shape
carat
color
clarity

1.2ct Round Center - Round or Cushion Halo?

SlightlyLost

Rough_Rock
Well I finally located the perfect stone for me. Now I am trying to decide, round halo or cushion style halo? My GF does not like princess cut stones so I'm slightly worried the cushion halo will make the whole thing look to square. Anyone have any input?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
A round diamond in a cushion halo doesn't resemble a princess stone in the least, so don't worry about that. :))

Personally, I like both. My opinion changes based on the EXACT designs being considered. Do you have any options at this point?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SlightlyLost|1358315168|3356611 said:
Well I finally located the perfect stone for me. Now I am trying to decide, round halo or cushion style halo? My GF does not like princess cut stones so I'm slightly worried the cushion halo will make the whole thing look to square. Anyone have any input?
I personally like round haloes on rounds. I like the round to look round.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the round with the cushion halo . Can you ask her or would that spoil the surprise?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a slight cushion halo on a round. Tacori 2620 and Vatche Grace are two sort of antique style ones with the cushion halo that I like a lot.

For a round halo, I like the ones that Victor Canera does.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer cushion halos for round stones. Is there any way you could have one of her friends try to find out which she prefers?

SlightlyLost

Rough_Rock
I mean I could ask her, but she has pointed out all she wants to I think. I know she wants to be surprised so I don't really want to show her the exact setting. She has pointed out lots of halos, mostly round but some cushions as well. And as for her friends, they would love to help, but I don't trust them!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like she will be happy either way - good news for you!

Maybe choose a couple and then ask which specific setting people prefer. You'll get a more definitive answer that way.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I love a cushion halo with a round center too. But I agree with Ginger that it really depends on the exact setting.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
The idea for a delicate halo is a good one. If you seriously cannot ask her what she'd prefer (ie, show her a picture of an example of each and have her confirm), then I'd go with a delicate round halo w/ her round stone. Since she prefers the shape of a round diamond, you'll be much safer sticking to a round halo for her. Then you can sleep easy ... don't worry, she's gonna LOVE it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results