shape
carat
color
clarity

Not your typical advertisement for Diamond Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Read this in the Chicago Tribune this morning. I could not decide if it was funny or in bad taste. Probably both.

finger4.jpg

Ha! I''ll have to pick up the Tribune today! I think it''s funny and does get you to notice it, plus it''s not the middle finger so you really can''t take offense.

9.gif

I can''t remember who but someone recently posted pics of his fiance''s ring and she is doing the same gesture.

I think it''s cute.
2.gif

LOL...Totally in bad taste and that's why I love it. That's a riot!

When people are getting married, I think they are usually feeling romantic. If I were in a romantic mode, that ad would put me off. In fact, it puts me off now. As my husband says, I guess that's why they make vanilla and chocolate!

Thanks for posting it, Bertrand!

Deb

Date: 10/4/2005 10:45:33 AM
Author: jellybean
I can''t remember who but someone recently posted pics of his fiance''s ring and she is doing the same gesture.
Yeah, it was mrmedoes and here it is:

mrmedoes.jpg

I like it! It definitely grabs your attention.

I think it''s hilarious. At first you''re like, wait, what the....oh, haha, not the middle one. I guess the ''funny'' appeals to me more than say, a picture of a candlelit table with roses and a ringbox...all the companies have been there, done that! This ad clearly gets people talking...which is after all, the point of paying to place an ad!

Now I''d call that value added.

I''m with Josh and others. And I might go in for having read the ad.

Deb, I''m sympathetic, and in anothe mood, I might agree.

Regards,

I think it''s very creative, definitely grabs attention.

I think it is funny, kinda breaks the nervous tension that accompanies the ring buying process. And the wording next to it is cute.

Definitely makes you take a second glance at the ad to see exactly what finger is raised. At the very least, it was a very good advertising move.

Haha, that cracked me up, thanks!!!!

~~That''s cute!!! LOL
2.gif

That''s great. An antidote to the PC overkill!

I see that ad in a few St. Louis papers. It''s a "stock" ad. Curt Parker in St. Louis uses them. They are uproariously funny sometimes.

I like it.

It''s hilarious in a tacky sort of way. Not sure if it''s the best image of a fine jeweler, but it DOES get your attention!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP