to you on your BFP. Is there any way you can go in to have your betas and progesterone tested? Or do you just prefer to wait to see what happens? Either way, sending you a lot of sticky dust!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Ello- I think you need to call your doc and get your beta and progesterone tested. Spotting and cramps can be normal with pregnancy. I think bright red flow would be much more concerning. Also, maybe just check that it's not an ectopic pregnancy? I don't know about the symptoms of an ectopic but I know it can be really dangerous if untreated. But I have a good feeling for you! Good luck!

AFM, BFN today on 7dpo. My temp is still high, but not super high (like it was when I got my BFP last time). If my temp is the same tomorrow I will probably skip testing. If it goes up more, I will give it a shot.

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Monkeyprincess (I always crack up when I type your name) How are you doing?
I'm considering going but here in Canada the Dr's dismiss symptoms before 12 weeks. Since we don't pay for healthcare they have the attitude that testing beta's are a waste of THEIR time. So I'm not sure if they will give me the time of day. Any Canadians have advice for me. Should I bother going? How does progesterone treatment work and would they do it in Canada?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

ello- for what it's worth, when I had DS, it started out identical to what you are going through so it's definitely possible to have a good outcome. I didn't go into the doctors but did call an ask a nurse type hotline and they were able to answer my questions. I didn't go in at all until I was 8 weeks and that was for paperwork and then we did the scan at 12 weeks. Either way, I'm sorry this is so stressful for you *hugs*

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

ello I think under the circumstances it would be seen as pretty reasonable that you have blood drawn especially if the bleeding is lessening. I have everything crossed tightly for you!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Random_thoughts - thanks for your support. Hearing that you had a great outcome is giving me hope. I could not sleep last night, wondering if I should start fantasizing about names, his or her nursery...scared to be happy.

Pancake - I will call the Dr's office tomorrow and ask the receptionist if it's routine to come in this early. I had spotting during week 6 when I was pregnant with No.1 and at the time the ultrasound tech said that it could be from an ovarian cyst she noticed on my right ovary. Fast forward to know...I am not sure what to make of my spotting. I had pink spotting off and on since Ovulation followed by bright red spotting on the day my period was late (11dpo) which has tapered off to light pink and weird skin like shedding in my urine. I feel a little queasy but it could be stress & excitement.

Anyway, thanks guys for your support. It means a great deal as I can't say anything to my family...yet! :) I would like to hang here if you don't mind, until I'm at least 17dpo.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

ello, well I think the main thing at this point is that you can't really say that your period has arrived - spotting ain't no period! So I think you should try to remain optimistic until the situation puts its cards on the table :)

princess_cut

Rough_Rock

I have my fingers crossed for you, ello!

AFM…6 dpo today. We had good timing: BD on cycle day 7, 8, 11, 12, and 13, and I ovulated on day 13.

I felt really calm about the whole TTC thing until today. Suddenly, I'm such an anxious, irritable mess about everything….and I have zero patience for anything, including waiting to test. I've also had increased cervical fluids since 3 dpo, but I'm guessing it might be too early for symptoms, and I never really noticed what this part of my cycle was like before.

When's the earliest that implantation can occur? I've seen 6 days, but if it's possible to get a BFP 6 dpo, it seems like it's possible for implantation to occur sooner. I wonder if testing tomorrow would be completely fruitless? In my craziness, I bought two three-packs of FRERs. :rolleyes:

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Princess cut. Welcome, that was some fun BDing. Hee hee! I think your BD-timing sounds great but I would hold off testing until earliest 9dpo although most BFP's are actually round 11/12dpo. If you did manage to get an early BFP just know that the line will be very-very faint (squinting faint) and get darker as the pregnancy hormone increases. It is normal to feel emotional during the 2 week wait (LP). Lots of hormones during this time and also the anticipation can drive you crazy. Good luck! Looking forward to hear how it turns out for you.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
princess_cut said:
I have my fingers crossed for you, ello! AFM…6 dpo today. We had good timing: BD on cycle day 7, 8, 11, 12, and 13, and I ovulated on day 13. I felt really calm about the whole TTC thing until today. Suddenly, I'm such an anxious, irritable mess about everything….and I have zero patience for anything, including waiting to test. I've also had increased cervical fluids since 3 dpo, but I'm guessing it might be too early for symptoms, and I never really noticed what this part of my cycle was like before. When's the earliest that implantation can occur? I've seen 6 days, but if it's possible to get a BFP 6 dpo, it seems like it's possible for implantation to occur sooner. I wonder if testing tomorrow would be completely fruitless? In my craziness, I bought two three-packs of FRERs. :rolleyes:

Implantation can't happen until the blastocyst stage and that doesn't happen until 5-6 days after conception. Congrats on the good timing!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

:wavey:

Hang in there Ello. Fingers crossed that your tough little bean sticks!

I am still waiting for AF. Cycle day 39. Felt a little crampy earlier today but no sign of anything. DId a digi on Saturday, BFN of course. Somehow I needed to double check that my cheapies were correct in all of their negativity.

I'm starting to get a feeling of dread that after a few seemingly normal cycles my PCOS symptoms are returning. This is exactly what happened when I stopped BCP when we started TTC my daughter. Between April and December of that year iirc I only had my period 3-4 times. I think I will call my old RE sooner than later and ask their advice on when to come in for bloodwork and what to do. I'm really glad I'm thinking in advance , because I do have a small annual fertility benefit ($1500 of paid bills after the ins co reductions) and that runs from October 1 every year. So I will go this spring / summer and see where I am so that if I need further treatment, I will at least have a new year's worth of benefit to work from starting 10-1 before having to come out of pocket.

I looked a lot at our family finances this weekend and talked myself back after getting really excited about TTC. We need to wait, at least until July to really start (I'm paying off the 11k left on my car before I go on maternity leave!). So maybe it's not such a bad thing that my cycle seems to be going wonky. At least I know who to turn to, that I'm comfortable with them (I think my old nurse is still there) and I REALLY liked the care I received with them before.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Shaking like a leaf this morning:

_14212.jpg

_14213.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mia! You early implanter you! :bigsmile: congratulations! The excitement of a BFP never gets old. I love seeing that second pink line!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

What do you guys think? I know it's early but I see pink. I'm a nervous wreck this morning. Target brand digital said negative but after I used it I noticed it said 50% accurate -4days before period. But my temp is not super high still (same as it's been 97.73). I'm just really nervous about a chemical. I just didn't feel good about this cycle. I will respond to you guys a little later.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Oops Pupp my shaky hands were typing that out while you responded. Thanks! I'm really nervous! I know you are done but I miss having you as my pregnancy buddy!

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Mia!!!!! I second that, a second line is a huge celebration. Congratulations, you have earned that line, momma!!! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean, let's stay positive together!!! Let's spit on the words Chemical pregnancy! Ha ha!

I'm still hanging in there. Light very light pink discharge, backache & lower temp this morning but still pregnant according to the test stick!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I definitely see a line on both of them!

ETA: ello I'm crossing my fingers for you that this bleeding is a fluke and that whatever is in there holds on for dear life so you can join us over in the jbp thread!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

princess_cut- I think the normal range for implantation to occur is 6-11dpo. I've seen some test online at 5-6dpo but it could still be very likely that they ovulated a little earlier than they thought. I had a really faint BFP on 7dpo last pregnancy and just got one on 8dpo. The downside to testing early is that if you have a chemical pregnancy you will have had your hopes up for nothing. Chemical pregnancies are really common and normal but it would suck to get all excited and then test negative a few days later. I am an early tester because I just feel like I want to know the moment I am pregnant, no matter what, but I actually recommend to my friends to wait as long as they can because all the guessing and hoping and analyzing gets crazy. Try and wait as long as possible!

Thanks Clairtek I'm glad other people can see the lines! Hoping to join you in JBP soon!

MissRachelK- Did you have any idea when you ovulated? Did you get the CBFM yet? Hoping you get some answers on this cycle soon and really hoping there's still a chance of a BFP!

Ello- How are you doing? We get to worry about chemical pregnancies together I guess, but I think only light pink spotting is a really good sign for you! Are the lines on the tests dark? I don't think comparing darkness of tests is all that accurate, but it seems like all the chemical pregnancies I see online are very faint. I also have had cramping the past 2 nights. I don't typically get much cramps before AF so I'm choosing to see that as a good sign. Continuing to think good thoughts for you!

Okay I told DH and I feel a little more calm about this now. I wanted to plan some really fun way to tell DH but I couldn't wait! DH started talking to me and I just said "so, we're pregnant." His response was "is the line pink?" Haha! Yesterday I tested and thought I saw something so of course I started photoshopping. We could both make out a line but it was hard to tell if it was pink. I showed him this morning's test and he said "Oh yeah!" right away! He's the most cautious guy and pregnancy makes him nervous and we were just both talking last night how we don't have a good feeling about this one, so we are both trying to stay calm.

Question: When should I call my doctor? I won't get all the awesome early monitoring I got with my first pregnancy because I have a normal LMP this time. But last time they caught that my progesterone was low and I had to supplement 2x a day for the first trimester. Would you ask for a progesterone prescription or to at least have it tested this time? I know the jury is still out on whether progesterone supplementing does anything, but I'm a little worried to do anything differently this time.

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Missrachelk- You must be going out of your mind wondering after such a long cycle. No matter what the outcome is, just know that things happens for a reason. Easier said than done! Yeah, I'm a freak Ha ha! You sound like a wise woman, planning ahead is always good but don't forget that one never really feels financially set...well, maybe if you were Oprah! Ha ha! Can you set up a mini baby fund? You can always use the funds for a few mommy pleasures, like a spa allowance if you don't get pregnant right away. Good luck and I do hope you get your BFP sooner rather than later.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Ello, Any word on the appt? Will your OB at least do some blood draw? It seems reasonable if you're still spotting. I really hope your BFP sticks :)

Mia, LOL love how your DH was so involved in the HPT analysis. My DH would just shake his head and refuse to believe it. If I were you, I'd call and tell your OB that you got a + and your last pregnancy you had to take supplements. "Hi, doc. I got a + pregnancy test, and I was wondering if I needed to take supplements like I did my prior pregnancy. What do you suggest?" Then they can either tell you to come in for tests, or just write you another scrip.

