shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me set my green and pink rocks (lots of pics!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I finally have some reasonable pictures of my new stones, so I am ready to share (and get your input!!)

The first one is a 5.6 mm Tsavorite, cut by He Who Must Not Be Named. It is beyond fabulous. It has a very high crown, and I am constantly amazed at the dispersion. It is so firey! It truly rivals a lot of diamonds. I've been thinking of setting it into a martini pedant, but ahh it pains me since I won't be able to appreciate its beauty as often. I guess that is still the leading idea... but I'd love other ideas/input!

Here is the photo by CWMNBN......
9.gif

pl_661_detail_1.png

Precision cut... no kidding!

IMG_2788.jpg

It is very brilliant..

IMG_2764.jpg

this is one of my fav shots... though a touch blurry

IMG_2879ll.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!!
18.gif
I think a pendant would be stunning!!!

With its new pink spinel buddy... the 6.5 mm Barry Bridgestock cut pinkie that I just picked up from ACS sale!

IMG_2852.jpg

Oh, I love that stone! I would definitely do a ring
3.gif

Who is he that can not be named! This person was mentioned before and I have NO clue. But I am dying to know! Someone please let me in!

OK, I just saw the pink BB stone and now I kicking myself inthe but because I was considering buying that same stone! Beyond gorgeous and deserves to be a pendant. Right there in front for the whole world to see!

This is the best I could do to capture the tsav''s fire on camera...

IMG_2876.jpg

With my color change Dan Stair sapphire...

IMG_2855.jpg

profile shots

IMG_2840dd.jpg

A good facet shot of the spinel

IMG_2902.jpg

check out the high crown / small table on both stones..

IMG_2793.jpg

big chunky facet yumminess

IMG_2792.jpg

it''s true; I''ve taken an embarrassing number of pictures..

IMG_2830dd.jpg

greeeeeeen

IMG_2863.jpg

A bit o'' firey

IMG_2920.jpg

yeah I am obsessed

IMG_2901.jpg

The spinel sitting in a setting that I intend to contain a Jeff White eventually...
3.gif

IMG_2930dd.jpg

Ok, last one for now before this becomes totally excessive

IMG_2928.jpg

Great stones. I bought my spess from that same CWMNBN. I would do a ring with the tsav too and maybe a pendant with the pink one.

geckodani- Thanks! I am still leaning toward a pendant too..
18.gif

akmiss- heee I''m not giving the spinel up now
3.gif
The anonymous cutter.... ah, if you search through Freke''s spinel thread there is a good tip on how to google and find him. He is very talented!

Oh I''ve been waiting for these pics of the spinel!!!

Wow I love them icekid! What are you leaning towards?

Wow, those stones are gorgeous. I wish I knew who the person is that can''t be named, ha ha ha ha ha. The stones are lovely.

Linda

And you know what? Looking inside those stones, it looks like little flowers are inside of them. I love it
30.gif

Date: 8/21/2008 6:02:30 PM
Author: icekid
it''s true; I''ve taken an embarrassing number of pictures..
I LOVE this shot!! Gorgeous!!

Date: 8/21/2008 6:15:05 PM
Author: innerkitten
Great stones. I bought my spess from that same CWMNBN. I would do a ring with the tsav too and maybe a pendant with the pink one.
oooooooh he just posted some new spess rough recently and I am incredibly tempted.... (oh the addiction.......)

Date: 8/21/2008 6:27:42 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh I''ve been waiting for these pics of the spinel!!!

Wow I love them icekid! What are you leaning towards?
Really... I have no idea
19.gif
I have so much fun playing with them while they''re loose that it''s difficult for me to settle anything about what I really want in my head. I am seriously open to any ideas. I guess budget is somewhat of an consideration, since I need to save money to buy more rocks...... most. addicting. hobby. ever.

Date: 8/21/2008 6:33:18 PM
Author: Linda W
And you know what? Looking inside those stones, it looks like little flowers are inside of them. I love it
30.gif
Linda- I know what you mean! How cool is that?!

old-fashionioned girl- I am glad you enjoyed them
1.gif

A three stone pendant or ring could be really pretty! These are beautiful!

Oh my goodness both stones are gorgeous but I really love that tsav!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP