shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond vs. Ruby E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I don''t think either are really investments unless they''re big. So I wouldn''t worry about that.

Great quality diamonds are much easier to find than rubies, and my understanding is that a great quality ruby is very expensive, but I don''t know if they are more expensive than diamonds. I would assume so, but I don''t know for sure.

Diamonds will sparkle much more than a deeper colored stone, because it is a different sparkle. But only seeing some in person will help you make the best decision!

That''s all I''ve got...sorry!

diamonds or other gems shouldn't be looked upon as any type of investment. I would think if you'd want to resell the e-ring somewhere down the road a diamond will do better because it's more traditional which more people wanting them than rubies. However, if you love colored stones a ruby can make a beautifully unique e-ring which some people like. You might also think about using both, a diamond center with ruby sides?

of course ms.flutter has the most beautiful Ruby e-ring i've ever seen
30.gif

click on link for more pics..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ruby-red-pave-halo.34793/

sunnyhandshot.jpg

Neither should be considered for investments in the size you could even think about probably wearing as a ring! Also, recognize that untreated rubies will cost a pretty penny too. Both are beautiful and you can''t go wrong!!

I agree that nice rubies are hard to find. I bought one last year and I have really paid attention to them since then and I haven''t seen anything that came close to it in terms of the color and beauty of the stone, except when I go into one of the really expensive places like Graff''s. But their stuff is huge and out of my league for sure.

I think you would have a much easier time finding a diamond.

Here''s mine in case you want to see.

Rubyasn22.jpg

allison, is there a thread on your ruby ring?? it is gorgeous, I''d love to know more about it and more pics of course
1.gif

Aren't Rubies just so delicious?

I''d go for the diamond engagement ring and save the ruby for a beautiful right hand ring like Allison''s!

If you have the desire for a diamond, get the diamond! I thought I loved colored stones more than diamonds before I actually got one. Probably because I really didn''t see quality diamonds in person until I started shopping for an e-ring.

If you want sparkle, get an ideal cut round diamond!

I replied to your OTHER thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP