shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored.....tell me something random....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
I''ll start....Tigers love pepper, hate cinnamon.
25.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
3 useless facts from me.

I get married in 209 days.

Manchester, UK (where I live) has a bee as part of its symbol as it was a "hive of industry" during the Industrial Revolution.

If you put kiwi or pineapple into jelly (jello) it won''t set due to the enzymes.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Bahaha!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
A twit, huh?! That is awesome! I also didn''t know about the kiwi or the pineapple enzymes not allowing gelatin to gel.....I love learning random stuff!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Nutmeg, supposedly, is also a potent hallucinogenic.

I am selling my house and have to be out in 18 days! We haven''t packed anything yet! We don''t know where we are moving! Woo Hoo!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
My brother is 7 years younger than I am....people always think he is the oldest;-)

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Just random thoughts that come into my head.....I love my iPhone...I would marry it if i wasn''t already married to my hubby:)

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
A Nintendo DS is great entertainment in a doctor''s waiting room.
PS Mute the sound of course

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
there is only one Starbucks in my country and it is located at the airport.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
The only topping I like on my pizza is broccoli.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
if you put plain listerine around your doors it keeps the mosquitos out

every continent starts with the same letter it ends with

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I can''t make a good pie crust, ever.

And I can''t fold a bottom bed sheet perfectly.

such problems

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somehow I''m suddenly allergic to Brie. Get hives on my face almost immediately. With all the holiday eating/drinking it was hard to figure out *what* was causing the reaction. For a while I thought it was Baileys but I think I''m more bummed to live w/o Brie than Baileys.

Turns out my age old Penicillan (sp?) allergy has reared its ugly head & now reacts with cheeses that are formed with the same mold. Blue Cheese is probably out for me too! Weird, right? I''m FORTY-TWO. Anyone else develop allergies *later*?

Prius/Hummer? Really? Gonna need more details before I swallow that whole, moldy or not ...
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
kelly: you seem to be bored alot (hehe).

my random thought is this is my first day back at work after 10 days off and I have NO desire to do one thing. I have a pile of stuff but can''t get motivated to even look at it! Help!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I spent all day Saturday in the spa at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. I 100% recommend it. If you''re going to be in the area, go! But you have to book in advance.....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 10:03:22 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
if you put plain listerine around your doors it keeps the mosquitos out

every continent starts with the same letter it ends with

With exception of the word "America", that''s not true. North and South America are two separate continents

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After today there are only 10 more Mondays until it''s officially spring.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:32:39 AM
Author: monarch64
that''s the best random thought I''ve heard yet! This morning it was 17 degrees! (NJ, not Vermont or Canada...)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:34:04 AM
Author: janinegirly

that''s the best random thought I''ve heard yet! This morning it was 17 degrees! (NJ, not Vermont or Canada...)

Hooray for Spring! The end of the week here the high''s aren''t supposed to be above 0, so yeah..c''mon Spring!

April20

Ideal_Rock
You just made my day. It''s normally not very cold in winter in Atlanta, but the wind chill here was 4 this morning! Too cold for me!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I study Pill bugs (Armadillidium vulgare, woodlice, roly-polys, sow bugs, etc).

Pill bugs are crustaceans and have 14 legs (I think of them as land shrimp).

They live up to 3 years, give birth to live young, and grow continuously throughout their lives.

They eat mostly dead and decaying matter, and instead of urinating, they give off pure ammonia gas - like a car.

They are gentle and do not bite.

re: hummer vs prius ~
Are we talking carbon to produce the vehicle or carbon over the lifetime ownership of the vehical?
The prius uses metals in its battery that result in high carbon emissions due to mining and manufacturing practices necesary to create the battery
(same problem with solar pannels
15.gif
However, lifetime running of the prius uses much less fossil fuels than a hummer.

In terms of consumer feed back to the industry, purchasing a prius is a vote for change and greener technology - showing a very clear and lucrative market for lower-carbon technology, whereas purchasing a hummer is a vote for buisness as usual.
(Which will have more of a long-term effect on the future development of consumer technology?)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, yeah, I thought counting Mondays until spring was a pretty positive way to get over my winter-phobia today. We''ll see if I keep remembering there is one less Monday as the weeks go by.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results