shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone ring Girls - are you out there?

Thanks headlight, you are too sweet. All of these rings are so gorgeous! I just learned how to upload, so here is my photo for those that don''t like to click on links:

webpost2.JPG

May I join the club too? This is my brand new engagement ring. I love it!!

DSCN4055z.jpg

Date: 2/13/2008 4:05:54 PM
Author: zhuzhu
This is the side view of my ring, in sunny San Diego!

Welcome to the sandbox Zhuzhu. Your ring is stunning!

I love looking (and re-looking) at all these beautiful 3 stones!

Snooper: Well if your size 7 Shrek fingers are massive what does that make my size 9's! And they're long too. As I see it the bigger your fingers the bigger the rock that has to accompany it. No little diamonds here girls!
9.gif

question, does the height of the side-stones depend solely on the setting? can you adjust the height of them compared to the center stone? technically can you have the 2 side-stones at the same level as the center stones? it seems like its more common with RB 3-stones than ECs, i duno, i could be wrong.

thanks! just a lil curious...
37.gif

Date: 2/20/2008 1:08:43 AM
Author: EC_lvr
question, does the height of the side-stones depend solely on the setting? can you adjust the height of them compared to the center stone? technically can you have the 2 side-stones at the same level as the center stones? it seems like its more common with RB 3-stones than ECs, i duno, i could be wrong.

37.gif

I''m guessing the height of the side stones does depend on the setting. For example, my princess was originally in a stock setting, and the center stone was much higher than the side baguettes... I had it reset and now all 3 stones (table) are the same height but the baguettes of course slope down. Does that help?

Wooo, here is my faux 3 stone :) I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of your 3 stones are GORGEOUS!!!

Picture 866884.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooo :)

Rondnolds_1011b.JPG

Date: 2/20/2008 1:08:43 AM
Author: EC_lvr

37.gif

Yes. The level of side stones depends on their measurement to the center stone. Using my ring as an example, if I wanted tables of my 3 ECs to set on the same level, the length of the side stones have to be shorter than the ones I chose in order to give room for the prongs to "sit together with prongs of the center stone". I hope tat makes sense. Luckily I looked at a Tiffany 3 stone EC ring setting on the same level first and I did not like it. I prefer having the side stones set just a bit lower (but not too low that it looks like accent stones) so you can see the beautiful girdle and top side view of my center EC. It looks more 3-dimensional which adds character in my eyes.

innnteresting. thanks for the replies, very helpful!!!
5.gif

Date: 2/19/2008 4:43:33 PM
Author: SexiLexi
Snooper: Well if your size 7 Shrek fingers are massive what does that make my size 9''s! And they''re long too. As I see it the bigger your fingers the bigger the rock that has to accompany it. No little diamonds here girls!
9.gif

HAHA! I am in total agreement! I keep telling hubby that if my ring size was smaller I could have saved him a lot of money buy buying a smaller diamond. I guess having larger fingers isn''t so bad after all?
31.gif
That''s my story and I''m sticking to it!
27.gif

Date: 2/20/2008 10:53:47 AM
Author: woobug02
Wooo, here is my faux 3 stone :) I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of your 3 stones are GORGEOUS!!!
That is pretty! Looks like WF set it? Where did you get the stones? Do you have a thread on it?

I haven''t been a 3-stone girl for a week yet but I sure am enjoying mine. Here it is:

sundia%20(2).JPG

Date: 2/21/2008 11:11:13 PM
Author: marcyc
I haven''t been a 3-stone girl for a week yet but I sure am enjoying mine. Here it is:

sundia%20(2).JPG
Marcyc.. I still can''t get off how beautiful & sparkly your ring is!
10.gif

Thanks Sparkles. I really like this picture of it too. Your new wrings are very sparkly too.
36.gif

Date: 2/22/2008 9:03:28 AM
Author: marcyc
Thanks Sparkles. I really like this picture of it too. Your new wrings are very sparkly too.
36.gif
Awww thanks!
9.gif

Diamond Dana,
Your ring is very close to what I am looking to do... is the band on it "comfort fit" ? Do you wear it with a wedding band? My wedding band is yellow gold comfort fit, and I am hoping to wear it next to a 3-stone ring, but the two bands need to sit well together.

Thanks!
Gabrielle

Date: 3/11/2008 1:22:13 PM
Author: snopeopl
Diamond Dana,
Your ring is very close to what I am looking to do... is the band on it 'comfort fit' ? Do you wear it with a wedding band? My wedding band is yellow gold comfort fit, and I am hoping to wear it next to a 3-stone ring, but the two bands need to sit well together.

Thanks!
Gabrielle
Hi Gabrielle!
No, it is not comfort fit, but the shank is only 1mm wide so I don't think that I would even notice a difference. I do wear it with a band from time to time, I am just trying to find *the* perfect band for it! I have worn a curved one and straight ones, comfort fit and not. All the straight bands that I have tried with it sit pretty flush, minimal gap from the side. It is a stuller setting, so it should be pretty easy for your jeweler to find if it is what you are looking for.

Here is a profile shot of my ring with my grandmothers wedding band, they sit pretty close.

profilegranthree.jpg

Lost Saphire,
I love your ring, and it''s pretty close to what I would like to have. Where did you find the setting? I am having trouble finding one like it!
Thanks
Gabrielle

Thanks for the info and picture, Diamond Dana. I''ll check the stuller site! Your ring is beautiful!

Gabrielle

Thank you Gabrielle.

The ring was made up by a local jeweller, based on a few photos I found online.

I am very pleased with the work, but I think I would have preferred a slightly more rounded band than what I got. It does sit well with my wedding ring, which is VERY narrow.

Date: 3/12/2008 2:55:11 PM
Author: snopeopl
Thanks for the info and picture, Diamond Dana. I''ll check the stuller site! Your ring is beautiful!

Gabrielle
You''re welcome, and thank you for the compliment
35.gif

This is my 3-stone and wedding band.
3-stone by James Allen (0.9 Center, 0.23/0.25 sides). Center prong is platinum and side prongs are basket.
The only wedding band I found to match was from Amazon.com of all places and they were running a special for 40% of listed price...and I got it. It''s a 7-stone shared prong.

All round brilliant of course :)
30.gif

DSC04003.JPG

Date: 1/4/2008 8:59:32 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Skippy, everytime I see pics of your ring, I swoon! I adore it!
I never said thank you Lauren; I guess I missed your comment! Thanks a million; I love your 3 stone ring. Gorgeous color!
36.gif

bumping :love:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP