shape
carat
color
clarity

CS jewelry with uncommon designs?

Those are neat! Very different & attractive.

JF,
The pieces you posted are really something. :love:

LK,
The cuff links are very unique. Do you think the wearer would wear them with just any shirt or would take the colour combination into consideration? :cheeky:

different colors

__8.jpg

Gayani, pretty ring! Is it yours?

JewelFreak|1393425615|3623371 said:
Gayani, pretty ring! Is it yours?

no :) found it on ebay.

Chrono|1393421597|3623342 said:
LK,
The cuff links are very unique. Do you think the wearer would wear them with just any shirt or would take the colour combination into consideration? :cheeky:

Hehe... yeah, that's a good point. I think as long as they're paired with another green something (like an olive green tie) they'd fit nicely.

beautiful

1907725_10150378627469963_1265973472_o.png

I love Polly Wales:

1318_new_large.jpg

polly.jpeg

some randoms from my folder

1531590_1_m.jpg

tumblr_mn49mthrox1qzi2nqo1_1280.jpg

6370256701_f714e789da_z.jpg

7671702404_aa92d93a6c_z.jpg

earrings

__kgrhqfhjbce9_jgvt9zbpv6lpf_r___60_12.jpg

__kgrhqn__lsfjj2euh_wbsc-kl3f3___60_3.jpg

Velouria, I love the Polly Wales bands, different & so pretty. Also on the Gemgossip site, the snake choker is outtasight. I love snake jewelry.

Michele della Valle, scales are yellow diamonds & rubies, yellow diamond on head.

Maker unknown. Beautiful goldwork on scales:

Then there are other, ahem, animals.
Cartier brooch, looks like a black opal (?), opal eye, holding a carved emerald w/diamond:

One of my favorites. David Webb sculpture on rock crystal base, enamel, gold, diamond elephants
holding an aquamarine, set w/cabochon emeralds & rubies:

This is another great site for browsing. http://www.jewelsdujour.com/

--- Laurie

della_valle__yellow_diamond__amp__ruby_scales__head_diamond_3.jpg

a__gold__diamond__ruby_bracelet.jpg

cartier__opal__holding_ribbed_emerald__emerald_eyes.jpg

webb.jpg

That elephant sculpture is pure luxury.

It sure is. Wouldn't you love to have that sitting on your dressing table? (If you had a dressing table.)

uncommon color combination

__kgrhqv__hme_niczjt1bqjw9ef7nw__60_57.jpg

This one is so cute! A hippo is an unlikely subject for jewelry because it's a graceless creature.

1393544077_50_1_4653__1_of_4__hires.jpg

Here is the last one from the same article:

timeless-treasures-boucheron-lartisan-du-reve_5.jpg

Preg, the necklace using rough and cut diamonds is very creative and the details on all the pieces are masterful. Thanks for sharing.

I am totally in LOVE with the hippo, LK! He's the cutest little guy on earth -- and beautifully rendered.

What I wouldn't give for the snake necklace, too, Preg. Opals are an inspired ingredient & it's so sensuous, delicate, & accurate at once.

Here's a bangle by Bulgari, circa 1960. I wonder whether the scales are lapis or enamel -- but he's definitely got personality.

Unusual Brooches:

A fish, Rene Boivin:

One of my favorites, by Nardi. I love the gold (straw) texture & the sapphires on the ribbon.

Unknown maker, peacock feather:

bulgari_bangle_c.jpg

boivin__fish.jpg

nardi__gondolier_s_hat_18k_brooch.jpg

peacock_feather.jpg

Kite, do love the elegant dendrite brooch. And Velourial I love the Polly Wales rings... .it looks like the metal is just melting away and you're discovering the gems. I wonder if it looks as well on the hand? Gayani1 what a feminine necklace. Thanks all for sharing.

LoversKites|1393685403|3625228 said:
This one is so cute! A hippo is an unlikely subject for jewelry because it's a graceless creature.

Setting a diamond in the mouth of the hippo is useless unless it is presenting me a loose diamond I can set and wear. :devil: :bigsmile:

Whenever I want to blow my mind on jewelry design, I just go look at what Hans Meevis is working on. His creativity just blows my mind. I can have the same stuff in front of me and it is just metal and stone compared.

Saison” scroll brooch, set with a cushion-cut pink sapphire weighing 9.64 carats (approximate dimensions: 15 x 13mm), accented by 156 circular-cut diamonds weighing 2.96 total carats and 10 circular-cut pink sapphires weighing 2.64 total carats, mounted in platinum and 18k white gold

cartier-saison-brooch-pink-sapphire-diamond.jpg

more

aquamarine_diamond_duck_bird_brooches_tiffany__amp__co.jpg

more

emerald_pink_saphire_diamond_bird_brooches_chaumet_circa_1940.jpg

kunzite_conch_pearl_gem_set_diamond_peacock_bird_brooch_pendant.jpg

WALLACE CHAN Pink and Yellow Diamond and Emerald Titanium Ring
PRICE:
$188,000

xxx_229_1339601496_1.jpg

Rene Lalique Aquamarine Dragonfly Pendant
PRICE: