shape
carat
color
clarity

GORGEOUS Kruppy EC for the brave... and why EC numbers lie

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was on JA looking for diamonds for someone and I ran into this Krupp Style diamond and it really caught my eye. It has a very persuasive personality that said, "Take a closer look at me!"

So I did. And I started laughing when I saw the numbers. This stone breaks all the rules! The whole thing is taboos. It's an SI step cut. The depth is WAY less than the table and the table is huge. It's a K color to boot.

But as the video kept going round and round I was half way to smitten (but broke, else I'd buy it). But the stone wouldn't let me forget it and the crown height looked decent. So I emailed Jim Schultz and told him flat out I can't buy it, but would love to see an ASET if he doesn't mind.

And he came through, and the ASET just affirmed for me that this is a cool stone for the right person.

And the price for a 1.69 carat stone!! (Price is under 6k) COMPLETELY eyeclean to boot!

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.69-carat-k-color-si1-clarity-sku-298839

Jim is releasing it into the wild... so if anyone brave is looking for a COMPLETELY AWESOME Kruppy EC with a bit of warmth for cold nights.... this might be the stone for you.

I want it to go to go a good home, cause right now I'm tempted to sell my Odds and Ends necklace and buy this puppy! And I really shouldn't do that.

298839aset.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Re: GORGEOUS Kruppy EC for the brave... and why EC numbers l

WOW! Looks beautiful. I love the shape, and am personally quite partial to warmer diamonds.... It's showing as not available - do you remember the price?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

misskittycat|1398468954|3660171 said:
WOW! Looks beautiful. I love the shape, and am personally quite partial to warmer diamonds.... It's showing as not available - do you remember the price?

It will be available tomorrow, Jim had it hold while the ASET was being done. He's releasing it now. The price was under 6k. :naughty:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

That's a great price for a nice size diamond!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

misskittycat|1398469472|3660182 said:

I know right? Just a little under what I'd ask for my Odds and Ends necklace. But I REALLY can't sell that. I'm tempted though. VERY tempted.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love my " K". I've never looked back or regretted it. It's perfect in every way!! It's a great diamond don't let K slow you down! :love: Neat find awesome price!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1398469538|3660185 said:

I know right? Just a little under what I'd ask for my Odds and Ends necklace. But I REALLY can't sell that. I'm tempted though. VERY tempted.

Do it! Or go post this bin a few of the ec threads out lately. ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niel|1398469674|3660189 said:
Gypsy|1398469538|3660185 said:

Do it! Or go post this bin a few of the ec threads out lately. ;-)

Neil, I totally would. I never wear that necklace. But the chain is from my grandmother who is gone (Dementia but still physically alive), the 7 point stones are from my mom's wedding band from my father (the only piece of jewelry she still had that he gave her) and the one of the other stones is from one of my best friends.

It is too much sentimental value so I am hoping to pass it on to someone later in life.

So... I REALLY shouldn't sell it.

So go ahead and post it around! Remove my temptation.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Is it me or does it look more tinted than some of the other K colored ECs we've seen ( I'm thinking about mayk's, which looks super white to me)...I do love the step pattern and all around "Kruppy-ness" of it and the price is unbeatable!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

HAH! I accidentally inflated the price.

It's 5,330 for some reason my phone app shows the right price.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

Yeah i'd put it in a yellow diamond pave halo and wear it on my right hand. Yes it is spectacular.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

yennyfire|1398471608|3660219 said:
Is it me or does it look more tinted than some of the other K colored ECs we've seen ( I'm thinking about mayk's, which looks super white to me)...I do love the step pattern and all around "Kruppy-ness" of it and the price is unbeatable!

Some of JA's videos do that for some reason. Make the stones look very tinted. I don't know why.

When I asked I was told that it was a true K. So it probably is the video making it look so tinted.

This is the pictures of Mayk's diamond (hers is on the left) so you can see it looks very tinted here too:

_17339.jpg

I agree though in person, while Mayk's stone was slightly creamy, it was no where near as tinted in as it looks in that picture.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Great find,gypsy!
Post it to a few posters that have been looking for ec, that u have been helping out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

gregchang35|1398472712|3660232 said:
Great find,gypsy!
Post it to a few posters that have been looking for ec, that u have been helping out.

None of them are brave enough to take a chance on a K. Most want to be conservative as they are buying for someone else. Which I understand. So they stay at H and above. Only (in my experience) experienced PSers take chances like that. Even with a 60 day return policy.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow! That is a pretty diamond! If I had the funds I would be tempted!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1398471953|3660225 said:
yennyfire|1398471608|3660219 said:

Some of JA's videos do that for some reason. Make the stones look very tinted. I don't know why.

When I asked I was told that it was a true K. So it probably is the video making it look so tinted.

This is the pictures of Mayk's diamond (hers is on the left) so you can see it looks very tinted here too:

_17339.jpg

I agree though in person, while Mayk's stone was slightly creamy, it was no where near as tinted in as it looks in that picture.
I find the lighting in in Ja tends to accentuate different tones over others.

Id set it in a simple rose gold claw prong setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, just for the sake of diversity of opinion...I really DO like the shape of this stone! The price is nice, too, for a stone this size if the buyer likes K color. But I dislike the large table size because a smaller table results in a much prettier crown, in my opinion, and I would really have to have that.

I think JA's videos are the best ever for being realistic on color. I salute them for showing actual color so well.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

It's a beauty! Thanks for sharing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

DS, I too prefer higher crowns in general. My own asscher has a 15% crown (or over it??). This stone probably won't throw as much fire as one with a smaller table and higher crown.

But when I saw Tacori E-ring's EC-- it too has a large table, I thought it was just stunning and since then I've been much more willing to consider a larger table on a stone with the right performance otherwise.

So, while YES, I ideally it would be fantastic if the table wasn't so large, I don't consider it an auto-disqualify given the performance from the video (and confirmed by the ASET).

Like I said, it's a good stone for the right person. I definitely agree it's not for everyone though.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is about lighting and seeing the stone in person.. Same day taking photos... One on the porch in the shade on the stone wall the other in the sun... K's can have beautiful character...

_12137.jpg

_17340.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1398474446|3660257 said:
DS, I too prefer higher crowns in general. My own asscher has a 15% crown (or over it??). This stone probably won't throw as much fire as one with a smaller table and higher crown.

But when I saw Tacori E-ring's EC-- it too has a large table, I thought it was just stunning and since then I've been much more willing to consider a larger table on a stone with the right performance otherwise.

So, while YES, I ideally it would be fantastic if the table wasn't so large, I don't consider it an auto-disqualify given the performance from the video (and confirmed by the ASET).

Like I said, it's a good stone for the right person. I definitely agree it's not for everyone though.

That is interesting you'd mention Tacori E-ring's ring since I have also seen it! I don't think at that time I would have been all that conscious of the cut details, but I was extremely pleased with the I color which showed virtually no tint, and of course, her setting is gorgeous! So I think you are right that you can forgive certain things if others are right.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1398474641|3660259 said:
It is about lighting and seeing the stone in person.. Same day taking photos... One on the porch in the shade on the stone wall the other in the sun... K's can have beautiful character...

Lucky to have seen this beauty, too! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great find, that is one very cool stone, maybe you should sell some smaller things and pay it off? I think only a P/S member will appreciate it fully..... did you see the Antique dumpy Kruppy looking one that H. Moraldi had mid last year that was 4+ carats it had a huge table and bad numbers and it was a K or an L and it looked magnificent to my eye.

Hopefully it's a lesson to some of the people arguing with you that you can NOT always judge some cuts by numbers alone. ;-)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a real beauty! I love EC diamonds.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I emailed this stone to myself on 4-17 because I saw it & loved it!!!! Then I went back a day or so later & it was unavailable.

I was kicking myself for not inquiring about it. I will buy it. I have been looking for an upgrade for months. I was really sad when I saw it was gone!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama|1398477083|3660283 said:
I emailed this stone to myself on 4-17 because I saw it & loved it!!!! Then I went back a day or so later & it was unavailable.

I was kicking myself for not inquiring about it. I will buy it. I have been looking for an upgrade for months. I was really sad when I saw it was gone!

Is it gone? or is it still unlisted because of Gypsy?

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Can someone explain what a Kruppy EC is?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1398474446|3660257 said:

Hi Gypsy :wavey: I found this diamond on 4-17 and thought it was beautiful but did wonder how it would pan out performance wise.
My current K EC has a large table and maybe a 10-11% crown. I was floored to see this thread because when I went back to it with the intention of putting it on hold I saw it was unavailable.

If you don't purchase it, I'm going for it! I already called JA and will be notified as soon as it is officially released from your hold.
If You decide to make the purchase I will die a little inside ;)) but wish you the best!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1398477371|3660289 said:

It is unavailable. I have already called and placed a secondary hold on it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

woofmama|1398478257|3660301 said:
Niel|1398477371|3660289 said:

It is unavailable. I have already called and placed a secondary hold on it.

It's PERFECT FOR YOU! I'm so excited for you! I'm not buying it. My DH talked sense into me. I have to keep the necklace.

But I do get lots and lots of photos right?? :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results