shape
carat
color
clarity

3.10ct Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 11/29/2006 12:12:32 PM
Author:SilverLily
Hi everyone. I''ve lurked for a long time, but haven''t posted much. I love looking at everyone''s rings.

I just received a new cushion. This will be an upgrade for me from my H&A round that I purchased a few years ago. I am trying to decide how I want to set it...basically halo or no halo. Well, here are a few pics:
yay! my stone has a big sister!!!! they''re the same length but yours is a bit fatter :D I love it!! Both Js too!! I''d love to see how you set yours as well!!! I got all the same advice you''re getting on how to set it but I wanted 8 prongs so I''ve kinda gone off the deep end LOL! Enjoy!! and post more pics!!!!!

Oh My Gosh!

You found my stone! ha ha, just kidding!
I love it.
Do you know the l to w ratio off hand? (I''m too lazy to figure it out)
I love the facets.
You will have to take more pictures, it''s so pretty. I can''t wait to see how you set
this beauty. And yes, Mark is a really nice guy.

Date: 11/29/2006 4:57:31 PM
Author: Ann
Oh My Gosh!

You found my stone! ha ha, just kidding!
I love it.
Do you know the l to w ratio off hand? (I''m too lazy to figure it out)
I love the facets.
You will have to take more pictures, it''s so pretty. I can''t wait to see how you set
this beauty. And yes, Mark is a really nice guy.
it is 1:1.17 :)

11.gif

Sitting on SilverLily's right shoulder wearing a devil's outfit & whispering, "Haloooooooooooooooooooo!"
11.gif

I agree that the stone is huge and a stunner. The chunky facets are sooo yummy. But I just love cushions with halos! They're practically the only shape that halos truly complement!

Psssssst...haloooooooooooooo!
11.gif
Not a huge one, just a teeny tiny halo to add some sparkly and emphasize the gorgeous shape!
11.gif

Date: 11/29/2006 5:51:21 PM
Author: Julian
11.gif

Sitting on SilverLily''s right shoulder wearing a devil''s outfit & whispering, ''Haloooooooooooooooooooo!''
11.gif

I agree that the stone is huge and a stunner. The chunky facets are sooo yummy. But I just love cushions with halos! They''re practically the only shape that halos truly complement!

Psssssst...haloooooooooooooo!
11.gif
Not a huge one, just a teeny tiny halo to add some sparkly and emphasize the gorgeous shape!
11.gif
My thoughts EXACTLY.

I vote for split shank (with or w/o pave) and claw prongs. I just love that look for a cushion.

Because this is one of my favorite rings, I feel compelled to post pics of the Pokey Special to illustrate.

pokey special.jpg

I''d probably skip the pave on the prongs with a white center stone (although they really pop against the green).

pokey special 2.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful!!! I so love cushions!! Whatever you stick that puppy in, it''s going to look stunning!! I don''t even think I could vote -- you can''t go wrong!

Can''t wait for hand pics!

Congratulations on your new stone- it is really beautiful!!!

I recently got a cushion as well (2.4 carats) and had the same dilemma trying to figure out if I wanted to do a halo or not. I love the halo look but I decided against it. I wanted to focus more on the stone and I thought that the halo might take away from it. I think diamondgirl777 is a really pretty look. I went with Leon Mege style number 313- (pictures r367 and r506 on his website). I think that either halo or no halo your ring will be beautiful!!! Can''t wait to see pictures!

Amazing!!!! Can''t wait to get my cushion as well.

Stunning, beautiful stone! No halo, split shank.

But no matter what you decide, it will still be stunning!!
30.gif

split shank pave is my choice! is your RB in a Memoire setting? The side diamonds look like Memoire''s. Love your diamonds!

I am a halo lover but for this beautiful stone. I vote No Halo. I think it would be beautiful without the halo.
30.gif

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Cehrabehra, I agree that our stones could be sisters! They are so very similar. I can''t wait to see how you set yours.

jenniegirlm, I don''t think my setting for my RB is memoire, though it looks very similar to Memoire with the tiny prongs. I got this setting from Bailey Banks & Biddle. It does not have "Memoire" stamped on the inside, but I think it is a good copy of one!

wrstacks: The wedding band that I had to wear with my current e-ring was just a plain platinum band, but I stopped wearing it because the diamonds from the band were scratching it up too much. So even though I am an old married woman of 12 years, I have been wearing my e-ring alone (I already have a 3 stone ring that I wear on my right hand, so can''t wear wedding band on that hand.) With the new cushion, however, I hope to have a setting that would allow a wedding band to go with it.

decodedelighted: I LOVE that east-west Leon Mege. What a beautiful ring!

Kay, I also love that split shank Pokey special. That has to be one of the most beautiful rings on PS. The green stone is gorgeous.

I hope to make a decision soon so that I can wear this beautiful stone!

Just FYI, my Memoire ring does not have Memoire stamped inside it, so that doesn''t mean yours isn''t Memoire. I think BBB carries Memoire, too.

I love your new stone! I see it set in a LEON!!!!

SilverLily, cushions are at the top of my list of favorites and yours is just the prettiest thing. Congratulations, on a lovely choice!

It will be fun to see how you finally decide to set it.

your cushion ring is sooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its soo sparkly! i love how its set sideways instead of vertically, because i always thought that when they are sideways they are soo pretty. it reminds me of leann rimes ring. i hope i can get a 3ct blinder like yours!

I just love cushion cuts. I really like cushion cuts with the chunky facets like your beautiful stone has. Wow...I think it would look stunning in a halo. Post hand pictures when you decided what style you''ll go with.
30.gif

Beautiful cushion! I wouldn't have it set with anything else - just by itself in a 4 prong platinum setting. It doesn't need any helpers.

Date: 11/30/2006 4:15:16 PM
Author: SilverLily
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Cehrabehra, I agree that our stones could be sisters! They are so very similar. I can''t wait to see how you set yours.

jenniegirlm, I don''t think my setting for my RB is memoire, though it looks very similar to Memoire with the tiny prongs. I got this setting from Bailey Banks & Biddle. It does not have ''Memoire'' stamped on the inside, but I think it is a good copy of one!

wrstacks: The wedding band that I had to wear with my current e-ring was just a plain platinum band, but I stopped wearing it because the diamonds from the band were scratching it up too much. So even though I am an old married woman of 12 years, I have been wearing my e-ring alone (I already have a 3 stone ring that I wear on my right hand, so can''t wear wedding band on that hand.) With the new cushion, however, I hope to have a setting that would allow a wedding band to go with it.

decodedelighted: I LOVE that east-west Leon Mege. What a beautiful ring!

Kay, I also love that split shank Pokey special. That has to be one of the most beautiful rings on PS. The green stone is gorgeous.

I hope to make a decision soon so that I can wear this beautiful stone!

I think it probably is from Memoire. BBB carries Memoire, although they don''t advertise in in their cases. The first time I went there I just asked for diamond bands so they led me their only case of bands without telling me who the designer was. On my second visit, when I found out BBB carried Memoire, I speciifcally asked for Memoire bands and the salesperson led me to the *same* case with the same bands I tried on before - I was surprised!

DS2006 is right, the rings aren''t stamped with "Memoire" on it... I guess you got the real thing without even knowing it.
1.gif

Date: 12/1/2006 8:19:49 PM
Author: jenniegirlm

I think it probably is from Memoire. BBB carries Memoire, although they don''t advertise in in their cases. The first time I went there I just asked for diamond bands so they led me their only case of bands without telling me who the designer was. On my second visit, when I found out BBB carried Memoire, I speciifcally asked for Memoire bands and the salesperson led me to the *same* case with the same bands I tried on before - I was surprised!

DS2006 is right, the rings aren''t stamped with ''Memoire'' on it... I guess you got the real thing without even knowing it.
1.gif
Well, if it is, I surely wouldn''t take the round stone out of that setting! I''d alternate wearing the round and the cushion!

i vote for a thin pave style halo, with tiny melees, like 1 pointers. your stone is stunning!!! i love the fat facets look. that thing''ll will put someone''s eye out!
9.gif

whatever you decide, i''m sure it''ll be gorgeous!

Oh that stone is gorgeous!! I hope to someday have a cushion (prob won''t be that big unfortunately!!!
2.gif
) I love halos and hope to someday have a halo ring myself but that stone is BIG! If I were to do halo with that ring I would try a very tiny halo or something i''ve seen where its not a halo around the stone but a halo set below the stone, does anyone know what I mean? I have no idea what thats called though. It adds some extra bling but the stone is still front and center. I also vote for having Leon do your setting, a stone that gorgeous deserves the best!

What a gorgeous stone...it''s going to be a stunner in whatever throne you decide it should sit in!!

Oh I can''t believe I missed this. Sorry for the late post. This is a loverly cushion. It looks like it reflects alot of wonderful colors. Congratulations on a FAB stone purchase.

Just love cushions in all of their variety.

That is gorgeous.
I vote for no halo and a pave split shank to set it off without competing with it.

WOW!
30.gif
30.gif
I really am loving your cushion! I vote definitely no halo with a beauty of a stone like that!

It is so beautiful!!! I wonder how I missed this one
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Silverlily...can''t wait to see the setting you choose for your beautiful stone. I vote no halo, of course
1.gif
What a huge and gorgeous rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP