shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band: Brian Gavin vs WhiteFlash vs local shop

I just wanted to update all those who helped me and gave their great opinions. I never heard back from IDJ regarding changing the diamonds to H&A so I decided to go with the local jeweler. Their price was about the same as WF and I wanted to support the local shop. Additionally I will be able to go in and see the 3-D model before the actual ring is made. And they offered me 18 mos 0% financing (always take 0% interest!).

Just a comment, I was surprised that I never heard back from IDJ after reading so many posts on PS that commented on their great customer service. Unfortunately I didn't have that experience. WF and BGD were great and very attentive. But nothing beats a physical store that is right around the corner.

My local jeweler assured me these stones were cut perfectly. The invoice says "precision ideal cut diamonds (hearts and arrows)" and I will be able to see them before they go into the ring using an idealscope. So I am optimistic that these stones will be equivalent to HF and BDG. Is that naive of me?

Thanks again for all the help PSers!

Uh oh...I finally heard back from IDJ. Their price...$3200 for 10 stone 20 point H&A, F-G VS.

That's $2000 cheaper than anyone else I got a quote from!!!

I already paid for the ring though and it's currently getting made now, so no backing out now. I feel a bit like such a dope for overpaying by so much.

How are they able to price their stuff so much cheaper than everyone else?!?!

I know everyone on PS loves IDJ, but there has to be a catch right??? They can't be THAT much cheaper than everyone else!!!

Can you cancel if they have not made the ring?

I think part of what allows IDJ to be competitive is that unlike the other vendors who may have AN in-house bench, IDJ works with dozens of benches, and is in a location with benches galore - that may lead prices to be more competitive with regard to labor.

I can't cancel because they already bought the diamonds and the ring is being made now and since it's custom can't be returned. I feel like such a dope. Next time I will definitely go with them (or at least wait for their quote before I go with someone else). I will post pics once I get the ring. My wife will love the ring I'm sure, I just hope she doesn't find out how much I overpaid.

Thanks everyone for all of the help!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP