shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s reset help thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay folks, it''s time for yet another thread from Dreamer asking for help
26.gif
10.gif
25.gif

So I am loving my new 1.2ct G SI2 diamond, and I love the size too if you can believe it
2.gif
So now its time to find my diamond a home that it can love and enjoy for a few years at least.

I am torn between two options:

1) A three stone ring with .30ct sides. Love this look, love the extra blinggage, love the finger coverage. But I have an infant and will have another child before too long (no, not quite yet
2.gif
) and I worry about my ring getting knocked around and damaged
7.gif
I do smack my solitaire around more than I would like, and I like to wear my ring every day.

2) A semi-bezel setting of some sort, pobably with a thicker band, that will keep my stone safe, won''t poke the kids and get knocked around. Practical, stylish, modern... well suited to my personal style. But not super blingy ya know?

I know I could get a three stone semi-bezel, but I haven''t seen any designs that really sing to me in that style... if you have suggestions please post em!!

So what direction should I go: practical or more bling??

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Is your ring insured? If so, I would go with the three stone :) Unless you love the bezel look, I''d go with the setting you prefer and not worry about banging it up etc. Granted, if one of the options was a pave encrusted setting maybe I''d feel differently, but as between a three stone and a semi bezel, I''d go for the blingy three stone!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, I love 3 stone rings, so I love idea nunmber 1. I think that the .3 ct sides would be perfect.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a Meyer bezel a la Coaties?
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dreamer, get the ring that you love the most and don''t worry too much about how much you might knock it around. your kids are only little for a very short time where this would be a concern, so you may opt to not wear it at home while changing diapers etc. But, in a few months when they are bigger you may find that you sacrificed and got something you didn''t really have your heart set on. take it from me who just went through this with the ring I got after I had Jake. I actually tried to consign it b/c it sat in a box and I didn''t feel comfortable wearing it in the small town we were living at the time or when i was around Jake. Fast forward almost 2 years and I''m getting my ring back (thank goodness it didn''t sell) b/c it''s just my favorite ring and it has meaning to me. Anyway, just my humble .02

If you really loves bezels that I love Coati''s ring or the Sholdt ring. You can''t really get more classic than a 3 stone though. I guess I''m not much help
37.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok,,, just because you asked if there were any suggestions... This is my dream three stone semi bezel by Claude Thibaudeau....and I almost had WF start to create one but with a bezel surprise colored stone, however since I hadn''t seen one IRL I backed out
7.gif
he''s a Canadian designer, I wonder if there is a retailer near you? it is very substantial looking. Not sure if you like this idea or not, just throwing it out there...

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I love what-should-Dreamer-do threads!!

Okay, I''m hearing that the 3-stone makes your heart sing. (I can relate - I have the same size fingers as you and recently found my dream 3-stone ring only with a spess center that made my heart go ka-thunk). Assuming it would cost more than a semi-bezel solitaire, can you afford it right now? If not then my answer is easy - go with the semi-bezel and save up for the three-stone. Maybe buy one side stone at a time. The semi-bezel will be such a different look from what you have now and I think it will look bigger. And you''ll still have a project to look forward to. (V. important, IMO).

If you can afford the three-stone now then just get it and don''t worry about knocking it around. I doubt it would get more dinged up than your solitaire.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I would get the three-stone, make sure its insured and call it a day.

I knock my three stone around all the time and it''s holding up ok:) You''re will be a lot bigger, but I really think it''s what you''ll like. You can always take it off at home, your kid(s) will be grown soon, and then you''ll have a ring you really, really, really love.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is another Semi Bezel.... but I would most likely go with Sholdt still
30.gif

http://www.markpatterson.com/

I can''t decide which one I like better....Tough Choice... I''d get one done now, and then in a few years get the other one
31.gif
41.gif

bezelmarkpattersondt.JPG

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer I know this is about what you want but I''d go with a classic three stone ring. There is something so wonderful about them. I have one and I am not particularly careful and it is holding up well. The Claude Thibodeau one D&T posted is way too modern for my taste despite the fact I am Canadian and there is a jeweller near my house that sells his work.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
As others have suggested go with a three stone style you love, insure, wear it, and enjoy it. I went from a solitaire to a three stone ring and I have never regretted it. I just love the way they look. Mine is a semi-bezel but it is open on the sides and I haven''t found it to be particularly delicate or high maintenance.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD- I also have to say that semi bezels, bezels look is very different imo than prong setting, and some people love them or not. I happen to love them, have you seen and tried on semi bezels? I would recommend putting one on your finger to assess whether you like this look for a few years. I "thought" I could live with prongs when I did like my 3rd reset, and it was not me. Anyhow a three stone semi bezel will be very modern looking as well (I think even more so than a solitaire semi bezel) so I am with Mrssalvo- in that get what you love now, so you don't regret it with or without kids.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon 3 stone reset with side rounds or pears!
30.gif
31.gif

Or, an option not on the list: a Tiffany 6 prong repro, as the 6 prong setting is more secure and it will add a bit of size.

E B

Ideal_Rock
kelley1975 has a beautiful three stone semi-bezel. I especially love the profile.

!cid_002e01c8bedc$9108e160$233127AF@win_or.jpg

sideprofilering.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Guess what I''m going to suggest? Yep, a three stone James Meyer! Stones are safe and won''t hurt the kids. You get all the bling you wanted, and still have a delicate, beautiful ring!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a Caleb Meyer full-bezel three stone:

(Three stones with full bezels? Talk about finger coverage!)

calebmeyer3s.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Do you plan to wear this ring with your Dream band? If so, I''d think carefully about getting a bezel -- while prong-set e-rings can work very well with bezel-set eternities, I think it''s a lot harder to rock a shared-prong eternity with a bezeled e-ring and really make it work. Not that it couldn''t be done, but it might involve a lot of trial and error, which doesn''t seem to be what you want. If you''re planning on wearing a different wedding band with it, never mind me...

Anyway, overall I''m with the other ladies who say to get the look that will make you happiest and make sure it''s insured!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I say an insured 3-stone. You said you LOVE them and you should have what you love.
30.gif

3 stone with rounds or pears. I really can''t wait to see what you decide. I''ll be following your process closely. Very exciting!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too say get what you want! I happen to have a three stone ring and I love the bling it produces. Every so often I miss the solitaire look but could not really imagine giving up my three stone to go back - I think my finger would look naked!

Seriously, that''s the purpose of insurance - to have something beautiful to wear and enjoy everyday. Then if God forbid anything terrible happens to it, you can have it replaced or repaired.

Please show us your idea of a great three stone ring!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2010 9:50:22 AM
Author: mrssalvo
dreamer, get the ring that you love the most and don't worry too much about how much you might knock it around. your kids are only little for a very short time where this would be a concern, so you may opt to not wear it at home while changing diapers etc. But, in a few months when they are bigger you may find that you sacrificed and got something you didn't really have your heart set on. take it from me who just went through this with the ring I got after I had Jake. I actually tried to consign it b/c it sat in a box and I didn't feel comfortable wearing it in the small town we were living at the time or when i was around Jake. Fast forward almost 2 years and I'm getting my ring back (thank goodness it didn't sell) b/c it's just my favorite ring and it has meaning to me. Anyway, just my humble .02

If you really loves bezels that I love Coati's ring or the Sholdt ring. You can't really get more classic than a 3 stone though. I guess I'm not much help
37.gif
Sorry for the threadjack but good for you MrsSalvo! It is a beautiful ring and I'm so glad that you will now be wearing and enjoying it! This one makes my heart smile for you!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 1:46:01 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Date: 1/30/2010 9:50:22 AM

Author: mrssalvo

dreamer, get the ring that you love the most and don''t worry too much about how much you might knock it around. your kids are only little for a very short time where this would be a concern, so you may opt to not wear it at home while changing diapers etc. But, in a few months when they are bigger you may find that you sacrificed and got something you didn''t really have your heart set on. take it from me who just went through this with the ring I got after I had Jake. I actually tried to consign it b/c it sat in a box and I didn''t feel comfortable wearing it in the small town we were living at the time or when i was around Jake. Fast forward almost 2 years and I''m getting my ring back (thank goodness it didn''t sell) b/c it''s just my favorite ring and it has meaning to me. Anyway, just my humble .02

If you really loves bezels that I love Coati''s ring or the Sholdt ring. You can''t really get more classic than a 3 stone though. I guess I''m not much help
37.gif

Sorry for the threadjack but good for you MrsSalvo! It is a beautiful ring and I''m so glad that you will now be wearing and enjoying it! This one makes my heart smile for you!
35.gif

thanks MGR!! I''m very, very excited about it
36.gif

*threadjack over*

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
THREE STONE! My favorite three stone is AmberGretchen's WF ring! It would look goorgeous with your new push present as well
30.gif
31.gif

ETA: Ambergretchen's first thread I know there is another thread around PS somewhere with better pictures! I'll try to hunt it down...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for a three stone since I know you''ve had your heart set on that for a long time.

To be honest, when my sister''s kids were infants and I helped take care of them, neither she nor I wore any rings around the babies and we kept our nails very short too. Once they hit a year old and they''re toddling around the house, they''re stronger and tougher and they''ll be causing brusies of their own and you won''t have to worry very much about your rings because they won''t be in your arms as much. They''re only very small for a short period of time. I think you should have what you want and just take your rings off (if you''re really worried) when they''re tiny.

Three stone, set low like someone suggested.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, a low set three stone. Should really be no problem with the kiddos and knocking it around.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
When I was married to my ex I had a three stone setting with a pear set high and two trilliant tanzanites on each side. I had two children and ran a daycare out of my home and never damaged my ring once. I say go for what you love!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Low-set three-stone!! The blingage would be fabulous!

(And as suggested by others, insure it and you don''t have to worry!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results