shape
carat
color
clarity

My best eBay find yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!! I am sooo excited! I was browsing around ebay for some settings to see whether I can reset (yes, again) my stone in and came across a blurry picture of a what seemed to be nice looking 18k setting halo setting and because it was so cheap, i snatched it up at a Buy It Now of $150.

Well the setting came today and it is very pretty and very intricate. Therefore I proceeded to look at the stampings... it read BKC 18K with a logo of some sort. I suspected Beverly K and I was right!

Here is a picture of the setting at Pearlmans... http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/110PP1/

And attached are pictures of the actual ring received. It needs a nice polishing and I am still not sure whether my stone fits, but ITS BEVERLY K for $150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to express my joy since hubby seems not to understand my excitement
36.gif

BKSUKII.JPG

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Here is the setting next to the potential stone... think it will fit?? if not then i guess i need to try to convince DH for a stone that will fit
27.gif

BKSUKII2.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a great deal! It is very pretty...congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and an amazing deal! Hope your stone fits.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!!! seriously?! Beverly K for $150?!?! you got one heck of a deal! i love the setting...so detailed and intricate. it's just gorgeous! from the picture, it looks like the stone should fit. what are the stats on your lovely stone? then again if it doesn't, your DH should totally get you a new one based on the fact that you only spent $150 on the setting right?
27.gif
please post pics of the finished product whenever it's done!

btw, i think you'll appreciate your e-bay find even more after you read poor Drewbot's e-bay horror story in the RT forum: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-jury-is-in-ebay-diamond-under-ideal-scope.105491/
it's a great thread to read...i laughed and cried!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! What an amazing deal! I wonder why the seller didn''t advertise the setting as Bev K. I''m sure they could have gotten a lot more. But lucky you! I hope your stone fits! Keep us updated.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Caution on the "repolishing" you are considering.

It''s very, very easy to polish out milgraining if the bench is not ultra careful.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
That''s a terrific buy -- and beautiful to boot!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emcry.gif
I''m so jealous!!

But I do think this sort of find is ebay at it''s best! Congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terrific deal!!! I''d certainly save it for a colored gemstone if your diamond doesn''t fit!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Who is the seller? Do they have any other deals there?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a delicious steal - well done! Good eye! I can''t wait to see how your stone will look in there ....

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Holy Poopers I''m SOOOOOOOOO Jealous!! That is a fantastic find. WOW!

Congrats! Its spectacular - and if your stone doesn''t fit, I vote colored stone
2.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That is a great deal and a beautiful setting! Hope your stone fits!

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Wow! Great job! It''s a beaut for sure. I get so frustraded with Ebay.. I wish I had your people''s luck!

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks one for sharing my excitement! It's great to be a part of the PS community :)

Here's an update - I brought the ring to my jeweler and he said my stone will fit (hehe hubby is happy about that) but will sit slightly higher then the stone that was in there before therefore the prongs will need to be redone. Now my choice is whether I should keep it double prong or change it to a single. The jeweler suggests a single prong and honestly I worry about the workmanship if they do double prongs because it can so easily look too bulky and wrong. What do you think? Single or keep it double like the way Beverly k intended it to be?

Thanks again for all the kind replies!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding me? Why can''t I get that lucky on ebay?!?!?
39.gif
Maybe because I have no clue what I am looking for, but that is one heck of a deal. Good find!
36.gif

I''d offer you advice on the prongs if I could, but I''m just out of jewelry clueless class.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Super dooper find!

I am pleased your rock will squeeze in. Please consider re-doing the double prongs. If your jeweller cannot manage to re create them then try another jeweller.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a great find. Lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one HECK of a steal, and it''s just gorgeous!!!! Congraulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results