shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies- How long does your makeup routine take you?

How long does your makeup routine take?

• 0 Minutes

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • 1-5 Minutes

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • 5-10 Minutes

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • 10-15 Minutes

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • 15 or More

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I love makeup and if I have the time I will spend 20 minutes or more applying shadow, liquid liner, the works. But my everyday work look generally takes about 5 minutes. A little tinted moisture (foundation if I'm tired and sallow), a bit of bronzer and mascara. I could not live without mascara.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
5 minutes :) I have a quick routine of eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, eyeshadow (trio of colors) and tada! ON a fancier day I'll add in mascara and a little shimmer on my lips.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm another 5 minute gal - a strong lip, powder in lieu of liner, mascara, and maybe a bit of foundation if I'm feeling fancy. But I almost always do it - once when I had food poisoning and was due to fly, my husband came upon me putting on eye makeup. "What are you doing?" he asked. "The bare minimum for self-respect," I croaked.

Yeah. :roll:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha- I also have a "bare minimum" for self respect routine- eyebrow pencil and eyeliner... :)

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
My work make-up doesn't take long at all.. Maybe 7 minutes tops. It's just foundation, eye shadow, and mascara. "Going out" make-up takes about 5 minutes more, since I also do eye liner, blush, and lips if I'm going out. I used to work somewhere that didn't require makeup at that was heavenly, but believe it or not my current job has it written in that I must wear it (I do public presentations).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends how vain I am feeling that day. :lol: or how late I got up. I never leave the house without spackle around my eyes, brows filled in, shimmery ivory eyeshadow all around (part of the spackle routine) lashes curled, and mascara. I have serious circles and have all my life, and I seriously look like I was beaten up without concealer. So I have a pretty heavy duty routine. So I'd say THAT routine probably 5 to 8 minutes. IF I got up on time, or I am extra vain or have a consult that day, I add foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner and maybe more eye shadow, which tacks on anywhere froom 10-15 minutes. I also put my hair in big hot rollers before I start the makeup so they can set while I am spackling. That's less to curl it and more to smooth out the natural dents in it that would probably be curls and waves if I didn't have it so long right now.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I love makeup! It would be fair to say that I I have more $ in makeup than in diamonds, I have a 4' tool chest that's packed!
I wear very little for work and prefer classic looks out of work, good contouring and blending. Even if it's a smokey eye or a dark lip for evenings; I like it polished.
I did makeup for weddings for years when I was in the beauty industry FT.
I still LOVE doing makeovers on my friends and teaching my friend's daughters how to do their makeup, it's a good way to purge my stash too, I give a lot away to my friends - makes room for more :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Spackling" *snort* Ame you crack me up. Good term for it, though!

Mine takes me roughly 7-8 minutes...powder, combo blush/bronzer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, and a sheer lip gloss. That's just for work, though, if I am going out or trying to look better than average I go a bit slower and add in extras like eyelash curling and maybe additional brow grooming/shading.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I'm another "makeup is a necessity" girl. I have sandy/dark blonde hair, but my lashes are really fair. Without mascara they are non-existant, and I feel like my eyes look so small and tired without it! I put on mascara no matter how tired/sick/hungover I am!

I think that wearing makeup daily has really protected my skin. I have worn tinted moiturizer and/or foundation with sunscreen every day since I was a teen and I hardly have a fine line. I'm 33 and people usually think I'm in my mid-twenties.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1329884168|3131447 said:
"Spackling" *snort* Ame you crack me up. Good term for it, though!
Oh dude, it requires a trowel!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My normal routine is: apply eye primer, put on blush, use cream shadow all over, line on the upper inner rim, curl eyelashes, and apply mascara. It takes me about 5 minutes. If my skin is fighting with me, I'll add some concealer and a cream-to-powder.

If I'm going fancy, I'll spend up to 10 minutes more, working on making my skin appear flawless and gussying up the eyes.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love makeup and can spend a while doing it if I feel like it...its a stress reliever sometimes. The makeup I wear every day takes 5 minutes or less...bronzer, liquid liner, and mascara if I feel like it. I am super fast with liquid eyeliner so that saves time.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Tinted sunscreen, eyebrow pencil, mascara, powder foundation.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm another "will wear makeup until I'm physically not able to put it on" people. My routine's around 15 minutes, sometimes a little more depending on if I'm feeling spunky that day. I need eyebrow pencil, because without it mine disappear, and I like kinda dramatic eyes. I feel like I'm a bit lacking in the skills department. I've been experimenting lately, so I've been spending a bit more time than normal.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1329888768|3131496 said:
Tinted sunscreen, eyebrow pencil, mascara, powder foundation.
I use all the same things except I substitute powder foundation with light lipstick. It take me no more than 5 minutes for this everyday look.
if I'm getting glammed up for a "real event" I add eyeliner and blush with darker lipstick.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Make up makes me look older, so I usually give it a miss. I like bare minerals because of the sunscreen / easy application, so I put a swipe of that on most days. Less than a minute. Mascara for very fancy occasions, maybe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less than 5 minutes during the workweek. Moisturizer, sunblock, eyeliner, mascara and shadow and lipgloss. Cover up spot applied if I need it.
On the weekends depends on what we are doing. I'm a less is more person when it comes to makeup generally but if we are going someplace where I want to look extra pretty I spend another 5 minutes on my makeup.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Literally no time at all. I don't like makeup so I've never worn it. Well, okay, I did once -- on my wedding day, but someone else applied it.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
About five minutes I would guess...I do concealer, blush, eyeliner, and mascara on a daily basis.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably 5-10 minutes. I have a ton of make-up too. I think I own almost every shade of shadow bare escentuals has ever made. I love to change up my look, but then I go through phases that I just wear foundation, blush, eye brow pencil and mascara, and lip gloss.
I love Burt's Bee Hibiscus. Funny thing, if I don't wear any eye make up but mascara my lashes come out really long. With eye make up
they seem stubby. Something about getting shadow or eyeliner on them I think.

April20

Ideal_Rock
About three mins. Small amount of base to even out skin tones, powder, blusher, eye shadow, liner and mascara. No lip stick for me. I've never been into it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I skip makeup most days, but if I'm wearing it it takes about a minute or two. I do eyebrows, a little mascara, and maybe a sweep of blush or some lipstick. If I have any problem spots I'll put on a touch of concealer.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. I have a long morning routine, but I think I spend all my make-up and hair time in the shower. I love the shower. I don't do my make-up or hair at all.

I work in jeans, t-shirt, and converse shoes.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I don't like wearing makeup so I generally don't. If I do, it's just tinted moisturizer and mascara, so maybe two minutes? A few times a year, I do something special enough to warrant eyeshadow and colored lipgloss, but that's my limit.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I've just realised that I factored in putting in my contact lenses because its part of the morning wake up process.
I'm a mascara girl until removed feet first gal. For the rest, a little dap of moisturiser around the eyes, one that works well for me, absorbs and isn't oily. Spot of very light foundation and the ole black wand. But I too consider that minimum for self respect. Don't like appearing before anyone other than my sweetie without that.

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately I am no "natural beauty" in the morning! So my makeup routine takes 15-20 min. But oh how I wish I could head out the door bare faced with nothing more than a swish of lipgloss!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Well, assuming no one has hidden the chapstick, one second.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results