shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m off the List!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
It''s official ladies. I am no longer a LIW! I cannot post all the details due to the fact that I am at work and cannot devote much time to PS right now. However, I promise that when I can I will get the hand shots up along with the proposal story.

It happened last night. It was perfect. And now I am a bride to be :)

Anyhow, for those who want a little teaser pic- FI posted a pic of my diamond a couple of weeks ago on SMTR. It is by iluvher and the thread is called "I just can''t wait".
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-just-cant-wait.30737/

Hopefully, I did that link right. Anyhow, it is a .96 Regent and the setting was custom designed with the pics on my previous thread "The Ring of my Dreams- Literally" as the inspiration. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-ring-of-my-dreams-literally.27410/=

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!
36.gif
I cant wait to hear everything!
36.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Excellent news!!!!! I''m so happy for you! Too bad you''ve had to contain it at work rather than literally bouncing off the walls!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

CONGRATULATIONS to my favorite midtown Tulsa Pricescope buddy
9.gif
!!!!!!! I''m so excited for you KY6!!!! OMG, that Regent looks really spectacular, and your FIANCE is quite the photographer!!!! Oh I just can''t wait to see more pictures and hear all about it!!!

Once I found PS, the Regent is the first shape I really fell in love with. Even though I got a round, it was with the knowledge that hopefully a Regent would be in my future as an anniverary ring.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations ky6!!!
Can''t wait til you can tell us more about your night and your ring!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO!!!!!! Congrats, Hooray, Yee-ha!!! I love regents, and I can't wait to see all the pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: Okay, I just checked out that old thread......#1, I love how cute and stealthy your FIANCE was (great screenname of his, btw--awww!!!) and #2, OH MY GOSH, that stone is GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to see it in the setting!!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Can''t wait to see some hand pics!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!

We want ring pics! We want ring pics! We want ring pics!
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I can''t wait to see your beautiful ring and hand pics and of course hear the proposal story!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Where are you? You arent out being sweet on the guy who proposed are you?
31.gif
You ought to be here typing and dishing all the details.
12.gif
11.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I remember that stone! and the ring... HAS to be fabulous. how exciting.. can''t wait to hear about the proposal. congrats!!!
1.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I just got some drool on my keyboard.

That ring is BEAUTIFUL
23.gif
! Wow, I''ve never considered a regent before.....

I can''t wait to hear the story.
36.gif

Congratulations!!!!
Munchkin

Misato-san

Rough_Rock
omg that diamond is sooo beautiful!
can''t wait to see more pics!
congrats!!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I remember that diamond!! It''s so beautiful. Hurry with the hand shots and the details!!
3.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! can''t wait to see some hand pics!!!!!
3.gif

GemHorse16

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to the new graduate! I''m sure your ring is gorgeous.

Can''t wait to see pics!

Sky
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
COngrats! The loose diamond looks incredible! Cán''t wait to see pics of that gorgeous ring
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness... the waiting is torture!!!! I sure hope you''re off having fun with your honey!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Sorry all for disappearing for a while. I had jury trials set mon and tues, tues night my girlfriends and I went out to celebrate and last night a friend of mine cooked me dinner for my birthday. So needless to say things have been a bit hectic. I tried to take some pics of the ring. However, I am not doing as good of a job as FI did on the one of the diamond so I may have to wait until he gets back from Miami (he is there on business until Friday).

So, the story. Where to start...Okay, my 29th bday was sunday. FI had given a timeline long ago that I just couldn''t seem to let go of. Even though, I knew the jeweler was most likely not going to have my ring done in time. FI had said that I would be engaged long before my 29th bday. Well, then we discovered PS and ring shopping suddenly took on a whole new dimension the more educated we became :)

So last Thursday and Friday he was in Dallas on business. His parents wanted to take me out to dinner for my bday so we planned that for Friday evening. But then, due to the weather in Dallas, his return flight was delayed and he did not get in until 9 o''clock that night. So we had to cancel dinner and I just sat at his house and waited for each update on the flight info as the night progressed. While I waited (3 hours), I cleaned his house from top to bottom. Boredom and a bit of pissyness can be a good thing some times. So he finally got in and I was laying on the couch in a bad mood, sweaty and dirty from the 3 hour cleaning frenzy I had just been on. I did not want to move but he finally talked me into going out to get a late dinner.

The next day, I skipped my kickboxing class that morning. He said he wanted to go on a picnic at lunchtime but he said first he needed to go to the grocery store since he was going to be out of town all this week on business in Miami. So I went home and relaxed while he was shopping. He came over with a whole bunch of flowers (which included Gerbera Daisies and Calla Lillies, my fave) and several glass vases he bought. He arranged the flowers in vases all over my house. So then I start thinking- is the proposal coming. But he said the flowers were for my birthday- he never went to the grocery store. I told him that I wanted to grab a quick bite and go see a movie, so he acquiesed. After the movie we went to get sushi for dinner. The whole time he keeps talking about how tired he is- thought it must be from the traveling the 2 days before. He apologized but said he didn''t think he would be able to make it if he didn''t go home and take a nap. So he did and then later that night we went out with my friends for my birthday.

Sunday, my parents were having a family party for me. As FI and I were headed over there, we got into a wreck. We were stopped at a red light and someone slammed into the back of us. The other driver had no driver''s license, no insurance, did not own the car they were driving, and did not speak english at all. This is only a half mile from my parents house. So needless to say we were over an hour late for my own birthday and I was in a not so happy mood. We are going on vacation in a week and half (and had planned on taking his car) and now we have $1000 less because he has to pay his deductible to make the claim on his own insurance.

