shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on 1ct Diamond please

jpcatley

Rough_Rock
Hi I’ve been recommended this diamond in my price range from a jeweller.

I would like to get some advice as the proportions give a 5 HCA score which has me worried.

The jeweller has assured me that I have nothing to worry about as while it is slightly deep it is still an excellent cut GIA, is eye clean, and will be a good diamond for my budget.

It can be found on James Allen here - https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...xcellent-cut-sku-15637293?a_aid=62a7e6735d587

GIA Report: 6445153655

D1C2E9A3-A01A-4AC6-A06C-E3D322739B7C.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, jpcatley!

This is definitely a diamond that we recommend to be avoided, due to the horrible PA and CA pairing (41.4/35/59 combo).

We'll help you find some alternatives that have superior proportions and angles that will result in outstanding optical performance.

What is your budget?

jpcatley

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, jpcatley!

This is definitely a diamond that we recommend to be avoided, due to the horrible PA and CA pairing (41.4/35/59 combo).

We'll help you find some alternatives that have superior proportions and angles that will result in outstanding optical performance.

What is your budget?

Hi DejaWiz,

Thank you for your advice and for offering to help me find a diamond!

My budget is around $10,000 AUD ($6,500 USD).

I would like a diamond 1 carat or more ideally. I’m not too worried about having the perfect characteristics but would like a good value diamond for my budget.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
As a comparison, please take a look at the following diamond which has angles and proportions that are within the recommended ranges...it has the exact same outer diameter as the one at James Allen.

PowPow

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results