shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are waiting on your custom design to come in...

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
Let's wait together. Seriously, I wish there was a LIW thread here for those who are waiting for their CADs of finished pieces. The wait is killing me, and I even just bought gym membership to keep my mind off of it :lol:

I am waiting for this one for my 2.45 ct RB from a local jeweler. And I swear, if I don't get the CADs by Friday I am finding somebody else :evil:

If you are waiting, please come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_2752.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not waiting for an e-ring CAD but for my revised CAD from DanielM for my mint garnet ring in rose gold (Christmas present from my fiance)... got the first CADs but they had three V prongs instead of a V prong and a semibezel, so requested that correction. Otherwise everything looked good.

img_2625.jpg

icm_fullxfull.jpg
(the "top" of the stone should have a semi-bezel instead of more prongs)

Lissacake4

Rough_Rock
I am waiting! It is killing me. I ordered a Daussi setting through IDJ and it was made incorrectly :( I have already waiting 5 weeks and now it will be another 3-4. I am so antsy for it to be ready. Especially frustrated with the mistake. Sigh....

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
Distracts,
Wow, that is so cool! I can't wait to see the finished product. Be sure to post hand shots when you finally get it.

Lissacakes,
:evil: :evil: :evil: That would make me so irritated! That's a long time to wait. I am not a very patient person and I am really struggling with the need for instant gratification... especially since I already have the stone and can't wear it. Grrrrrrrrrrrr I hope it's worth it and I don't regret going custom.

Lissacake4

Rough_Rock
Mommy2BMR,

Your design looks absolutely gorgeous! I am sure it will all be worth it, but the waiting is so painful. Hang in there and keep us updated, can't wait to see the CADs.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
OMG I'm right there with you!!!! I have two projects in the works but they should both me done in the next two weeks. Of course that week I'm also traveling for work :((

The first ring is a 2.65ctw 3 stone ring from Steven Kirsch (a la the lovely Yssie's ring) and then I'm also waiting on my 5ct OMC from OWD set into a PLAT rosebud setting. I know both rings were started today. I'm practically ready to run to NYC to help set them myself that is how crazy this is making me. I don't remember being this nuts over other projects or even my ering....well maybe not completely true, but I think it is just worst because I have 2 in the works.

Distracts- that mint is gorgeous!!!!!!!!! And I really like the design you picked out. It has a beautiful flow to it!

Mommy2b- I love your sketch too. I'm a sucker for a thin shank and double claw prongs. That is perfection in my eyes!

Lissacake- Can you post a picture of the Daussi you ordered? I'm helping a friend pick out her ering and she loves Daussi so I'm curious to see!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting here too!

Having my original e-ring reset to a halo for my right hand. I was able to see the wax last week and all looked good, but now it's a waiting game. Part of me is super excited, and part of me is anxious as I want to make sure it's perfect.

Tick tick tick... :errrr:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waiting on sketches for my mint cushion ring, does that count?

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
I am WELL aquainted with that feeling! I started my design process in March and finally got my finished ring in October!!!
Granted... I made a lot of changes along the way. But the WAIT was a killer!!

I LOVE you sketch!! Your design is very much like my ring, minus the halo. I love a partial split-shank and double prongs. It looks to be an amazing ring!!

img_422.jpg

082912_2.jpg

090612_1137.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Hi! Not waiting for a CAD or ring but I'm gonna do a quick thread jack! Dougsgirl! Where have you been! Enerchi and I miss you! You need to visit more often!

Ok! End of thread jack! Sorry!

I don't mind waiting for things as long as they give me a certain kind of deadline. I learned the hard way. 2 or 3 years ago when I got my tacori made, I kept calling and emailing them asking how it was and when it was gonna be done. When I got the ring, I think they had rushed it, because it had a deep scratch under the ring and the milligrain on the halo is not precise. So, waiting is worth it! Hope you get your CADs soon!!! Your ring looks amazing!!!!!

flamingoezz

Shiny_Rock
yes! i'm awaiting my first CAD for my GF's ring. Should be ready beginning of next week. I'm far too excited to see something that won't be done for 3 more weeks and won't even belong to me.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Still waiting for my ERD re-make. Their bench was closed for almost 2 weeks, so I'll be reaching out shortly to find out what is going on. :bigsmile:

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
YT|1357199778|3346105 said:
Hi! Not waiting for a CAD or ring but I'm gonna do a quick thread jack! Dougsgirl! Where have you been! Enerchi and I miss you! You need to visit more often!

I don't mind waiting for things as long as they give me a certain kind of deadline. I learned the hard way. 2 or 3 years ago when I got my tacori made, I kept calling and emailing them asking how it was and when it was gonna be done. When I got the ring, I think they had rushed it, because it had a deep scratch under the ring and the milligrain on the halo is not precise. So, waiting is worth it! Hope you get your CADs soon!!! Your ring looks amazing!!!!!

Awwwwww.... Thanks YT!! I've missed you guys too!!
It's been a little crazy around here with a new project... Not jewelry... a PUPPY!! :appl:
But I'll be sure to check in more often, and I'll find a way to sneak in some photos of my newest addition. Is there a Show me The Fur thread?? LOL

OK... thread jack over!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dougsgirl said:
YT|1357199778|3346105 said:

Awwwwww.... Thanks YT!! I've missed you guys too!!
It's been a little crazy around here with a new project... Not jewelry... a PUPPY!! :appl:
But I'll be sure to check in more often, and I'll find a way to sneak in some photos of my newest addition. Is there a Show me The Fur thread?? LOL

OK... thread jack over!
Thread jack- puppy!!!!!! I wanna see the puppy!!! What kind!!! You need to make a new thread or come meet me in the random comments thread in Hangout!-thread jack over! Sorry OP!!!!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Mommy2BMR: Gorgeous design; can't wait to see the finished product!

Dougsgirl: BEAUTIFUL!

I've been without an engagement ring for over a month now...long story, but two weeks ago we decided to go with BGD. Waiting on my Novela engagement ring which should arrive next week sometime. My dad also purchased a DBTY necklace for my mom, which should arrive on the same day. The wait is KILLING ME! :shock:

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
Dougsgirl, gorgeous!!!!!!!!

So... got the CAD today but it's not quite the way I drew it out. I sent him several "inspiration" photos and then the drawing, but I don't think he saw the drawing. We talked on the phone and he said he'll send the updated CAD tomorrow.

Below is that he sent me. A couple of questions:
1) He said the diamonds on the shank will come after and he can't render them on the CAD so I have to use my imagination. We have already discussed the type of shared prong on the band, so hopefully he remembered.
2) It looks a little thick. Is that normal for a CAD?
3) I like his design with diamonds on the prongs too. Is it better than mine?

_2793.jpg

_2794.jpg

_2795.jpg

16.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Well it's a good thing he's sending out new cads tomorrow! It looks NOTHING like your drawing!!!

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1357256133|3346753 said:
Well it's a good thing he's sending out new cads tomorrow! It looks NOTHING like your drawing!!!

Well, I feel like he got the right idea, don't you think? My main concern was the split being subtle enough, and it looks good I think. He got the double prongs too. The details on the basket were a little bit less important to me, but he said he'll do it.

Does it look too thick or is it just the CAD?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Mommy2BMR|1357257178|3346773 said:
04diamond<3|1357256133|3346753 said:

Well, I feel like he got the right idea, don't you think? My main concern was the split being subtle enough, and it looks good I think. He got the double prongs too. The details on the basket were a little bit less important to me, but he said he'll do it.

Does it look too thick or is it just the CAD?

I would ask the designer, but I believe that is just the CAD making it look bulky.

Does the basket look really low to anyone else? Did you want it set that low?

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
It doesn't look too low to me, what do you guys think? I wonder if the bulkiness of the CAD is contributing to the heavy-set look. I'll ask him tomorrow exactly how thick the shank will be in mm. I know he is reusing some of my existing shank diamonds, and my current band is roughly 2 mm.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Mommy2BMR|1357258524|3346792 said:
It doesn't look too low to me, what do you guys think? I wonder if the bulkiness of the CAD is contributing to the heavy-set look. I'll ask him tomorrow exactly how thick the shank will be in mm. I know he is reusing some of my existing shank diamonds, and my current band is roughly 2 mm.

The basket definitely looks low and the whole ring looks very thick. Your picture shows a delicate setting and the cad just looks much thicker.

