shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting to emphasize Shape of Sq H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I keep going back and forth between wanting an Asscher and a Sq H&A. I know my BF prefers the Sq H&A but I want it to really look square when it is set. What type of setting will emphasize the shape? (if I decide on an Asscher I want a split claw SP setting).

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
4-prong.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
you can get heavier prongs that will sit at the four corners and will give the appearance of having four edges - that can fill in the cut edges of an asscher or Sq H&A.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
V-prongs. Like from the GOG site:

AP%20PR92EVVS1%20finished.jpg

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a link to noobie''s jubilee ring. The prongs really make it look like a square.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love noobie''s setting and it really does increase the squareness. I guess it would be considered a V-prong also, but it is different from the one posted with the princess cut?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
prongs like noobies are exactly what you would have to get to create the look of squareness. regular v-prongs won''t work because there are not corners on the stone to fill in the gaps. you would basically create ''corners'' with metal.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think prongs like noobie''s would be perfect! Sharp edges like the v-prongs for princess wouldn''t look quite right, and belle is right about the stone not filling out the corners.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a Noobie copier
emwink.gif

Here is a link to my square h&a in a setting VERY similar to Noobie''s. link

If you''d like to see more pics, I have some at home, I can send you or post. Just PM me.

P.S. I LOVE my square h&a and I also originally wanted an asscher!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''d forgotten about Noobie''s ring. Gosh that''s gorgeous!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Per Indecisive''s request, I''m positing some more pics of my ring. Sorry some of them are fuzzy!

ringcamerabattery1.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Danielle!

Wow, very pretty ring! I love the prongs! Very square looking, yet the prongs are not so overpowering!

Your ring is very pretty and love the cut on your diamond!
30.gif

Have a great day!

35.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
keep going back and forth between wanting an Asscher and a Sq H&A. I know my BF prefers the Sq H&A but I want it to really look square when it is set. What type of setting will emphasize the shape? (if I decide on an Asscher I want a split claw SP setting).

what is an SP setting?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Danielle, thank you so much for posting more pictures of your gorgeous ring!! I think it would look lovely with a Ritani wedding band (which is something I drool over too!!).

To MissCongeniality- what I meant by SP was shared prong like Mara''s rings and what I think (correct me if I am wrong!) is RichardAlex''s beautiful asscher ring (one of my favorite asschers). LOL I am basically copying
7.gif
11.gif
Here is RichardAlex''s ring (I hope it is ok to post here and I hope I can figure out how to post it!)

RA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results