carat
color
clarity

I don't like 12 AM or 12 PM

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is when?

12:00 is the instant it changes from AM to PM or from PM to AM.
You could argue that at exactly 12:00:00 it is neither AM or PM, and that it is both AM and PM.

I have a saying, 'Things can never be too clear.'
I wish they'd abandon 12 AM or PM and just call it 12 noon and 12 midnight.

What do you say?

I was always taught 12:00 is am when you are going into the am hours, and pm when going into the pm hours, not interchangeable, and not Schrodinger's clock. 11:59 a.m. is morning. When the clock hit 12:00, that is p.m. 11:59 p.m. is night and when it hits 12:00, that is a.m.

Would certainly be much more simple that way, especially when you're sleepy or hungry. Easier to say noon or midnight. When I'm hungry for lunch, it's noon; when I'm exhausted, it's midnight! :snore:

packrat said:
I was always taught 12:00 is am when you are going into the am hours, and pm when going into the pm hours, not interchangeable, and not Schrodinger's clock. 11:59 a.m. is morning. When the clock hit 12:00, that is p.m. 11:59 p.m. is night and when it hits 12:00, that is a.m.

Yep. Same.

packrat|1447532544|3949679 said:

I agree. :wavey:

No confusion.

Have your lunch at 1200 hrs and browse PS at 2400 hrs.

Unless you have to get up for work in the morning at 0 dark thirty. In which case you should be in your jammies and snoozing at 2400 hrs. :snore:

That is why hospitals use military time. Avoids confusion re dosage times and other events/procedures. I am surpised that airports do not use it-especially with all of the different time zones.

lambskin|1447641130|3950111 said:
That is why hospitals use military time. Avoids confusion re dosage times and other events/procedures. I am surpised that airports do not use it-especially with all of the different time zones.

Now, I'd love military time (and the metric system BTW) but in boot camp I had the darnedest time (haha) getting used to military time.

If they used it at airports I think late people rushing to their plane would revolt.

I am used to using the 24h clock for all the years I worked in facotories with shifts that covered 24h.

I still use it even when I am not working in a factory as it is more precise and less prone to mis-interpretation to me.

DK :))

I use a 24H clock because I was taught to as a child.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP