shape
carat
color
clarity

Seriously Red Christmas Spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
One of the pieces I put together for the lovely MrsTropicmaster

sm 3429.JPG

It is more red than this pic

sm 3428.JPG

It is more red than any of my pics, but you can get the idea

sp 3366.JPG

This is the pendant I made to go with it. Could not get another Spinel as nice as the ring so I went with a sweet zircon for this piece.

sm 3435.JPG

That spinel is on fire!

Both pieces look lovely. What a delightful Christmas it must have been for your lucky wife.
1.gif

Both of these pieces had their birth at the gemstone show we went to 3 weeks ago. I have some other things I bought at that show, but you guys cant see them yet- MrsTropicmaster has been known to come on here hoping for clues! lol

Date: 12/27/2009 6:11:14 PM
Author: Tropicmaster
Both of these pieces had their birth at the gemstone show we went to 3 weeks ago. I have some other things I bought at that show, but you guys cant see them yet- MrsTropicmaster has been known to come on here hoping for clues! lol

Haha! How sneaky!!

Cool, the first pic reminds me of a firely orange/red spessartite.

Date: 12/27/2009 5:53:42 PM
Author:Tropicmaster
One of the pieces I put together for the lovely MrsTropicmaster
23.gif

Oh my!!!

amazing!!
30.gif

-A

Wow, that is one glowing stone!

You are one fantastic hubby
36.gif
Lovely stones!

Date: 12/27/2009 6:38:25 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Absolutely, my first thought was a very hot orange red spessartite. Tropic, is it a red spinel or a flame?

Gorgeous - love the colors on both of those stones!!

The first stone is like a glowing amber. They''re both truly lovely pieces.
36.gif

The first stone looks very fiery!
36.gif
36.gif
What a great hubby you are, wish mine had an interest in gems
9.gif

Very nice pieces! Zircon pendant seems especially well made
36.gif

Date: 12/27/2009 9:21:45 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 12/27/2009 6:38:25 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Absolutely, my first thought was a very hot orange red spessartite. Tropic, is it a red spinel or a flame?

Chrono it was sold to me as a red Spinel of Burmese origin ( pre embargo ), but who really knows origins besides the guy who dug it up? lol The cutter is very reputable, so I am sure that he THINKS it came from Burma. Anyway it is certainly red, although it has a heavy orangy flash in it. I will try to get a couple of better pics when I get home this evening.

So far I have been unable to capture the true personality of this stone. When she wears it, it flashes the deepest blood red I have seen. For some reason the camera shows the orange. This evening I will try to get a pic with the flash off and see if that comes out more true. The setting darkend the stone slightly from what it was loose. This one I did not get a pic of loose.

Gorgeous stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP