shape
carat
color
clarity

NEW LOGR 18K LEGACY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
After feeling like I was the only one who didn''t have one of these popular settings, I finally got one! I decided to try the 18k, just to see if there was any difference, but given that they''re both rhodium plated, I didn''t expect to see much. More about that later.

I upgraded the diamonds, asked them to polish the inside, and add prongs. Obviously, they forgot to add the prongs, but otherwise I''m very pleased - the diamonds look fantastic, and the milgrain is mostly very even (around the surprise diamond, it''s not quite as even).

IMG_2251.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here you can see that the inside is polished. It might not be done as finely as a high-end jeweler, but I''m very happy with it.

IMG_2255a.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping to see this today! Very pretty; any idea of what you''ll set in it? Also, do you think there''s a visible difference between the 18k and the 14k?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In a little sun it''s really glowy (in a lot of sun, it''s fiercly sparkly!). I louped these diamonds, and they really are VS - very nice!

LOGR setting sun.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
My other LOGR setting is 14k, but it''s at the jeweler''s still - I''m going to pick it up later and I''ll be back with comparison shots. Here is my 14k ER, but it''s dirty and worn, so not a great comparison. The diamonds in both are VS though.

LOGR setting comparison.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! the diamonds look very good too! what will you put in it?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks szh07 and D&T! I promise that I will post more shots after I get my other LOGR setting - it''s not worn, so it would be a better comparison than my ER. For weight comparison, this same style is listed at 3.67grams for 14k, and mine is 4.42grams.

Here''s the blue topaz I plan to use:

LOGR legacy stone1-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I had hoped to prong-set this one, but since they forgot, I guess I''ll have to see if it will fit as a bezel?! The topaz is just sitting in the setting right now.

LOGR legacy stone2-2.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks like a perfect fit! Beautiful!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In the previous pic, it looked like the culet was touching metal, but you can see here that it''s not - there''s a cutout space.

LOGR legacy stone 6-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Another reason I got this setting was to see how a round stone would fit. The amethyst in this group was given to me by my brother, and you can see the enormous window.
23.gif

LOGR legacy stone7-2.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, thats right I remember seeing this beautiful Gem, It looks like a great candidate for a bezel- Just beautiful!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Believe it or not, this is the same stone! I know this was done with the round legacy setting (Houdini!), but hey, it seems to work in this one too. I'll definitely get rose gold for this one, but do you think it looks funny to have a round in this setting - maybe double prongs to fill out the corners?

LOGR legacy stone8-2.JPG

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Setting looks great! Diamonds look really sparkly and I''m impressed with the details in such close up photos! I''m actually really liking the bezel with the topaz, looks so sleek and color seems to really pop.

Will you be showing us the round stone in the setting? I was actually considering this setting with the prongs added for a round stone myself. I just got my first LOGR setting for my pink tourmaline but am not sure if I''m going to keep it and am considering different options.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL seems you posted while I was typing
2.gif
I actually really like the contrasting shapes in halos. I was having some trouble with the sizing though, what size is the setting (I assume 8mm?) and what size is the Amethyst?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your new setting looks great. I think the blue topaz looks perfect in it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''m a huge fan of mismatched halos and centerstones; but, do you think it would be secure to set a round into that setting?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 2:20:13 PM
Author: Babyblue033
2.gif
I actually really like the contrasting shapes in halos. I was having some trouble with the sizing though, what size is the setting (I assume 8mm?) and what size is the Amethyst?
Hi Babyblue! I always have your umbalite ring in mind when I think of rounds in cushion halos! My amethyst is 8.1mm, and the setting was made for an 8mm cushion (7.99 x 8.05mm, to be exact). When I use my digital calipers to measure the inside of the halo, it''s 7.75mm x 7.62mm. I''m going to bring my amethyst to the jewelers just to see what he says.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 2:22:09 PM
Author: szh07
Personally, I''m a huge fan of mismatched halos and centerstones; but, do you think it would be secure to set a round into that setting?
I''d have to add prongs, but as long as it''s the right size, I think it will be okay. However, my jeweler might tell me that I''m crazy, so we''ll see...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
If you paid extra to have him put on prongs, I would return it and make him add prongs. The reason I say this is because I learned the hard way that you have to be a great benchman to pull off oa good bezel, and I''m not sure if your jeweler can do the job well. I wouldn''t take the chance. It also cost me $120 to add prongs to my Legacy 8x8 LOGR, and I''m sure it would be much cheaper through them. If he said he was going to do it, you should also be reimbursed for S&H to and from for this work.

Otherwise, it is a very beautiful setting.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2009 2:38:11 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 8/3/2009 2:20:13 PM

2.gif
Hi Babyblue! I always have your umbalite ring in mind when I think of rounds in cushion halos! My amethyst is 8.1mm, and the setting was made for an 8mm cushion (7.99 x 8.05mm, to be exact). When I use my digital calipers to measure the inside of the halo, it''s 7.75mm x 7.62mm. I''m going to bring my amethyst to the jewelers just to see what he says.
For some reason I was having trouble figuring out the difference between cushion and round stone fitting on this setting
14.gif
I wasn''t sure if a 8mm round will actually fit in the 8mm cushion setting, or if a larger round will fit better with less gap/bezel showing. Maybe I''m over thinking it? Your photo of the Amethyst looks like the setting might be able to accommodate a larger stone but my pink tourmaline is 8.6mm and I wonder if that''s TOO big.

Sorry for the thread-jack but your timing couldn''t be better and your fabulous photos really made me want to get one!
5.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting and the stone - that''s going to be gorgeous once it''s done!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 2:50:24 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Cellentani,
If you paid extra to have him put on prongs, I would return it and make him add prongs. The reason I say this is because I learned the hard way that you have to be a great benchman to pull off oa good bezel, and I''m not sure if your jeweler can do the job well. I wouldn''t take the chance. It also cost me $120 to add prongs to my Legacy 8x8 LOGR, and I''m sure it would be much cheaper through them. If he said he was going to do it, you should also be reimbursed for S&H to and from for this work.

Otherwise, it is a very beautiful setting.
Hi TL! Yeah, I''ve thought about that. I sent Stephan a message already, but if I decide on a bezel, I''ll take it to Quest (but it will probably be around $150 to set).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 2:52:56 PM
For some reason I was having trouble figuring out the difference between cushion and round stone fitting on this setting
14.gif
I wasn''t sure if a 8mm round will actually fit in the 8mm cushion setting, or if a larger round will fit better with less gap/bezel showing. Maybe I''m over thinking it? Your photo of the Amethyst looks like the setting might be able to accommodate a larger stone but my pink tourmaline is 8.6mm and I wonder if that''s TOO big.

Sorry for the thread-jack but your timing couldn''t be better and your fabulous photos really made me want to get one!
5.gif
Here''s how I feel: if you scroll up to my pic of the profile, you''ll see how the bezel sticks up above the halo like a wall. Obviously, for a bezel, this is necessary, but not so much with prongs. I would want that bezel taken down so that it''s flush (or nearly so) with the halo, milgrain added to match the outside of the halo edge, and prongs added at the corners. With the bezel taken down, my stone will sit much lower, and this setting is on the high side for me already.

If you had the bezel taken down, your 8.6mm stone should fit nicely, but you''d have to find a competant jeweler. I just measured the ouside of the bezel at
9.2mm x 9.5mm, and the bezel walls are about 1mm thick.

I''ll let you know what my jeweler says.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love the topaz in it. I say BEZEL IT! I really fancy the bezel look for the legacy.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And here is the world''s ugliest peridot (round, 8mm) in the setting.

legacy with peridot.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you posted pics of your upgraded setting! It''s fab, and that blue topaz is going to look smashing in it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results