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
The CAD is missing the arch that frames your cathedral setting. I agree with some of the previous posters that the CAD looks quite different. I prefer your drawing much better. My fiance said that what he sent you looks like a template that didn't take long to make...was the jeweler rushed or pressed for time?

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
I guess I was rushing him, yes. Maybe I shouldn't do that and request a CAD that has all the elements?
He will be modifying everything to make it look like the drawing. We'll see!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Well, regardless --I'm glad that isn't the final design. lol The arch (shank ---I think that's what it's called) is just one element that completes your ring. It's going to be gorgeous!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would have him set the basket up higher similar to your drawling. I think when diamonds are set that low it makes them look smaller then if they were set higher up.

As this jeweler done pave work before? Have you seen it in person?

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
Yes, they've done a lot of pave work. However, he says that my design calls for shared prongs, not technically "pave" on the shank, and true pave on the basket. And then he showed me two design options for the shared prong and we picked one of them.
He is located downtown Boston, in the jewelers building with TONS of other jewelers and many benches on premises, so not just a guy off the street. They are busy and have a lot of clients and also many positive yelp reviews. So there is hope, I suppose, lol.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Mommy2BMR|1357162229|3345718 said:
Let's wait together. Seriously, I wish there was a LIW thread here for those who are waiting for their CADs of finished pieces. The wait is killing me, and I even just bought gym membership to keep my mind off of it :lol:

I am waiting for this one for my 2.45 ct RB from a local jeweler. And I swear, if I don't get the CADs by Friday I am finding somebody else :evil:

If you are waiting, please come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sketches are beautiful! Worth the wait! :love: I never can tell anything from the CADs, they always look thick to me. :?:

I'm waiting for my diamond to be set. I told them it was important to have it to me by Christmas. After a bit of time, I was asked if it was okay if the ring arrived after Christmas and I said fine, as I do understand the hectic Christmas schedule and I knew they might not be able to make that Christmas deadline. Then they called back and asked if it was okay if the ring arrived after January 1st and I said "No, it was NOT okay". December 30th came and I heard nothing, December 31st came and I heard nothing. And guess what? It's January 3rd and I have *still* heard nothing. It's just poor customer service. And do you know what makes me really upset? I just read their bench has been closed for two weeks, which means they made promises to me they *knew* they couldn't keep. Why would anyone do that??? That's even worse than poor customer service. :nono:

Lissacake4

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621-

I ordered Henri Daussi setting AHWS (photo below). I have a princess stone so it was the square version of that setting. It is very beautiful, just what I was looking for. However, after 5 weeks of patiently waiting, it came in cushion shaped. Yekutiel from ID Jewelry is the person I have been working with, we went over the details multiple times, as it was supposed to be perfectly square, just with soft corners. I am pretty frustrated and disappointed. I chose IDJ and Daussi because of the stellar reviews so I am not sure how this happened, especially because I was so clear and there was a lot of communication. I already went through a few ring disasters and was hoping to avoid another. Yekutiel has promised me Daussi will fix their mistake and remake it. But more waiting for now...

henri-daussi-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-ahws-1-c.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Lissacake4|1357325768|3347346 said:
Sarahbear621-

I ordered Henri Daussi setting AHWS (photo below). I have a princess stone so it was the square version of that setting. It is very beautiful, just what I was looking for. However, after 5 weeks of patiently waiting, it came in cushion shaped. Yekutiel from ID Jewelry is the person I have been working with, we went over the details multiple times, as it was supposed to be perfectly square, just with soft corners. I am pretty frustrated and disappointed. I chose IDJ and Daussi because of the stellar reviews so I am not sure how this happened, especially because I was so clear and there was a lot of communication. I already went through a few ring disasters and was hoping to avoid another. Yekutiel has promised me Daussi will fix their mistake and remake it. But more waiting for now...

henri-daussi-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-ahws-1-c.jpg

Oh i'm sorry Lissacakes! But dont' worry it sounds like Yekutiel is all over that one. Sometimes mistakes just happen and it sounds like it was Daussi's fault and not IDJ. Goodluck and I know it sucks waiting!

I'm hoping to hear something early next week on one of my rings and I feel the waiting is so much worse beacuse we are down to the 11th hour. :sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results