shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pairs of footwear do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Up until recently I''ve not been a "shoe person," unlike some of my friends who have billions of pairs. One friend I''ve known for 2 years always surprises me by having yet another pair of shoes which I''ve never seen before. I''m not sure if she keeps buying more or if she has big heaping mountain of them located in her closet that she hasn''t worked her way to the bottom of yet.

Anyway, I''ve suddenly have become obsessed with shoes and am happily adding to my collection and showing them all off
3.gif

Question for you all is how many pairs total of footwear do you own? I''m talking EVERYTHING from flip flops to heels to rainboots to snowboots.

Count them up before posting (that is if you can find all of them - as we all end up having a pair tucked aways somewhere or another that we''ve forgotten all about).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm still not all the way unpacked so I can't get an accurate count, but last time I counted it was maybe 140ish? I've gotten more shoes since then and only gotten rid of a few pairs, so it's probably up to 150 something by now.

Pretty ridiculous sounding, but I love shoes and I rarely get rid of them for some reason. I get rid of my clothes a lot more often-I sell stuff I don't wear anymore at a local boutique consignment shop about once a season and I also give clothes to my twin sister. Sadly for her I wear a size 10 and she wears an 8.5 (NOT FAIR) so she can't wear my shoes!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Not a clothes or shoe person, to me just need it to get by and not scare people.
3.gif
I have 2 pairs of tennis shoes, 4 pairs of heels ( that NEVER get worn), and 4 pairs of flipflops. Since I am in so cal, and I hate the feeling of restricted feet, the flipflops usually win. ETA- also have hiking boots. So 11 total.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Only around 20.
8.gif
It makes me sad because I love shoes but have a really hard time finding comfy ones. I refuse to buy a shoe that is not immediately comfortable (or at least tolerable
2.gif
). I''ve spent too much money buying the adorable shoes that I wear once and decide I can never wear again.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
According to Mr. Tuckins... Too many!!!
3.gif

I don''t have time to count right now, but i''ll say it''s somewhere in the ballpark of 50-70 pairs. And, wouldn''t ya'' know, I only wear about 5 pairs on a regular basis!
41.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I have:

1 Pair of Black Pumps
1 Pair of Black & White Peep Toe Pumps
1 Pair of 2" Brown Mary Jane Pumps
2 Pairs of Black Mary Jane Flats
1 Pair of Black Ugg Boots
1 Pair of Black Rain Boots
1 Pair of Purple Converse High Tops
1 Pair of Black Leather Flip Flops
1 Pair of Orange Leather Flip Flops
1 Pair of Grey Foam Flip Flops
1 Pair of Gold Knee High Boots (from a halloween costume)
1 Pair of Running Shoes
1 Pair of Tennis Shoes
1 Pair of Ice Skates
1 Pair of Roller Blades
1 Pair of Riding Boots
1 Pair of Snowboard Boots
1 Pair of Soccer Cleats
1 Pair of Canvas Ballet Flats (literally ballet shoes, not the style)
1 Pair of Black Leather Dance Shoes

Man--pretty much half my shoes are specialty footwear of some type. LOL. I guess I am not a shoe person.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2 pair
everyday and dress shoes

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I can''t get an exact number as my summer shoes are packed away, but I''m going to estimate around 125, including all flip flops, boots, heels, sandals, etc. I just bought three pairs a few minutes ago from 6pm.com too
11.gif

I LOVE shoes
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 pairs of sneakers
6 pairs of heels/dress boots
2 pairs rain-proof hiking boots
2 pair flip flops

So 12.

But I wear the sneakers at least 95% of the year.
1.gif
The other shoes get worn maybe once a year each, if that often.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My total is 50-60 pairs. I am a sucker for heels, the higher the better and that is what I have the most of, along with 4-5 pairs of gym shoes. Living in FL from WI, I have much more opportunity to wear my heels (mostly open toe) year round which I love.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I don't believe it, HOW can anyone have more than 100 pair of shoes?
23.gif
You must have favor ones that you wear more often? what do you do with the rest?

I have 9 pairs.

3p formal/dress
3p sneakers/hiking
1p boot
1p slippers
1p casual

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 7:36:00 PM
Author: princessplease
I can''t get an exact number as my summer shoes are packed away, but I''m going to estimate around 125, including all flip flops, boots, heels, sandals, etc. I just bought three pairs a few minutes ago from 6pm.com too
11.gif

I LOVE shoes
9.gif
Lol!! We must me shoemates! I''m at 120 if we include my 30 pairs of flipflops + 38 pairs of sandals....the rest consist of stilletos and high heels of some sort...oh and the 3 pairs of sneakers and 7 pairs of boots.....(and I live in FL
12.gif
).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
20 pr

1 pr crocs
4 pr flip flops
1 pr snow boots
3 pr slip on shoes..kinda like clogs, but more sneakerish
3 pr work boots (not actual work boots, they just look like it)
1 pr tennies
6 pr sandals (3 brown, 3 black)
1 pr dress boots

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 7:57:33 PM
Author: lovegem
I don''t believe it, HOW can anyone have more than 100 pair of shoes?
23.gif
You must have favor ones that you wear more often? what do you do with the rest?

I have 9 pairs.

3p formal/dress
3p sneakers/hiking
1p boot
1p slippers
1p casual

Yep, I definitely have favorite ones I wear more often. I''ll wear a few pairs constantly, rotate a new pair in, an old pair gets rotated out, etc. I very rarely wear the same shoes for more than a year or two so they just kind of accumulate. I used to work for a clothing boutique so I bought TONS while I worked there, which definitely made the number go up a lot.

Plus I just LOVE shoes. I seriously love them and I always have, even as a kid. They''re my favorite thing to buy! I love them even more than clothes, and I love clothes a ton, so that''s saying something!
3.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 5:16:24 PM
Author:MC
Up until recently I''ve not been a ''shoe person,'' unlike some of my friends who have billions of pairs. One friend I''ve known for 2 years always surprises me by having yet another pair of shoes which I''ve never seen before. I''m not sure if she keeps buying more or if she has big heaping mountain of them located in her closet that she hasn''t worked her way to the bottom of yet.

Anyway, I''ve suddenly have become obsessed with shoes and am happily adding to my collection and showing them all off
3.gif

Question for you all is how many pairs total of footwear do you own? I''m talking EVERYTHING from flip flops to heels to rainboots to snowboots.

Count them up before posting (that is if you can find all of them - as we all end up having a pair tucked aways somewhere or another that we''ve forgotten all about).
40 pair...I wear about 10 of them on a regular basis.a lot of dress shoes,boots like Doc Martins for fall and winter and sneakers or driving mocs for summer wear.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Counting flip flops (which don''t really seem like SHOES to me) my total is around 45. Sorry MC, I''m not digging all of them up. I have a Christmas tree here needs wrestlin''. I wear my shoes to death and then get them re-heeled, repaired, whatever so they last a long a$$ time.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 8:26:07 PM
Author: jewelerman

Up until recently I''ve not been a ''shoe person,'' unlike some of my friends who have billions of pairs. One friend I''ve known for 2 years always surprises me by having yet another pair of shoes which I''ve never seen before. I''m not sure if she keeps buying more or if she has big heaping mountain of them located in her closet that she hasn''t worked her way to the bottom of yet.

3.gif

40 pair...I wear about 10 of them on a regular basis.a lot of dress shoes,boots like Doc Martins for fall and winter and sneakers or driving mocs for summer wear.
I guess i should have added that Im always looking for a bargin on good shoes at stores like Rosses or DSW...I never pay over $50.00 for a pair of shoes or boots and go months without buying and wear what i have in my closet.I have a hard time passing up deals like Doc Martins for $11.99 at Rosses or the $400.00 pair of Italian dress leather shoes for $23.99 from DSW...that trip to DSW yielded 4 pairs of shoes for 61.00 that retailed for $600.00....the Asic''s running shoes im wearing as i write were $14.99 and still had the $89.99 tag on them!I am really careful with my shoes so they really show little wear and so i can wear a pair for 10 years before I throw them out of donate them to charities.!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 8:02:45 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Date: 11/16/2009 7:36:00 PM

Author: princessplease

I can't get an exact number as my summer shoes are packed away, but I'm going to estimate around 125, including all flip flops, boots, heels, sandals, etc. I just bought three pairs a few minutes ago from 6pm.com too
11.gif

I LOVE shoes
9.gif
Lol!! We must me shoemates! I'm at 120 if we include my 30 pairs of flipflops + 38 pairs of sandals....the rest consist of stilletos and high heels of some sort...oh and the 3 pairs of sneakers and 7 pairs of boots.....(and I live in FL
12.gif
).

9.gif
Yay!!! You understand my obsession then, Lucky!! One of my favorite times of the year is when Old Navy gets their flip flop stock in. I buy one in each color
11.gif
. I live in NJ, so it's super cold in the winter, which requires closed toed heels and boots, and it's really hot in the summer, which requires open toed heels (for work) and tons of flippies and sandals! I also have a bunch of 'retired' gym sneakers which are too worn in to wear to the gym, but are still in good condition.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m kind of embarrassed by how few I have! 2 pairs dress, one pair sneakers, 6 pair flip-flop/ sandals = 9 pairs. I don''t even have boots! I gotta go shopping!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I limit myself to 50. That way I have to really think through purchases. I think I could easily have 100, though.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I have like, none. I have a really difficult time finding shoes that fit and are comfortable. I love to check out other ladies shoes, but just can''t find a lot that fit
15.gif

1 pair black pumps
1 pair brown pumps
1 pair black flats
2 pairs sneakers
3-5 pairs sandals/flip flops

I think that''s it. My work shoes are the black pumps and black flats, and I usually just wear (nice) sandals on weekends.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 8:52:28 PM
Date: 11/16/2009 8:26:07 PM

Up until recently I've not been a 'shoe person,' unlike some of my friends who have billions of pairs. One friend I've known for 2 years always surprises me by having yet another pair of shoes which I've never seen before. I'm not sure if she keeps buying more or if she has big heaping mountain of them located in her closet that she hasn't worked her way to the bottom of yet.

Anyway, I've suddenly have become obsessed with shoes and am happily adding to my collection and showing them all off
3.gif

Question for you all is how many pairs total of footwear do you own? I'm talking EVERYTHING from flip flops to heels to rainboots to snowboots.

Count them up before posting (that is if you can find all of them - as we all end up having a pair tucked aways somewhere or another that we've forgotten all about).
I guess i should have added that Im always looking for a bargin on good shoes at stores like Rosses or DSW...I never pay over $50.00 for a pair of shoes or boots and go months without buying and wear what i have in my closet.I have a hard time passing up deals like Doc Martins for $11.99 at Rosses or the $400.00 pair of Italian dress leather shoes for $23.99 from DSW...that trip to DSW yielded 4 pairs of shoes for 61.00 that retailed for $600.00....the Asic's running shoes im wearing as i write were $14.99 and still had the $89.99 tag on them!I am really careful with my shoes so they really show little wear and so i can wear a pair for 10 years before I throw them out of donate them to charities.!

I loved my dr. Martins. I had one pair many years ago. I wore it everyday for over 5 years. It took lots of beating. Too bad dr. Martins isn't the biggest thing for females nowadays.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I''m actually surprised I''m not the only one that owns few shoes. I''m more of a bag lady
2.gif

1 pair hiking boots
1 pair ski boots (not really shoes)
3 pair flats (black, brown, gold)
3 pair of kitten heels (ivory, brown, and white/black material)
2 pair of crappy flip flops
1 pair old Doc Martens (mary janes)
1 pair Uggs (Knightsbridge)
3 pair tennis shoes
2 pair of sandals (brown leather and gold leather)

grand total of 17 pairs of shoes.
I did move across the country and did donate a handful of shoes I just did not wear.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Umm....shoes I own total or shoes that I have access to?

In my closet, I have a brown bin, a black bin, and a pair of tennis shoes year round. I rotate in the boot bin or the flip flop bin dependent on season, and then there''s always a pair of running shoes and a pair of rain boots. I keep the seasonal bin (so right now, flip flops) in the coat closet, and the rotated out brown/black pairs are in a rubbermaid under my bed. So, that''s the long way of saying that counting them is an impossible task. Oh, and I think there''s a basket somewhere with just evening shoes.

Now, to preface this, I RARELY throw a pair away - so some shoes in my closet have been there for a LONG time. I literally have pairs from HS that are still in beautiful shape because they were classics and I didn''t wear them except for Christmas or a special occasion.

In my closet right now:
1 rainboots
1 uggs
2 black boots (tall and short)
2 brown boots (tall and short)
1 pair tennis shoes
1 pair flip flops (out because we had waves of warm weather)
3 pairs brown leather stillettos
3 pairs chunky brown leather heels
2 pairs brown flats
1 pair brown lace ups
1 pair green tweed shoes
2 pairs black leather stilletos
1 pair black chunky heels
1 pair peep toe leopard print (so uncomfortable, but sooo cute!)
2 slide on heels
1 pair really chunky danskos
2 pairs flats
1 pair white and navy leather lace-ups
1 pair cowboy boots

so...that''s 29 pairs in the closet if my math is right.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
not counting, probably 75+ and more. Just bought some killer heels at Nordies this past weekend.

Freke - fess up.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
more than one woman should admit: i have a pair of Uggs from years ago that i''ve never worn....ditto Berkenstocks and others as well. i trace it back to having only one pair of shoes at a time as a kid........

mz

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Normal shoes:

1 pr rubber boots
1 pr hiking boots
2 pr birkenstock sandals (one new pair and one comfy very worn pair)
2 pr black meeting flats (one cheap but comfy, one dressy but blisterful)
1 pr brown suede boots
1 pr cheap slip-ons (for taking out garbage)
1 pr moccasin slippers
1 pr strappy cream heels for weddings

Costume shoes (for haloween/costume parties):

2 pr geta for yukata/kimono
1 pr rediculously tall gold wedges
1 pr black lycra platform boots

I think I need to invest in a decent footwear wardrobe! What a random collection.

So 14 pairs of shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results