shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Green garnet, Red & Pink spinels, Pink tourmaline and more.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As requested, here is a group pile on of the rings I received in the package. I'll have to go take individual pictures now. I debated even posting this picture because the EC ring looks as though it is squashing my finger, giving me the "sausage" finger look. YUCK! :nono: The colours of the rest of the stones are off too.

group_pile_0.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Green garnet, Red & Pink spinels, Pink tourmaline and mo

Damn I'm in love with that AVC ring!! and silly girl you don't have sausage fingers at all

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel so inadequate as a photographer. Many have artistic flower pictures and most can at least capture the sharpness of the facets which I can do neither. I cannot even get the colour right! ;( The AVC pictures will be in 2 places but the green garnet stays squarely in CS and the EC stays squarely in SMTB.

red_avc_1.jpg

red_avc_2.jpg

red_avc_3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know the colour is off when 18k yellow gold prongs look like white gold.

red_avc_4.jpg

red_avc_5.jpg

red_avc_6.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Moving on to the green (mint) garnet and this one is no better. For some reason my hands shook so much almost all the pictures had to be deleted. Maybe it's because it is lunch time and I should have eaten something first. It is debatable whether this is a mint garnet or tsavorite. Sellers will call this a tsavorite, buyers will call it a green garnet.

garnet_indoors_1.jpg

garnet_indoors_2.jpg

garnet_outdoors.jpg

Rainbird

Rough_Rock

Wow Chrono, they are all really stunning rings. :love: The AVC with the combination of those luscious red spinels is to 'die-for'. I love those chunky facets. I don't know how you decide which of the rings to wear first. :)

I think your photos are great, but share your frustration in capturing exactly how it looks in real life.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

All that came to you in one package? That must have been a good day!

Really they are all so lovely I don't know where to start, so I will start at the end and say that green pear, neither mint nor tsavorite, should be termed Forest Mint®!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1368206491|3444257 said:
I feel so inadequate as a photographer. Many have artistic flower pictures and most can at least capture the sharpness of the facets which I can do neither. I cannot even get the colour right! ;( The AVC pictures will be in 2 places but the green garnet stays squarely in CS and the EC stays squarely in SMTB.

It looks great on! I love those old cuts, and off course paired with spinel it's just perfect. The color on the pink tourmaline is lovely by the way. All of your new, and or updated rings just look really nice!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1368207050|3444262 said:
Moving on to the green (mint) garnet and this one is no better. For some reason my hands shook so much almost all the pictures had to be deleted. Maybe it's because it is lunch time and I should have eaten something first. It is debatable whether this is a mint garnet or tsavorite. Sellers will call this a tsavorite, buyers will call it a green garnet.

Ooooh! Where is this stone from?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rainbird,
Your photos are far superior to mine. Your gems are gorgeous too. I keep coming over to your thread to drool over everything.

VL,
Yup, all 5 rings in a single package. Because the bench isn't local to me, I wanted to save on shipping costs. I saved up all the work until I feel it's about time, then do several projects at the same time. Yes, it certainly made my Friday a great one.

InnerKitten,
The green garnet is from PrimaGems. Thanks for the kind words.

Rainbird

Rough_Rock

Chrono|1368213592|3444369 said:
Rainbird,
Your photos are far superior to mine. Your gems are gorgeous too. I keep coming over to your thread to drool over everything.

And I keep coming back and looking at yours. :D I really want an AVC now. Oh dear ...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just tell me to stop adding pictures. You know you want to, so don't be shy.

group_pile_3.jpg

trio_2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

More of the 3 stone AVC. I think these are better pictures than the first few.

red_avc_14.jpg

red_avc_15.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All right, I swear these are the last pictures. :tongue:

duo_0.jpg

trio_3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dammit Chrono! You need to get all of your jewels in one spot and take pictures of ALL OF THEM. And post it all to one thread.

I've been dying for YEARS to see your whole collection in one spot!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

YUMMY...ALL OF THEM!

Lori

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want more pics of the one with the asscher! Who did that setting? I really love it!

(All the rest are gorgeous too, but that's the one that I don't have enough info on.)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beauties! I love the avc & red spinel 3 stone!! :love: You pick such wonderful reds!!!! Do you source your colored stones through any vendor in particular?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness!! Your new collection of rings are just unbelievably beautiful!!! :appl:
Wow.. what a haul. :love: I especially LOVE the emerald cut ring with the fancy work on the sides and the 3 stone ring with the red stones on the side. Do you wear such lovely jewelry every day? :D If this is one delivery of yours then more days are going to have to added to a year to make it longer than 365 days to fit in all your finery. Enjoy!! Wear them in good health!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are all so beautiful, what a nice collection. You have some beautiful colored stone rings Chrono.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Freke,
What? This isn't good enough? Please have mercy on me. :halo: I'm too nervous to take all my jewellery out from the vault at the same time. The value is astronomical and irreplaceable.

Distracts,
I'll take more pictures of the pink step cut octagonal spinel for you. Gotta be careful not to call it an assch** as the original RA owners tend to be sensitive about the branded name. My small town local jeweller made the setting but I wasn't happy with how high the stone sits up. Once I found a better bench, I sent it off to be lowered by at least 3 mm.

ZestB,
Thanks! Because the right coloured stones aren't easy to get, I generally contact several vendors to see what they have. Sometimes, I'll request that they keep an eye out at a show or just at the back of their mind. I only ask vendors whom I've dealt with often though because we already have such a rapport.

Loriken, Rubies and Bright Ice,
Such huge compliments; thank you. I usually wear one ring every day, rotating them out every week. If I feel like royalty that week, I'll wear 2 rings, one on each hand, no more than that. Sometimes I wonder if I have too many rings. Is there such a thing? :devil:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1368243697|3444702 said:
Freke,
What? This isn't good enough? Please have mercy on me. :halo: I'm too nervous to take all my jewellery out from the vault at the same time. The value is astronomical and irreplaceable.
Exactly. Which is why we need to see it.

So here's how you do it:
1. Take a ton of pictures of this stuff.
2. Take it to the vault. Take out a bunch of your other stuff.
3. Take a ton of pictures of that stuff.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 as many times as needed to get pictures of all of the jewelry you have.
5. Post a couple pictures of each "session" in one big "Chrono's Amazing Bling" thread.
6. Make Freke faint from bling over-consumption.

See? Easy!!! :mrgreen:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the family photo shoot! Its neat to see how the colors play off each other. Now off to the other thread to read more about your EC. So pretty.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild|1368247527|3444740 said:
Chrono|1368243697|3444702 said:
Freke,
Exactly. Which is why we need to see it.

So here's how you do it:
1. Take a ton of pictures of this stuff.
2. Take it to the vault. Take out a bunch of your other stuff.
3. Take a ton of pictures of that stuff.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 as many times as needed to get pictures of all of the jewelry you have.
5. Post a couple pictures of each "session" in one big "Chrono's Amazing Bling" thread.
6. Make Freke faint from bling over-consumption.

See? Easy!!! :mrgreen:

Yea that would be freaking awsome....you have such beautiful jewerly...that red spinel ring is stunning! I would LOVE to see all of your stuff :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ummmm.....seriously? I dunno, Freke. Fainting cannot be a good thing, can it? :-o :bigsmile: It'll take months as my travel schedule can be fairly heavy at times. In any case, I had great weather this weekend and took more pictures of each individual item. I tried to be artistic but my house is lacking flowers and all the typically feminine decorative items. Coloured stones only here with diamonds in SMTB to keep within PS's rules.

This is for Distracts.

step_cut_pink_spinel_1.jpg

step_cut_pink_spinel_2.jpg

step_cut_pink_spinel_3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can you tell I'm so happy to be able to capture the cutting well? :lol: It doesn't take much to make me happy.

step_cut_pink_spinel_4.jpg

step_cut_pink_spinel_5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was a challenge to photograph gems with a black iPhone. I kept getting a lot of obstruction. I'll have to remember to get a white or silver case next time.

step_cut_pink_spinel_6.jpg

step_cut_pink_spinel_7.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This one's for Minou since she likes the pink tourmaline in the Art Deco setting. I tried to take flower shots but the rings are so heavy they just fell right off the flower. I then tried to place the rings next to the flowers but the stems were too short so that didn't work either. In the end, I went with the boring leaf shots.

pink_tourm_1.jpg

pink_tourm_2.jpg

pink_tourm_3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These came out exceptionally well in the kitchen. Very clear and crisp precision faceting came through in these pictures.

pink_tourm_4.jpg

pink_tourm_5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The mint garnet / tsavorite was PITA to photograph. I see a very rich deep green with my eyes but my camera saw something else completely different. The setting is custom made by Whiteflash with ACA melees in platinum but not for this particular stone, hence the fit isn't perfect but good enough for me. This way, I get to wear the garnet right away without spending a ton of money. I tried the flower shot again but this time it was worse because the setting is the heaviest I own. I need some fake flowers! :bigsmile:

mint_tsav_1.jpg

mint_tsav_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results