So, Monday he was due to leave for business in Miami, but put that off a day to get in touch with the insurance company and get some estimates (btw $7000 damage to the car). He called me and said that he was going to go ahead and leave the car at the body shop since he was going out of town for a week anyway and that he would just have his mom drop him off at my house. So I spoke to him not long after he got to my house and asked what he was doing. He said he was just returning the favor and doing a little cleaning. He said he was trying to find something at my house to make for dinner (he makes dinner every night) and told him he had time, since I had my kickboxing classes on Monday right after work. He said that he forgot about that, but hoped that I skip since he was leaving the next day. I told him that because he was going to be out of town and I would have to go straight home to take care of the dogs while he was gone, that I was going to go since I wouldn''t be able to the rest of the week. I said, unless of course, you are going to propose! He said, well, I guess you better go to class.

So after kickboxing, I got home hot and sweaty and he had the shower running. He told me that given all the stress of this weekend he thought I should have a relaxing night. So he took me to the bathroom (which had been freshly cleaned!) and there were candles lit everywhere. I thought that maybe that would be the night, but since he is a computer programmer (and given some things I had found on his computer) I really thought he would do something on the computer to propose; I don''t have a computer at my house. So I quickly dismissed the idea and decided to enjoy my relaxing night. After I got out of the shower he told me dinner would be a few more minutes so I might as well go get dressed. I told him I was content to wear my bathrobe, but kind of looked at me funny. So I went and put on my pajamas- I told him that since it was a relaxing night that I wasn''t going to get dressed.

We sat down at my dinner table (which had been set for dinner and candles were lighting the dining room) and ate a very nice meal. He kept asking me about the trial that day (which I did think was a little suspect, since he normally is not so interested in my work). At the end of dinner I was finished talking about my day and he sat there quiet for a moment and then said, let''s talk about you. He started to talk about when we met and our relationship ever since, and then he got down on his knee in front of me. I immediately covered my face and said no (as in no, this is not happening- disbelief) and he looked at me funny and said I haven''t even asked you anything yet. So I urged him to ask so that I could say yes! There were lots of tears and laughter.

It was so perfect, and so us. When he started the speech the dogs were running in circles around the dining room table barking so he had to get up in the middle of his talk about me and let them out- when he did I looked down at his pockets and did not see any ring box shaped bulges and assumed that this was not the night. So needless to say, he really did manage to surprise me.

After I said yes, he handed me a photo album that I have been making throughout our relationship, he flipped it to the back and there was a picture he had taken of my ring. (which he had been hiding under the table ledge). So now I get to write in our future.

So after everything, I found out that he had originally planned on talking to my parents on Friday and doing it on Saturday, but he couldn''t meet with my parents b/c his flight was so late and the jeweler was not there when he went to pick up the ring on Saturday. So then he was going to meet with my parents Saturday, but then I told him I wanted to see a movie. So he called my parents and again had to push their meeting back. He finally managed to get away to meet with them, by telling me he wanted to go home and take a nap. After he could not get the ring Sat he pushed the proposal back to the following weekend, but when he was stuck here Monday because of the wreck he said he wanted to make lemonade out of the lemons from the weekend. He improvised the candle lit shower b/c he knew that I wouldn''t want to be proposed to all sticky and sweaty. The flowers he had also previously ordered for the originally planned Saturday proposal. I love how he just rolled with the punches and still pulled off something so perfect.

So I am sure we will have serve lemonade now at our wedding :)

ky6

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I just saw how long that was when it posted. Sorry about that. I think I just cannot help chatting away happily about it.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwwww!!!! I love it!!!! What a sweet guy and so great that he just rolls with the punches so easily!!!! That's just so precious that he knew you would not want to be icky and sweaty when he got down on 1 knee!!!

Congratulations again - can't wait to see pics when you can!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
wow. that regent is stunning. I''m a huge fan of that cut. Different and GORGEOUS.

Love the proposal story!!! YAY!!!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
oh ky6

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled for you, your stone is stunning - can''t wait to see your ring.

the proposal was just sooooooo sweet and romantic and just lovely-lovely ! I agree with the girls, your sweetie is pretty amazing at rolling with the punches and putting things together despite all the hiccups !

I''m SO HAPPY for you - both of you .........

*bouncebouncebouncehappybyosmosis*
C

ashby

Rough_Rock
Don''t ever feel bad about long proposal stories... you know we all love to read them!!! Besides when it comes to our turn you know we will do the same. Your fiance (used to the word yet??) sounds very sweet and I loved your story. It''s great reading about how different proposals are depending on the couple - there''s such a diversity of people out there, isn''t it amazing that people find their perfect partners every day?
Sorry, am in a philosophical mood today
28.gif

Congratulations on your engagement ky6!! Love your diamond (drool)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
that is a super sweet proposal!!! can''t wait for the pics now
36.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
ashby- I guess I must be in a philosophical mood too, beacuse I just cannot help but marvel how well things sometimes just seem to fall into place. Even during what seems to be the worst times. Oh and no, I am not quite used to the word fiance yet. But I think I will warm up to it rather quickly! I am just now getting used to a ring being on that finger (and just now learning not to constantly stare at it every lighting situation- the first morning I drove out in the sunlight with my hand on the wheel right in my line of sight, I almost forgot to watch for red lights!)

Thanks to everyone for sharing in my excitement with me. It really is so wonderful to be part of a spectacular group.

As for the pics, I got out my digital camera the other night and tried to get some good shots. However, I do not have a computer at my house and the USB to transfer it at my FI''s (!). He comes home tonight so I promise, I will get some pics up tonight.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry about you car accident that is a major bummer! But what a sweet and thoughtful man to pick up your mood with a supper spiffy ring. I love the story very cute! Congrats and I cant wait to see the pictures of that ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results