Welcome Princess cut. 6DPO would be way early to test, but I've heard of other ladies getting +'s at 9DPO? The earliest I test is 12DPO but that's the day after I expect AF. My LP is/was 11 days

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Mia, we are chemical preggo freaks, it really sucks to worry about every little symptom. I hate that I check my p-liner every few hours for signs of AF and analyze every ache and symptom. I want to exercise (I usually dance next to the tub while my little guy has a bath, ha ha) but I'm scared so now I feel like a prisoner in my own body.
I always enjoy reading other people's 2WW so here goes mine...

So this our 13.5 month of TTC.

AF was heavier and longer than usual and it delayed O for me. I did not get a positive OPK until CD 16 & 17th. We BD on CD 16 & 17th in the evening. So O could have been on CD 18th. Feeling sad that my LP will be short. I forgot to chart this month, stupid me! :)

1DPO - pink spotting, maybe BD friction? Crazy hormones?
2DPO - nothing, zip.
3DPO - 10 DPO, pink spotting again, tender breast, headaches, dryness & frequent burning urination - Comes and goes. Thought this probably wasn't a good sign as similar signs to last Chemical pregnancy.

10 - DPO - tested Negative with Cheapie.

11 DPO - Brown spotting in the AM, thought for sure this meant that AF was coming, bummed BUT I took a test just to be sure and to my surprise a faint BFP!!!! It's faint, but definitely there. TIRED. Very tired.
Later in the afternoon and continuing for 24 hours I have bright red spotting. Frequent urination, burning sensation. A lot of blood in urine.

12 DPO - Red Spotting has lessened to pink (off and on) through the day. Thinking that it's probably over. However, still BFP showing a 2nd line. About the same strength as the day before. Not sure what to think.

13 DPO - test in AM with cheap, test shows that I'm still pregnant so I busted out a Digital and it said I was pregnant 1-2 weeks! Not sure what to think. My poor husband is confused.
Start compulsively annoying everyone in the TTC forum looking for answers & googling every symptom :)

14 DPO (today) - Pregnancy test was slightly darker than yesterday, so fingers crossed! Still have light pink spotting. Backache, restless night, temperature down. Sensitive stomach and I can really taste the onion in my salad! Frequent urination, dryness, comes and goes.

One thing that I have to mention is that I usually gain 2 to 3 pounds leading up & during my period. This month I have not gained anything. Weird but good!

I will be calling my DR tomorrow.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Ello- wow! What an emotional roller coaster, I am sure. I have everything crossed for you, mama, and hope sincerely this is a sticky bean. Chemicals are not fun to deal with (no losses are), so I hope this implanting eggie will stick around for 9+ months!

Mia- Um... that is DEFINITELY a line! Wahoo!!! How many DPO are you now? Cautious optimism here, but don't let anxieties detract from your excitement. Trilled for you, mama!

How are my ladies gearin' up for the big O? AMC and RT? I'm sitting at 12 dpo... and I've temped three times!! Hope to do it consistently now through next CD1. We're gonna keep BDing, hopefully at least every other day now through CD 20 (or whenever I confirm O)

My special VIP FF subscription ran out a few days ago. When I signed up I naively thought I'd be pregnant by the subscription's end. Soooo much for that.

Nothing else new here. Taking B-complex regularly this cycle, 50 mg daily, will ramp up to 100 mg after O. And I might buy some pineapple and nosh on the core a bit ;-)

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

LC- My DH denied that there was a line last time and I had to get a digital to prove to him, I think he trusts me now since I was right last time. I didn't tell him that I got a negative on the digital this morning because then I'd have to explain that it's not as sensitive. I have another digital that I will pee on in a couple of days. Good idea re: calling my doc for progesterone. I feel silly calling so early but maybe I do need the progesterone.

Ello- You've been trying for 13.5 months? OMG! Congratulations girl! I know we are supposed to be cautiously optimistic about your spotting and stuff but seriously that sounds like a normal 2ww. I'm sure I'll be researching chemical pregnancies tonight and I will let you know if I find out anything new. Can't wait to hear how your call to the doc went!

Pilsnpinkysmom- I'm glad you see the line! I was actually really surprised when I saw it today. I am 8dpo so very early and yes, cautiously optimistic. It's not going to be real until next Monday when AF would be late so I'm just trying to hang in there and stay positive. What does pineapple core do? I was eating pineapple a lot in the past few weeks but not really the core. Good luck temping! Sounds like you are getting close to the fertile zone!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Wow, Ello, I'm keeping everything crossed for you too :)

PPM, I say every other day is a pretty good plan until you think you O'd. Never heard of the pineapple core, but I love love love pineapples. :lickout: Now you have me wanting some...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results